Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movie Chat Thread  (Read 58815 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »

Logan threw me off. 1st Marvel movie without a post credit scene.

You don't add a post-credits with that kind of ending.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »

Logan threw me off. 1st Marvel movie without a post credit scene.

Well, since it's not an MCU film shouldn't really expect it to.  Fox only started doing it after the MCU films did

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »

Actually...always was one in the x-men films. They all had one. Like a Marvel fingerprint.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2017, 06:30:54 PM »

Actually...always was one in the x-men films. They all had one. Like a Marvel fingerprint.
I thought the first X-film with a post credit scene was X-Men 3. And then they didn't even acknowledge it ever again.

I do think it's funny how since the MCU we almost expect so.many movies to have a post-credit scene. Marvel were not the first film to do post-cresdit scenes. However, considering how many people make contributions to films getting made these days, it's nice that more people are staying through the credits

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2017, 06:34:43 PM »

as Knox said, X3 was the first to have a post credit scene.

I thought the first X-film with a post credit scene was X-Men 3. And then they didn't even acknowledge it ever again.

I do think it's funny how since the MCU we almost expect so.many movies to have a post-credit scene. Marvel were not the first film to do post-cresdit scenes. However, considering how many people make contributions to films getting made these days, it's nice that more people are staying through the credits

It still baffles me how after almost a decade, people STILL get up and leave the credits of a MCU film.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

as Knox said, X3 was the first to have a post credit scene.

It still baffles me how after almost a decade, people STILL get up and leave the credits of a MCU film.

Yes met a few that never realised there was a post credit scene. Still think Deadpool had the best one.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »

Also, Fox have confirmed that the X-films do not take place in the same universe hence all the continuity errors. Taking that into account post-credit scenes aren't strictly needed.

Muggles

Yes met a few that never realised there was a post credit scene. Still think Deadpool had the best one.
Any homage to Ferris Bueller is a good thing

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2067

Lord of the Force

« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »

I usually watch the credits on any movie for a while. Mostly because I have a great respect for the amount of time that gets put into a movie. Partly because I want to listen to the awesome music that is at the end of all movies. And partly because I wan't to see the after scene if there is one.

IKR. It makes no sense to me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

First look at Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins (looking a little Agent Cartery, which isn't a bad thing)

Julie Andrews on the left, Ms Blunt on the right.

I was actually a bit skeptical about this sequel when it was first announced, but all that changed once I heard they had cast Emily Blunt as the bestest nanny in the world. Could there be any more perfect casting? And the fact they have good ol' Dick Van Dyke back too, as well as Julie Andrews in a small role, is awesome too.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »

First look at Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins (looking a little Agent Cartery, which isn't a bad thing)

Julie Andrews on the left, Ms Blunt on the right.

I was actually a bit skeptical about this sequel when it was first announced, but all that changed once I heard they had cast Emily Blunt as the bestest nanny in the world. Could there be any more perfect casting? And the fact they have good ol' Dick Van Dyke back too, as well as Julie Andrews in a small role, is awesome too.

I'm wary about this one..mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Emily Blunt.  But as usual, we'll see.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »

I'm wary about this one..mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Emily Blunt.  But as usual, we'll see.
You don't like Emily? How come?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »

You don't like Emily? How come?

Just find her a rather unimpressive actress, not bad by any means, just not to the level everyone else seems to put her at.  Certainly no Julie Andrews.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2017, 10:11:20 PM »

Just find her a rather unimpressive actress, not bad by any means, just not to the level everyone else seems to put her at.  Certainly no Julie Andrews.
Fair enough. I disagree, but I respect your opinion.
I loved her in The Adjustment Bureau. Great little movie

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:24 AM »

June 1982 was the greatest month for sci-fi movie releases in the history of cinema. Ever. In this one month alone the following movies were released:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
ET: The Extra-Terrstrial
Blade Runner
The Thing

(and also Poltergeist, which is horror, but one of the best horror movies ever made)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2017, 02:05:02 AM »

Unpopular Opinion:

Sucker Punch is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: