Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2415 2416 [2417] 2418 2419 ... 3563   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 5050298 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36240 on: August 11, 2016, 03:09:28 AM »

Oh yeah, they're that strong. It was a 24 inch standard blade. Others were worried, "It's not going to hurt your saber, will it?" Nope. It was a SW party with a Vader piņata and a GB saber. Vader got decapitated Dagobah cave style.

Another testament to their strength: I've sparred against people with 1.5 inch dowels, and I usually dent the snot out of those while only picking up minor, colorless scuff marks that wipe off easily.

Damn right TJ, DJ!!!

I think you'd be able to get an attack window due to the sheer shock/awe/surprise from powering it up, especially if it has sound. You'd still probably get shot, yes, but at least you'd got out in style.

You'll know it's me if you here the story "Father/Husband shot, killed protected family with "lightsaber" That is going out on a high note. Can you imagine, walking into a house and 3 lightsabers light up in the hall, all of them roaring. I'd leave! I mean, if I got really nasty, I'd break out my rhino whip, or good ole machete!

Damn right TJ, DJ!!!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #36241 on: August 11, 2016, 03:15:56 AM »

According to NBC, Men's Gymnastics isn't important enough to show in primetime. Now I have to stay up for the late night "abridged" version. Shame on you NBC.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36242 on: August 11, 2016, 03:39:35 AM »

Day 1 in the books, already down 1 in school shorts. My littlest one had to go pee, and he's so used to snap buttons or basketball shorts. He ripped off the hook and loop and went with saggy shorts for the rest of the day. That's a memorable first day of school. Luckily he has a poofy buttocks or those kids would've had a laugh.

CaffeinatedAdept
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

It is by Caffeine alone I set the Force in Motion

« Reply #36243 on: August 11, 2016, 03:46:48 AM »

Sanity is Madness taking a break.

Emotion in Peace
Power through Knowledge
Passion in Serenity
Harmony in Chaos
Immortality beyond Death
Everything is Balanced

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #36244 on: August 11, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »

Oh yeah, they're that strong. It was a 24 inch standard blade. Others were worried, "It's not going to hurt your saber, will it?" Nope. It was a SW party with a Vader piņata and a GB saber. Vader got decapitated Dagobah cave style.

Another testament to their strength: I've sparred against people with 1.5 inch dowels, and I usually dent the snot out of those while only picking up minor, colorless scuff marks that wipe off easily.

I think you'd be able to get an attack window due to the sheer shock/awe/surprise from powering it up, especially if it has sound. You'd still probably get shot, yes, but at least you'd got out in style.

No, what you do is immediately swing for the fences with it.

The blade is strong enough that, depending on your physical strength and the angle of attack, you could easily break a hand, wrist, or ribs with it, all of which make using any weapon rather problematic. Hit them in the knee and they will probably require knee surgery. Neck? Severe bruising, possible loss of consciousness and/or breathing difficulties. Face? Broken nose, fractured cheek, even a dislocated jaw.

Any number of physical attacks can be devastating to an opponent.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36245 on: August 11, 2016, 04:35:09 AM »

The blade is strong enough that, depending on your physical strength and the angle of attack, you could easily break a hand, wrist, or ribs with it, all of which make using any weapon rather problematic. Hit them in the knee and they will probably require knee surgery. Neck? Severe bruising, possible loss of consciousness and/or breathing difficulties. Face? Broken nose, fractured cheek, even a dislocated jaw.

You know what would be even better!
The intruder intrudes with his own lightsaber!
It'd be on like donkey Kong

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #36246 on: August 11, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »

Or just the hilt, there are many attacks that a trained swordsman could use that don't involve the blade. Some of these hits or in the right hands all could be used to kill an intruder.

on a similar note, this reminds me of an incident I heard of from one of my instructors. A buddy of his had his home broken into while he was asleep, he heard a noise and grab a katana he had over the bed. As he  investigated he saw the basement door open from around the corner and the intruder carrying some of his stuff.With one stroke he severed both of the guys hands at the wrist sending him crashing down the step. After the police and medic were called he said the worst part was that they had to take the sword as evidence. I never heard if he got it back.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36247 on: August 11, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »

Or just the hilt, there are many attacks that a trained swordsman could use that don't involve the blade. Some of these hits or in the right hands all could be used to kill an intruder.

on a similar note, this reminds me of an incident I heard of from one of my instructors. A buddy of his had his home broken into while he was asleep, he heard a noise and grab a katana he had over the bed. As he  investigated he saw the basement door open from around the corner and the intruder carrying some of his stuff.With one stroke he severed both of the guys hands at the wrist sending him crashing down the step. After the police and medic were called he said the worst part was that they had to take the sword as evidence. I never heard if he got it back.

Damn, that's brutal, but serves that intruder right. Penalty fits the crime in my mind.  My brother worked for a company called Cold Steel, not sure how big the company is nationally, internationally, but they had some sick weaponry. Swords, short blades, discreet gear. I had a sword customized to my liking, reach but never got it. My bro got fired after his convention stand was robbed. Someone had to take the blame. I used to have dreams about that sword

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36248 on: August 11, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »

Wow.  I assume this guy wasn't charged with anything as it was self-defense, right?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36249 on: August 11, 2016, 05:43:46 PM »

Oh my glutness! I just saw a commercial for Wendy's Baconator burger! That's a heart attack I'm dying to tackle again. Last time I had it, I had the meat sweats immediately after.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #36250 on: August 11, 2016, 07:06:43 PM »

Oh my glutness! I just saw a commercial for Wendy's Baconator burger! That's a heart attack I'm dying to tackle again. Last time I had it, I had the meat sweats immediately after.
Order the chilli with it. Pour the chilli on top of the Baconator. Dial 9-1, enjoy. Smiley Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #36251 on: August 11, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »

Damn, that's brutal, but serves that intruder right. Penalty fits the crime in my mind.  My brother worked for a company called Cold Steel, not sure how big the company is nationally, internationally, but they had some sick weaponry. Swords, short blades, discreet gear. I had a sword customized to my liking, reach but never got it. My bro got fired after his convention stand was robbed. Someone had to take the blame. I used to have dreams about that sword

that sucks! but I know that Co, they have those extreme test videos of their stuff. Got a synthetic bokken from them.

Wow.  I assume this guy wasn't charged with anything as it was self-defense, right?

Yeah I think he said the guy lives in a stand your ground/ castle law state at the time? My instructor would have said if he was arrested for it.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1566

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #36252 on: August 12, 2016, 12:37:26 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I hope Majobu5 is ok, either he is feeling off colour or he has finally achieved his goal and become a Grey Jedi - look at his avatar! (I'm sure it was blue)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #36253 on: August 12, 2016, 01:06:20 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I hope Majobu5 is ok, either he is feeling off colour or he has finally achieved his goal and become a Grey Jedi - look at his avatar! (I'm sure it was blue)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

No my bro in law had some unkind words about the color of my previous avatar; that it looked a little too pinkish. All which started a small texting meme battle, but nonetheless, got me self conscious. Thanks SOB! If his sister wasn't my wife, I'd let the air out of his tire. So I listened to my body, which is old and going grey in the hair and changed it. But thanks for noticing! +1

Order the chilli with it. Pour the chilli on top of the Baconator. Dial 9-1, enjoy. Smiley Wink

Oh hell! You got that right! Call an ambulance before I take a bite. Gives them time to break out the defibrillator

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1566

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #36254 on: August 12, 2016, 01:17:08 AM »

Hello Majobu5,

I was on the wrong end of a Meme attack elsewhere on the Net and know it can be brutal! As compensation I award you the first ever "Grey Point" (don't worry they don't exist, this is just so I don't affect your point score!)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 2415 2416 [2417] 2418 2419 ... 3563   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: