Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movie Chat Thread  (Read 58839 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »

Logan threw me off. 1st Marvel movie without a post credit scene.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2067

Lord of the Force

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:36 AM »

But like with the hulk, I think Universal owns the distribution rights, which means we will never have a standalone Namor film, but he can appear in other people's movies.
I think the FF could work in the MCU. However, I want them to get the rights back mainly for their villains - Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Doom, The Skrulls, The Super Skrulls.....

I really want to see Namor. I also wish Quicksilver wouldn't have died in A:AOU.

Don't forget Mole Man.  Cheesy

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »

I really want to see Namor. I also wish Quicksilver wouldn't have died in A:AOU.

Don't forget Mole Man.  Cheesy
There aree rumours that Namor may appear in a future MCU movie very soon. I think they are looking at casting an oriental actor in the role, which I think would be very cool.

And, yes Quicksilver died, but they could bring him back (Dr Strange opens a portal to an alternate Earth during Infinity war and recruits an alternate Quicksilver to join in the battle against Thanos. Just an example of how they could bring him back. But they won't as one of the criticisms levelled at the MCU is that no-one dies. Or stays dead).

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2017, 08:44:57 AM »

There aree rumours that Namor may appear in a future MCU movie very soon. I think they are looking at casting an oriental actor in the role, which I think would be very cool.

And, yes Quicksilver died, but they could bring him back (Dr Strange opens a portal to an alternate Earth during Infinity war and recruits an alternate Quicksilver to join in the battle against Thanos. Just an example of how they could bring him back. But they won't as one of the criticisms levelled at the MCU is that no-one dies. Or stays dead).

Well he's the one character besides Cap that they should never have killed. (Yes, I know Cap isn't dead yet.)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »

Well he's the one character besides Cap that they should never have killed. (Yes, I know Cap isn't dead yet.)
Why is he the "one" character that shouldn't have been killed?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »

Why is he the "one" character that shouldn't have been killed?

Because he was awesome. And one of the only Marvel speedsters.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »

Because he was awesome. And one of the only Marvel speedsters.
Oh! So it's from a personal preference rather than an essential plot standpoint.

I think the real reason they killed him, apart from it being unexpected, was just to prevent continued comparisons with Fox's Quicksilver. I know that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are jointly owned by Fox and the MCU (in movie terms) but I think there is a reason Scarlet Witch hasn't appeared in the X-movies yet. Same reason MCU Quicksilver was killed. They want the characters used to be unique to their respective movies.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »

Oh! So it's from a personal preference rather than an essential plot standpoint.

I think the real reason they killed him, apart from it being unexpected, was just to prevent continued comparisons with Fox's Quicksilver. I know that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are jointly owned by Fox and the MCU (in movie terms) but I think there is a reason Scarlet Witch hasn't appeared in the X-movies yet. Same reason MCU Quicksilver was killed. They want the characters used to be unique to their respective movies.

Since SW and QS are both Avengers, MCU has some rights to them. But at the same time Fox has some rights because they are also X-Men. I haven't watched the X-Men movies yet, but from the trailers, I am thinking that I'll still like MCU QS better.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »

Since SW and QS are both Avengers, MCU has some rights to them. But at the same time Fox has some rights because they are also X-Men. I haven't watched the X-Men movies yet, but from the trailers, I am thinking that I'll still like MCU QS better.
As I said, both Fox and the MCU share movie rights to use the characters, because while they are heavily tied to the X-Men, as you said, they have also been Avengers in the comics. However, the MCU cannot use the word "mutant" or refer to Magneto being their father.

My point is, though, while both the MCU and Fox CAN use both characters, in terms of clarity for non-comic book reading cinema goers and in an effort to be original and distinct, that is why Quicksilver died in AOU and why Fox have yet to use or even mention Scarlet Witch.

I totally understand your love for AOU Quicksilver, but trust me, Fox's version is much better. They are both good in their respective films, but there is one scene in particular in X-Men: Days of Future Past that elevates Fox's version far above the MCU version (and any other speedster depicted in tv or film thus far). No spoilers, but you'll know the scene I mean once you see the movie.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »

I grew up watching Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee.

So I'd love this to be good. 

But . . . again . . . this is from the guy that WROTE the stories & screenplays for Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen & Amazing Spider-Man 2 . . . so . . . ugh.

NOTE:  Oh wait.  He's only Directing and had nothing (directly) to do with the story & script.  That was Jon Spaights & Christopher McQuarrie.

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »

I grew up watching Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee.
The legends of the genre. And those movies are still as great and atmospheric today as ever.

Judging from the trailer The Mummy with Mr Cruise, it looks like they are relying on CGI effects and action to tell the story again. I just hope they have a good story.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

The legends of the genre. And those movies are still as great and atmospheric today as ever.

Judging from the trailer The Mummy with Mr Cruise, it looks like they are relying on CGI effects and action to tell the story again. I just hope they have a good story.

Thankfully Tom Cruise insisted they do some things for real . . . this was a cool story:

http://collider.com/the-mummy-tom-cruise-vfx/

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »

Thankfully Tom Cruise insisted they do some things for real . . . this was a cool story:

http://collider.com/the-mummy-tom-cruise-vfx/

Yeah, I heard about that. I'm still not sold on the movie yet. Maybe I will be once I see another trailer/some more footage

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2017, 03:21:35 PM »

Personally, I think Van Helsing has a fantastic premise, a great cast, and incredible music. Every monster shown was awesome (Frankenstein's monster was a particularly good take) except for one.

Dracula himself. Mein Gott what a scheisse-show of a performance. He seemed less menacing evil and more drama queen with sharp teeth.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -778

« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »

Personally, I think Van Helsing has a fantastic premise, a great cast, and incredible music. Every monster shown was awesome (Frankenstein's monster was a particularly good take) except for one.

Dracula himself. Mein Gott what a scheisse-show of a performance. He seemed less menacing evil and more drama queen with sharp teeth.

You know it was originally supposed to be a Sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula with Anthony Hopkins reprising his role as Van Helsing...but we see what happened.

As I said, both Fox and the MCU share movie rights to use the characters, because while they are heavily tied to the X-Men, as you said, they have also been Avengers in the comics. However, the MCU cannot use the word "mutant" or refer to Magneto being their father.

My point is, though, while both the MCU and Fox CAN use both characters, in terms of clarity for non-comic book reading cinema goers and in an effort to be original and distinct, that is why Quicksilver died in AOU and why Fox have yet to use or even mention Scarlet Witch.

I totally understand your love for AOU Quicksilver, but trust me, Fox's version is much better. They are both good in their respective films, but there is one scene in particular in X-Men: Days of Future Past that elevates Fox's version far above the MCU version (and any other speedster depicted in tv or film thus far). No spoilers, but you'll know the scene I mean once you see the movie.

Marvel is really sticking to Fox from the comics in choking the Mutants in the comic universe..I mean heck QS and Scarlet Witch aren't even mutants any,more

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: