Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom MHS Violent Vader Saber! (Picture Heavy)  (Read 9717 times)
CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« on: June 16, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »

Hi all! Today I am finally presenting to you my “finished” (I’d like to say finished, but I know myself very well and I probably never end modifying XD) MHS build: The Violent Vader!

As you can see, I this hilt is heavily inspired by Darth Vader’s lightsaber, specifically from ROTJ, where the silver part between the activation box and the emitter was notably longer and there was little to no gap between the activation box and the T-grips. I used the emitter of the reaper, the body of a war glaive, a replica of the MPP/Heiland clamp and custom rubber T-grips. The only thing I’d like to fix right now is how the switch button looks. It would look much better under the clamp itself, but I’d have to remove the AV switch, since the gap inside the clamp is too small for it, and I just hate dealing with switches; it’s the only part of saber electronics that I stay away from if I can.

Now, I had a few ideas for the story behind this saber. My main one involved the Acolytes of the Beyond, the dark side organisation that appeared in the canon novel “Aftermath” looking for Darth Vader’s lightsaber, and finally purchased it from a junk dealer who claimed its authenticity. In reality though, the junk dealer didn’t even confirm that it was in fact Vader’s lightsaber, leaving an open end to whether it was in fact Vader’s, a manufactured counterfeit or just someone else’s lightsaber.
I believe that if it was a counterfeit lightsaber, there would be no way for it to be identical to the real deal. Maybe they vaguely knew the outline and did their best to recreate it with a violent sith lord in mind, which is what I did with this saber. With the D-ring and prophecy V3 brass knob screws, it does resemble Vader’s emitter. The same goes for the open end pommel with the black cap, the clamp and T-grips, and the windows of the reaper just give it a wild sith look.

The other scenario that I considered was that if they did in fact purchase Vader’s saber, there is no way it was in full working condition. True, we got to see the recovered graflex in TFA, but Bespin wasn’t blown up like the Death Star XD. So recovering Vader’s saber with no damage would be virtually impossible. If this saber was then passed down to Kylo Ren symbolically to replace his cross guard lightsaber (which I believe was destroyed beyond repair in TFA by Rey), he’d have to make a few adjustments to it to get it to work, and by the way make it more menacing. And to make it more menacing, windows, the reaper claw and the spike pommel go great!

I also really like the idea of it using a D-ring like with Vader’s original saber, and it’s really easy to wear with a belt clip:

So, I hope you liked this saber build, I certainly did enjoy building it, and it is my favourite hilt right now (it might also be worth mentioning that it has the emerald driver and obsidian V4 sound, so I’m probably a bit biased XD), and it is also stupidly comfortable to wield!

Happy duelling!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:07:26 PM »

Dude!!  What a cool concept and back story (stories) for a build!  Amazing job, this is a really smart mod Smiley.  It totally makes sense, and when you look at the saber it's perfect for that scenario/ idea.  Looks awesome.  Point awarded.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »

Wonderful job on this, it looks great.  The activation button is definitely odd looking, the way it's just there in front of the clamp.  But, it's not bad.  I actually like it better without the claw, but I may be biased because you have the D-Ring on there instead, and that's how Vader's lightsaber should be.  The D-ring should be by the emitter so that it can be hung emitter up.  Wink  So, great stuff.  Great collection too.  Cheesy

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »

Dude!!  What a cool concept and back story (stories) for a build!  Amazing job, this is a really smart mod Smiley.  It totally makes sense, and when you look at the saber it's perfect for that scenario/ idea.  Looks awesome.  Point awarded.

Thank you, Revan! I really appreciate that you like it! I came up with those stories cos I'd really like to know what happened to the saber in the end, and I'll love to see Vader's Lightsaber on screen once again, although it is very unlikely 😅

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »

Wonderful job on this, it looks great.  The activation button is definitely odd looking, the way it's just there in front of the clamp.  But, it's not bad.  I actually like it better without the claw, but I may be biased because you have the D-Ring on there instead, and that's how Vader's lightsaber should be.  The D-ring should be by the emitter so that it can be hung emitter up.  Wink  So, great stuff.  Great collection too.  Cheesy

I'm really glad you like it! Don't worry, you're not biased, you just like authenticity like myself xD I also really like the D ring since the moment I learnt about it when I got my first cheap Hasbro Vader lightsaber toy xD I also have a spare D ring, so if I ever get a Chosen One, I'll make sure to install it Tongue I do have the option of the pommel and claw because it was my one big investment, and I wanted it to be a saber that could be switched around. I even though about making it convertible to a graflex.
I know, the switch button does look quite awkward, but housing it within the clamp causes the clamp to bend and make unnerving creaking noises =S If I ever figure it out, I'll take off the button, house it in the clamp and drill a hidden switch button through the bubble strip of the clamp.
And thanks! The next addition to the family should be the archon 3.1!

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »

And thanks! The next addition to the family should be the archon 3.1!

Excellent choice.  I want one of those too, though I'll have to save up for it because I want sound and FoC on it and it will be the centerpiece of my collection.  Smiley

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 06:09:48 PM »

Excellent choice.  I want one of those too, though I'll have to save up for it because I want sound and FoC on it and it will be the centerpiece of my collection.  Smiley

Sweet, I also want it with FoC and obs v4, single colour though, no emerald (though emerald would be nive to configure different shades of green :p). Also a heads up, make sure to get and extra v2.1 emitter for dueling and for a brighter blade; apparently the loss in brightness is starting to be a bit of an issue with the 3.1 emitter

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »

BADASS!  Grin

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »

BADASS!  Grin

Yay! That's the reaction I was looking for :p I'm glad you liked it!

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 06:58:08 PM »

BADASS!  Grin
You favorite word!!! I like everything but the pointy pommel. It looks painful.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »

omg, how beautiful! Cheesy

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »

You favorite word!!! I like everything but the pointy pommel. It looks painful.

Haha it IS painful, it's essentially a spike. It's not sharp/pointy enough where you can cut yourself by touching it, but it can certainly stab stuff with enough force, ergo violent XD

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »

omg, how beautiful! Cheesy

Glad you liked it! =) BTW, I see you have a dark amethyst saber! Is it not a bit too blue? I'm considering getting one at some point! (and a Bane's Heart too XD)

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »

Haha it IS painful, it's essentially a spike. It's not sharp/pointy enough where you can cut yourself by touching it, but it can certainly stab stuff with enough force, ergo violent XD
Ah so that's why it's named violent vader.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 10:04:57 PM »

WOW LOOK AT THING!

Savage and bloody origins... The necessity for a lightsaber with a close combat spike and claw... What a time that must have been for both light and dark.
Thank you for putting those together. plusages to you sir.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: