Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 [2756] 2757 2758 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5027724 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #41325 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:35 PM »

Very true. Ireland are building phases and look more dangerous while France seem to be waiting for "big" moments.

Not the thrilling game I was hoping for

Ireland was good ... and we was sooooooo bad ... No movement, nothing ... almost never went within the 22 meters ...

Well done Ireland Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #41326 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

Ireland was good ... and we was sooooooo bad ... No movement, nothing ... almost never went within the 22 meters ...

Well done Ireland Wink
Ireland definitely played the conditions better

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41327 on: February 25, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »

Ireland definitely played the conditions better

They played a beautiful game, almost 20 phases each time, a lot of speed ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41328 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »

Has anyone seen or heard from Noctis recently?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41329 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

They played a beautiful game, almost 20 phases each time, a lot of speed ...
Yep. France seemed to be waiting for "big" moments, but just didn't create anything. Although they did have a lot of turnovers. However, as in the Wales Scotland game, it is about making chances and converting those chances into points.

France definitely have potential but really need to be more dynamic.

Has anyone seen or heard from Noctis recently?
Not on here.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41330 on: February 25, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »

Yep. France seemed to be waiting for "big" moments, but just didn't create anything. Although they did have a lot of turnovers. However, as in the Wales Scotland game, it is about making chances and converting those chances into points.

France definitely have potential but really need to be more dynamic.

Need a soul in this team Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41331 on: February 25, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »

Need a soul in this team Wink

Yes they do. Even though I support England, I always want every team to play well so that every match is a joy to watch (weather conditions permitting). And when France are good they are AMAZING and a true joy to watch.

I know tomorrow's match will be a formality, but I'll be interested to see how many tries England score.

In other news, only just noticed a letter arrived for me today (in the hallway where all our post is kept). I'm now going to spend 20 mins reading through information about pensions options relating to my new job. Yay (zzzzzzzzzzz)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41332 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »

Yes they do. Even though I support England, I always want every team to play well so that every match is a joy to watch (weather conditions permitting). And when France are good they are AMAZING and a true joy to watch.

I know tomorrow's match will be a formality, but I'll be interested to see how many tries England score.

In other news, only just noticed a letter arrived for me today (in the hallway where all our post is kept). I'm now going to spend 20 mins reading through information about pensions options relating to my new job. Yay (zzzzzzzzzzz)

Even though i support France, i prefer when we loose a great match than when we win a poor one ... Yes, in fact, i prefer when we win a great one lol. The ultimate reference is still the one we win vs NZ in Cardiff in 1999 during the World Cup.

Italy, year after year, becomes a real opponent in Rugby ... but i also think that it will be a formality for England tomorrow Wink

Other thing, it is now time for the saturday night trilogy: Rum, Green Lemon and Liquid Sugar  Grin

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41333 on: February 25, 2017, 09:13:52 PM »

Even though i support France, i prefer when we loose a great match than when we win a poor one ... Yes, in fact, i prefer when we win a great one lol. The ultimate reference is still the one we win vs NZ in Cardiff in 1999 during the World Cup.

Italy, year after year, becomes a real opponent in Rugby ... but i also think that it will be a formality for England tomorrow Wink
Italy have improved, but they need to watch their backs as Georgia are also on the rise as a rugby nation.

Other thing, it is now time for the saturday night trilogy: Rum, Green Lemon and Liquid Sugar  Grin
I am drinking my French beer of choice - Kronenbourg

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41334 on: February 25, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »

I am drinking my French beer of choice - Kronenbourg

Brewed 5 km from here ... if it is the 1664 Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41335 on: February 25, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »

Brewed 5 km from here ... if it is the 1664 Wink
Of course it is the 1664!  Grin

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41336 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »

Of course it is the 1664!  Grin

It is a good one Wink

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #41337 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:24 PM »

Even though i support France, i prefer when we loose a great match than when we win a poor one ...

Oddly enough, that kind of attitude is why France got occupied in WWII...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #41338 on: February 26, 2017, 12:17:25 AM »

Eventful last hour.
In a very quiet, peaceful neighborhood, there's usually that one house that has to screw it up for everyone. Well, that'd be the house a few houses up across the street. Not really part of our neighborhood, as it's part of the other side of the busy street, but still.
I was finishing up cutting the grass and I heard women yelling. My wife and I kinda hurried up putting things away, as the rains are coming, and soon enough, here come the sirens and even more yelling. 10 years ago, I'm in my front yard wondering how I can help but that's no longer the case. 4 cop cars eventually come. About half an hour later, they bring the usual suspect out. He's resisting arrest, kicking, screaming, biting, spiting. They had to tie by his feet and bag him. Ambulance came about 15 mins later. My guess is he's off to the funny farm for a few days. Cops filmed it all as evidence to cover their own arses. Stopped traffic in both directions, big ole mess.
But it's always only from that one house, so at least it's just one, not like cancer

No points, just fist bumps baby!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #41339 on: February 26, 2017, 12:47:08 AM »

Self control, I'm good at. Patience, not typically an issue.

Being with reach of a dream I've had for the best part of half my life, and thought wouldn't be fulfilled for another 10-15 years? Testing.

My wife (my wonderful wife) informed me a while back that, when I replace my car later this year, that I don't need to get another sensible family car; We don't need two of them, and she's just bought one. So I can buy a car based on how fun it is to drive, I can buy an impractical car that won't carry the whole family, I can buy a convertible...

In short, I can buy an MX5. Ever since I first had a ride in one seventeen years ago I've wanted one, never really thinking I'd get one, or at least not when there were kids to drive around... But having dived in and done all the due dilligence I can, researched any likely issues, I'm now ready to buy, but there's the small matter of needing the money. I should have left the research until later in the year, but I wanted to be prepared (and as an impractical purchase, I'm determined to make it a fairly cheap one) and there's one sitting at a dealership just a half hour away that's practically perfect, and...

I shall exercise self control. I shall be patient. I shan't bankrupt my family when I have a perfectly adequate car sat outside that's no real age for a modern car (10 years old). I'm sure that when the time comes, I'll find one that's exactly right, even with the right colour, which is the only thing that's 2nd or 3rd choice on the one nearby right now...

But if I say that I was looking at my Ultrasabers earlier and wondering how much I could get by selling them all, well, I think that shows how twitchy I'm feeling right now Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 [2756] 2757 2758 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: