Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movie Chat Thread  (Read 59073 times)
LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »

You won't be disapointed I think

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »

Two thoughts have just occurred to me while thinking about the latest Wonder Woman trailer:

1- Is she going to fly in the movie?

2- The line "She must never know the truth about what she is". Are they going to honour her being a creation of the Gods or are they going to change her origin and make her be descended from an alien race? (I have heard rumours that the ancient Kryptonian ships could be the source of the Amazon race and the Atlanteans).

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »

Question: At what age did your parents first allow you to go to the cinema without them (and what did you see?)

For me, I was 14 and myself a big group of friends went to see The Addams Family

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2017, 10:42:14 PM »

Question: At what age did your parents first allow you to go to the cinema without them (and what did you see?)

For me, I was 14 and myself a big group of friends went to see The Addams Family

I was 15, it was the summer of 1992, and I went to see Patriot Games. Loved the books, wasn't too thrilled with the movie.

In retrospect, the theater employees were pretty lax for letting an unaccompanied 15 year old in to see an R-rated movie.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »

I was 15, it was the summer of 1992, and I went to see Patriot Games. Loved the books, wasn't too thrilled with the movie.

In retrospect, the theater employees were pretty lax for letting an unaccompanied 15 year old in to see an R-rated movie.
I suppose we're lucky in the UK, as we have 15 and 18 rating which covers what you guys class as R Rating. Gives a lot more leeway for viewing options.

I remember going to see Wayne's World with some mates and half of them getting thrown out for singing and head-banging a little bit too much. Well, that and throwing popcorn around too! LOL

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2017, 11:38:47 PM »

Oh gosh, I can't remember. I went pretty often with friends around 13, so sometime then.

The biggest major movie milestones I remember are BRAVEHEART being my first R movie (I think I was 12? And my dad still skipped the sex scene, which to this day I have not seen), PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN being the only movie I've walked out on (I was young and got scared), and EVIL DEAD (the remake) being the first one I saw alone.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -779

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2017, 12:15:41 AM »

The first film I saw with someone other than my Parents was the Scorpion King (actually me and my wife's first official date).  I was 18.  It wasn't so much that my parents wouldn't have allowed me to see films bymyself  before that, they were just my only means of transportation :p

Oh gosh, I can't remember. I went pretty often with friends around 13, so sometime then.

The biggest major movie milestones I remember are BRAVEHEART being my first R movie (I think I was 12? And my dad still skipped the sex scene, which to this day I have not seen), PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN being the only movie I've walked out on (I was young and got scared), and EVIL DEAD (the remake) being the first one I saw alone.

Pardon my curiosity, but if you were 12 when Braveheart was released, would that not make you at least 20 when Pirates of the Caribbean came out.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2017, 02:46:16 AM »

The first film I saw with someone other than my Parents was the Scorpion King (actually me and my wife's first official date).  I was 18.  It wasn't so much that my parents wouldn't have allowed me to see films bymyself  before that, they were just my only means of transportation :p

Pardon my curiosity, but if you were 12 when Braveheart was released, would that not make you at least 20 when Pirates of the Caribbean came out.

I saw it much, much later than its theatrical release. I'm talking about a home viewing.

I'm also notoriously bad at estimating my age/when things happened, because everything before high school is a blur. Cheesy

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -779

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2017, 03:09:48 AM »

I saw it much, much later than its theatrical release. I'm talking about a home viewing.

I'm also notoriously bad at estimating my age/when things happened, because everything before high school is a blur. Cheesy

Ah, since we were talking about theatrical viewings I misunderstood.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2017, 03:14:42 AM »

Ah, since we were talking about theatrical viewings I misunderstood.   

No worries! I should've been more clear. In context of the conversation I can see how it would be easy to misunderstand me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »

I just realised how few movies I actually saw at the cinema before I was 18. I would say a good 95% or more were on tv or home video rental. Funny that.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2069

Lord of the Force

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »

Two thoughts have just occurred to me while thinking about the latest Wonder Woman trailer:

1- Is she going to fly in the movie?

2- The line "She must never know the truth about what she is". Are they going to honour her being a creation of the Gods or are they going to change her origin and make her be descended from an alien race? (I have heard rumours that the ancient Kryptonian ships could be the source of the Amazon race and the Atlanteans).

1. I hope so.

2. More of that she is the daughter of Ares rather than Zeus.

I honestly don't remember, though I could probably figure it out.

I think it was How To Train Your Dragon 2. Not positive about that though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »

I honestly don't remember, though I could probably figure it out.

I think it was How To Train Your Dragon 2. Not positive about that though.
No offence, but how can you not remember? It's not as though you are old and crusty and your memory is going!  Cheesy

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »

No offence, but how can you not remember? It's not as though you are old and crusty and your memory is going!  Cheesy

Because movies aren't a main priority?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

I think the first time I went to the theatre alone was to see Star Trek Beyond when I was 14. I'm pretty sure I've been to another film alone, but I can't remember.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: