Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Starkiller/Ashoka Reverse Grip  (Read 7922 times)
GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 10:24:16 PM »

Hello,

I am new on this forum and maybe this answer comes a little late.

I use reverse grip when i fight with two weapons. In my main hand (right), i take the weapon with normal grip and in the other hand, i take the weapon with reverse grip. This reverse grip enables me to keep a "défence en toit" (that can be translated by "roof defense" ) that protect most of my body ... The fact is that i do not attack a lot with my left hand ...

That's pretty standard. Using it as an offhand defense weapon then that's great.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 11:27:46 PM »

Hello,

I am new on this forum and maybe this answer comes a little late.

I use reverse grip when i fight with two weapons. In my main hand (right), i take the weapon with normal grip and in the other hand, i take the weapon with reverse grip. This reverse grip enables me to keep a "défence en toit" (that can be translated by "roof defense" ) that protect most of my body ... The fact is that i do not attack a lot with my left hand ...

That is how I tend to fight with a sword in each hand, except that I also tend to switch which hand is normal, and which hand is reversed.  And I do attack with the reverse grip blade  Wink

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »

That is how I tend to fight with a sword in each hand, except that I also tend to switch which hand is normal, and which hand is reversed.  And I do attack with the reverse grip blade  Wink

I am too slow with my left hand to make efficient attacks  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

Maestro Is on the right path. At some point in martial arts it was explained to me that it was created cause not every battle happens outside or in a wide open space. In a tight hallway say if a ninja and a samurai crossed paths lol then swinging a sword normally is almost impossible an your left with thrusts or vertical swings upwards an downwards. If you used reverse grip like a tonfa/sai forearm defense tactic you can close the distance and kill your target while completely moving past his danger zone. This defensive style is also very effective with two swords one in standard grip, an one reverse the revers acts as a buckler would an defends your body while your sword keeps them at bay. Also in a scenario where you would want to dispatch multiple targets quickly you can dash an slash way more effectively then with a standard grip. (although that is not a very wise tactic but could surprise an overwhelm a series of foes, the thought being you would be thrown off if the guy before you got beheaded.)  In our day an age a lot of things go out the window but you got to think that back in the day swordsmanship was much more commonplace an most engagements were fought to the death an the goal isn't to kill your opponent but do so while sustaining the smallest amount of damage to yourself possible, preferably none. That being said standard grip is much better at achieving your goal but in a hallway, small house, or tunnel I might consider flipping my sword over unless your really good at fencing cause once your oppent realized you were only gonna throw upwards an downwards strikes an thrusts all directly in your center then with reverse grip they would have no problem dispatching you if well trained. You/your being Anyone.
Just my perspective based on what I was taught/told doesn't make it right.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 07:40:23 AM »

Maestro Is on the right path. At some point in martial arts it was explained to me that it was created cause not every battle happens outside or in a wide open space. In a tight hallway say if a ninja and a samurai crossed paths lol then swinging a sword normally is almost impossible an your left with thrusts or vertical swings upwards an downwards. If you used reverse grip like a tonfa/sai forearm defense tactic you can close the distance and kill your target while completely moving past his danger zone. This defensive style is also very effective with two swords one in standard grip, an one reverse the revers acts as a buckler would an defends your body while your sword keeps them at bay. Also in a scenario where you would want to dispatch multiple targets quickly you can dash an slash way more effectively then with a standard grip. (although that is not a very wise tactic but could surprise an overwhelm a series of foes, the thought being you would be thrown off if the guy before you got beheaded.)  In our day an age a lot of things go out the window but you got to think that back in the day swordsmanship was much more commonplace an most engagements were fought to the death an the goal isn't to kill your opponent but do so while sustaining the smallest amount of damage to yourself possible, preferably none. That being said standard grip is much better at achieving your goal but in a hallway, small house, or tunnel I might consider flipping my sword over unless your really good at fencing cause once your oppent realized you were only gonna throw upwards an downwards strikes an thrusts all directly in your center then with reverse grip they would have no problem dispatching you if well trained. You/your being Anyone.
Just my perspective based on what I was taught/told doesn't make it right.

You can also use shorter weapon when you do not have space enough for swinging a long blade Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »

Defiantly not inaccurate as long as you carry two weapons.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 05:54:22 PM »

Defiantly not inaccurate as long as you carry two weapons.

Or if this shorter weapon is with easy access Wink

However, even a dagger or a knife can be taken using reverse grip ....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: