Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2419 2420 [2421] 2422 2423 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5040462 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #36300 on: August 15, 2016, 04:26:15 PM »

Hahaha, oh my goodness, it DOES look like he posed!  That wasn't photoshopped, was it? Wink
no. He was actually looking around to check he was ahead of the field as he was slowing down before the line. He made it look so easy in the semi-finals. Didn't get the greatest start in the final but still won it easily.

Still a funny photo though. Reminds me of the "we're all screwed if Jamaicans become zombies" meme.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1566

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #36301 on: August 15, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Wouldn't we still be safe even if Jamaicans did become zombies? I am sure I read somewhere that zombies can't run because their bodies are so dried out that their ankles would snap if they tried to run! (IIRC, I think George A. Romero was quoted explaining it once.)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36302 on: August 15, 2016, 06:16:13 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Wouldn't we still be safe even if Jamaicans did become zombies? I am sure I read somewhere that zombies can't run because their bodies are so dried out that their ankles would snap if they tried to run! (IIRC, I think George A. Romero was quoted explaining it once.)

kind regards,

For Tyeth
how does that explain the 28 days later zombies?

And i'm sure the drying out process takes a while, so if the jamaican sprint academy had just become zombies, they could do a lot of damage very quickly. Fortunately, my father is jamaican and i am a pretty decent sprinter, so (according to zombieland rules) i won't be one of the first to go.

Although i am black and as we all know, the black guy always dies, so i will succumb eventually. But not before i take a few of you with me! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #36303 on: August 15, 2016, 06:24:25 PM »

how does that explain the 28 days later zombies?
And i'm sure the drying out process takes a while, so if the jamaican sprint academy had just become zombies, they could do a lot of damage very quickly. Fortunately, my father is jamaican and i am a pretty decent sprinter, so (according to zombieland rules) i won't be one of the first to go.

Although i am black and as we all know, the black guy always dies, so i will succumb eventually. But not before i take a few of you with me! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

28 Days Later zombies weren't zombies in the sense of being reanimated corpses. The Rage Virus is basically a highly virulent form of rabies that crossed the human animal barrier. It basically sends the infected into an animalistic state where they attack any normal human. Even a single drop of infected fluid (blood, mucus, saliva) hitting a mucous membrane means infection and total transformation in under 20 seconds.

In 28 Weeks Later, we see the infected dying off due to lack of food and water.

So they're still human. Just highly aggressive, animalistic humans.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #36304 on: August 15, 2016, 06:26:13 PM »

Hello Everyone,

As you can probably tell I don't get to the cinema often! Plus all the Retcon that takes place with film/graphic novel storylines I don't know what is canon or not. I think I'll be ok anyway as I was an athlete back in the day.
(I was a 400m runner when I was 14 with a p.b. of 52.25sec, I didn't have a coach to help or I may have gone faster.)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2779

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36305 on: August 15, 2016, 06:51:06 PM »

Hello Everyone,

As you can probably tell I don't get to the cinema often! Plus all the Retcon that takes place with film/graphic novel storylines I don't know what is canon or not. I think I'll be ok anyway as I was an athlete back in the day.
(I was a 400m runner when I was 14 with a p.b. of 52.25sec, I didn't have a coach to help or I may have gone faster.)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

You've been on the forum for a while now. I think you'd be safe in taking down the greeting and closing from all your posts.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #36306 on: August 15, 2016, 06:54:32 PM »

You've been on the forum for a while now. I think you'd be safe in taking down the greeting and closing from all your posts.

AWWW man.  That's a trademark that I was totally going to tease him about later...lol

Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being polite and courteous. Tongue

You really don't need to do that though For Tyeth. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36307 on: August 15, 2016, 07:10:27 PM »

28 Days Later zombies weren't zombies in the sense of being reanimated corpses. The Rage Virus is basically a highly virulent form of rabies that crossed the human animal barrier. It basically sends the infected into an animalistic state where they attack any normal human. Even a single drop of infected fluid (blood, mucus, saliva) hitting a mucous membrane means infection and total transformation in under 20 seconds.

In 28 Weeks Later, we see the infected dying off due to lack of food and water.

So they're still human. Just highly aggressive, animalistic humans.
i know. However, to the general movie going audience, they are considered zombies. Plus, it worked with my explanation. Logic has no place here!  Tongue

as zombies are an entity there isn't really any canon with them. Like vampires they can be used, developed and have additions to their lore in any way that works for the story that is being told. So, if so,eons wants fast zombies, then fast zombies it is (although Zack Synder did have people who had just turned into zombies running after people in his Dawn of the Dead remake).

My best 100m time was 10.46secs and my 200m was 20.88 secs. Good enough to evade fast Jamaican zombies initially as I could find sanctuary. Or a bike to jump on to help leave the area while the zombies found easier (slower) prey to feast upon.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #36308 on: August 15, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »

Ok, for you guys I'll keep it short and snappy, though I still like to think I'm the most Polite Jedi on the Internet! (It's kinda my trademark).

And to Darth Knox, Impressive..most impressive times. We're the fastest Jedi in the UK!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36309 on: August 15, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »

Ok, for you guys I'll keep it short and snappy, though I still like to think I'm the most Polite Jedi on the Internet! (It's kinda my trademark).

And to Darth Knox, Impressive..most impressive times. We're the fastest Jedi in the UK!
HOW DARE YOU, SIR! I'm a sith. You shall be punished for your impudence

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2779

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #36310 on: August 15, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »

AWWW man.  That's a trademark that I was totally going to tease him about later...lol

Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being polite and courteous. Tongue

You really don't need to do that though For Tyeth. Wink

It was just a little too formal. I don't know about anyone else, but I read these posts as though someone is actually speaking. Greetings and closings just kind of clutter it all.

i know. However, to the general movie going audience, they are considered zombies. Plus, it worked with my explanation. Logic has no place here!  Tongue
as zombies are an entity there isn't really any canon with them. Like vampires they can be used, developed and have additions to their lore in any way that works for the story that is being told. So, if so,eons wants fast zombies, then fast zombies it is (although Zack Synder did have people who had just turned into zombies running after people in his Dawn of the Dead remake).

My best 100m time was 10.46secs and my 200m was 20.88 secs. Good enough to evade fast Jamaican zombies initially as I could find sanctuary. Or a bike to jump on to help leave the area while the zombies found easier (slower) prey to feast upon.

Just FYI for those that haven't heard why zombies have been such a hot ticket item lately. The "Zombie Apocalypse" is a satire on the world at large. The epidemic that spreads from these plagues...

They give all the signs of having a life, but they are really just dead and rotting inside. And they seek to either infect or devour all in their path.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #36311 on: August 15, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »

I'm not terribly fast, although I have pretty good running endurance.

But, at least, if I can't outrun them, I can fall back on pretty darn good split times on headshots from an improvised supported position.   Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #36312 on: August 15, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »

My tablet has really bad Auttto Correkt, I shall rectify it. Darth Knox is a SITH! SITH!
Apologies (see, told you I was polite!)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36313 on: August 15, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

Just FYI for those that haven't heard why zombies have been such a hot ticket item lately. The "Zombie Apocalypse" is a satire on the world at large. The epidemic that spreads from these plagues...
actually zombies are massively popular now due to vampires being dead (thanks to movies like the twilight franchise).

See what i did there?  Vampires being dead. Funny right? Right? Hello?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #36314 on: August 15, 2016, 07:52:54 PM »

Darth Knox, the Coruscant Comedy Circuit Sith! - He'll slay ya!

-1 point for you

Pages: 1 ... 2419 2420 [2421] 2422 2423 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: