Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2422 2423 [2424] 2425 2426 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5050260 times)
Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #36345 on: August 16, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »

So once you get beyond the green line, a straight-line piece can move completely around the board?
Basically.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #36346 on: August 16, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »

It seems that I'm being super nerdy today. Looking for new action figures, talking about chess, and planning a Supernatural marathon with my friend. In my friend's words "All the nerd stuff, all the times."

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #36347 on: August 16, 2016, 11:25:55 PM »

All caught up on BrainDead. It's amazing how a show can equally infuriate and make you laugh in the span of an hour. Great show.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #36348 on: August 17, 2016, 05:10:25 AM »

watched all 8 harry potter movies in less than 2 day(could have done it in one). Never read the books and it took me this long to watch the last three.   Hmmm what next?

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #36349 on: August 17, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »

watched all 8 harry potter movies in less than 2 day(could have done it in one). Never read the books and it took me this long to watch the last three.   Hmmm what next?
good man! Which was your favourite movie? Like you i have nver rad any of the books, but am reall looking forward to fantastic beasts and where to find them

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #36350 on: August 17, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »

good man! Which was your favourite movie? Like you i have nver rad any of the books, but am reall looking forward to fantastic beasts and where to find them
I read all of the books.  Worth reading IMO.  The films leave out so much, and were made way too far apart IMO.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #36351 on: August 17, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »

I read all of the books.  Worth reading IMO.  The films leave out so much, and were made way too far apart IMO.

Agreed..the films after 2 started going off in their own direction.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #36352 on: August 17, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »

The books are great, but if you have no interest in reading them, might I suggest the audio books dome by the incomparable Jim Dale; an aural treat if there ever was one.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2779

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36353 on: August 17, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »

All caught up on BrainDead. It's amazing how a show can equally infuriate and make you laugh in the span of an hour. Great show.

Tell it like it is, brotha.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36354 on: August 17, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »

i'm really not that fussed about the books, even if loads of stuff has been left out. I did enjoy the movies. Some more than others which always happens with a large franchise

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36355 on: August 17, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »

i'm really not that fussed about the books, even if loads of stuff has been left out. I did enjoy the movies. Some more than others which always happens with a large franchise

For movies based on books, they were better than most. What griped me is that there were certain parts that they use, which were cool parts, but were way cooler in the book because of the depth that was went into. However, I will say that Harry's dragon battle was way cooler in the movie.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36356 on: August 17, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »

For movies based on books, they were better than most. What griped me is that there were certain parts that they use, which were cool parts, but were way cooler in the book because of the depth that was went into. However, I will say that Harry's dragon battle was way cooler in the movie.
that's always going to be the issue with a movie adapted from a book. for me, I always go with the understanding that they are two very different mediums and that things will be changed/created/introduced for the movie to make the overall narrative structure work.

it's funny that as much as i love magic, dragons. fantasy etc I have never had any desire to read the harry potter books. i remember when they first came out and it was a cultural phenomenon. everywhere you went you would see multiple people reading one of the books. it was the same with The Beach and The Da Vinci Code (both of which i did read).

some things grab your desire, some things don't.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #36357 on: August 17, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »

I really liked Goblet of Fire and the second part of the Deathly Hollows although the "19 years later thing" was annoying? does the book do that too? great they have kids going there now. But who became the head master after?

The books are great, but if you have no interest in reading them, might I suggest the audio books dome by the incomparable Jim Dale; an aural treat if there ever was one.

We used to own the set, but they were donated mistakenly to Goodwill before I got to read them.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #36358 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »

I really liked Goblet of Fire and the second part of the Deathly Hollows although the "19 years later thing" was annoying? does the book do that too? great they have kids going there now. But who became the head master after?

We used to own the set, but they were donated mistakenly to Goodwill before I got to read them.

I think Mcgonagall became headmistress.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36359 on: August 17, 2016, 07:56:08 PM »

that's always going to be the issue with a movie adapted from a book. for me, I always go with the understanding that they are two very different mediums and that things will be changed/created/introduced for the movie to make the overall narrative structure work.

it's funny that as much as i love magic, dragons. fantasy etc I have never had any desire to read the harry potter books. i remember when they first came out and it was a cultural phenomenon. everywhere you went you would see multiple people reading one of the books. it was the same with The Beach and The Da Vinci Code (both of which i did read).

some things grab your desire, some things don't.

True. I actually held off until after I saw a few of the movies. Then I figured I'd try the 1st book and see how it was. Loved it. But by the time I finished the 4th, the 5th movie was due to release. I've never read a book before the related movie came out, in any genre. I thought I might for Harry 5. I read the first chapter and closed the book. I knew that the movie was never going to reach the level the book was, and I didn't want to be disappointed in the movie by tearing it apart while watching it for the first time.

Yes. And I'm peeved that the new book is a play.

I think Mcgonagall became headmistress.
Yes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 2422 2423 [2424] 2425 2426 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: