Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Aluminum Black Detailing!  (Read 23413 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »

Greeting everybody Smiley  Started doing some detailing on a liberator i grabbed, to pair it with a dark liberator.  Plan is to accent its grooves black- the exact inverse of the dark lib with its black anodized body and machined silver grooves.  The Aluminum Black is working great, though its an incredibly time consuming process to cover this much area- its really intended for touch ups and small areas.  Here's some pics of the process and my progress so far.  I'll keep you posted as I finish it.  If anybody wants instructions just holla at me Smiley May The Force be with You

First Pass

Fifth Pass

Clear Coat

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »

Wow - that's really nice!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics when completed.  I might have to experiment with that sometime.

Point for you . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »

Thanks Lord Canterbury Smiley  Had time after work this morn to progress onto another groove- needs bit more work though.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »

It's looking good so far.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 06:33:56 PM »

That's gonna be suh-weet when you are done! Point!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:23:20 PM »

Greeting everybody Smiley  Started doing some detailing on a liberator i grabbed, to pair it with a dark liberator.  Plan is to accent its grooves black- the exact inverse of the dark lib with its black anodized body and machined silver grooves.  The Aluminum Black is working great, though its an incredibly time consuming process to cover this much area- its really intended for touch ups and small areas.  Here's some pics of the process and my progress so far.  I'll keep you posted as I finish it.  If anybody wants instructions just holla at me Smiley May The Force be with You

Nicely Done!  Will really be interested in seeing your final touch-ups and finished work.  The Aluminum Black is a wonderful product.  I've used it in several rifle builds for minor touch up.  Great job! Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »

Another groove bites the dust lol!  Cant over emphasize how time consuming, and sometimes difficult, it is to do this much coverage using an aluminum blackening agent... but totally worth it!  Painting would certainly be less work and easier to make crisp lines etc.- but in my opinion this is so much cooler because it actually penetrates and turns the aluminums surface black- it has a much cooler look to it.  But man, who would have thought that using acid to burn nice clean black details into a lightsaber hilt would be so hard, and take so long, lmao?!

Keep you posted, may The Force be with you Smiley

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

That's coming out quite nicely!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 01:37:56 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Drahcir- point for you, sir Smiley

Joshie-Wahh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 02:17:14 AM »

Dude that looks so amazing, great job, the force is definitely strong with you!!

Joshie-Wahh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 02:17:52 AM »

Dude that looks so amazing, great job, the force is definitely strong with you!!

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:40 AM »

Indeed Excellent work RevanReborn....... +1  Smiley

Looks great with the black av also...... very clever  Wink

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2035

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 05:56:08 AM »

Very nice. I might do this to mine but I'm not a very good painter of any kind. If I ever do I'll probably use gold of some kind to match the covertech wheel color ill be getting next weekend on my old Liberator ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 07:19:52 AM »

Thanks to magik0012, Groovidad, JediXIX, Zren Tobas, and Joshie-Wahh for the feedback/ input and encouragement Smiley very much appreciated!  Zren, I'd love to see that gold if u decide to go ahead with one day- would look amazing.  And Drahcir I checked out your weathering gallery- it's masterful! Once I get a collection amassed I will definitely have to choose a saber or two to employ your services Smiley

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »

Thanks!
If you're ever ready for me to do my thing to a hilt just let me know, they're fun to do.
   Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: