Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bandai Thread- Gundam, SW Kits and more! (share pics and discussion)  (Read 4122 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: April 22, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »

Has anyone else started collecting the fairly new Star Wars model kits? They are press out and snap together kits made by Bandai, the same company who make Gundam.

The hubby got into Gunpla in June last year and since then our collection has grown! I've joined in of course, and I have a few HG gundam from Double O Gundam (as I like the series) as well as a couple of those adorable SD/ BB mini kits! Hubby has the Force knows how many HG, MG and a RG and PG. I will have to get pictures of them at some stage but they are currently very disorganised.

I had however been waiting to get my hands on a couple of the Star Wars kits from the moment I heard about them, and finally got the chance to get them from a local store at comiccon- I've had the opportunity to get them prior but they didn't have the X wing yet and that's what I wanted. Well I couldn't just stop at an X wing and bought four of them! Let me just say I like my gunpla, but this is far more my style! Cheesy

my collection thus far in order of building:

TIE fighter: nice quick to build little model which I thought was pretty detailed until I started on the others! It pales next to them. Sorry but theres only one pic of it atm, if people want more ill get em.

AT-ST: this thing is crazy detailed! A fiddly build as a result but I love it!

the itty bitty little left turret- 7 pieces to make this!

More detail!

X- Wing: an awesome build as well and this one I put all the stickers on as well Smiley

The best bit? ITTY BITTY LITTLE ASTROMECHS! SQUEE!

All of these I have built this week Cheesy I am kinda hooked now! I have a stormie to build next Cheesy Then, I am going to buy all the other sets, and then I want to buy repeats so that I can learn to model paint them because they are awesome!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »

Those are epic! Especially the Astromechs Wink

Great, now you have made me want one.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 01:09:59 PM »

The details in those kits is great.  You definitely have to give painting a shot.  Those things are just begging for a paint job. 

I have a couple of old model kits, an X-wing and TIE Interceptor, that I have had for years and just haven't gotten around to doing.  This thread just reminded me that I have them.  Maybe I should give it a go sometime. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:44:11 PM »

I realised I forgot to upload the pics of my stormie! Here he is. I loved the choice of weapons Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »

They don't have a wishbone set?  I am disappoint.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:24:05 PM »

They don't have a wishbone set?  I am disappoint.

sadly I dont think they do yet. Most of their sets are imperial Sad sads

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »

sadly I dont think they do yet. Most of their sets are imperial Sad sads

Clearly a propaganda campaign masterminded by Isard and Imperial Intelligence.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »

Clearly a propaganda campaign masterminded by Isard and Imperial Intelligence.

Indeed! Since the other Rebel sets atm are C3P0 and R2D2 and an R5 friend of his. I am missing Darth Vader and a TIE advance as well from the models the local shop had.

Just had a sticky beak, and it looks like there is a larger more detailed xwing with (gasp!) light up thrusters. And more gasp, a star destroyer! Must. Have! And SD versions of Vader and a stormie, cute! I would personally love to see a millenium falcon and a AT-AT made as well as some of the Rebel fighters.

I may have to track down some more of these kits....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »

I bought stuffs....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »

So this is the pile i developed after buying some more at the recent con:

My TIE advanced. Very simple set complete with a tiny vader inside!

My R2 and R5. These guys are just cute, with amazing detail and choice of tools. So adorable! I havent put the stickers on yet though. My only complaint is that the little blue panels on top of r2s dome dont click in very well and will need glue, possibly they dont click in properly so that you can interchange the parts.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

That's a nice little haul there, and the details on the droids does look great.

I have been picking up a few of the old MPC model kits from years gone by.  Haven't gotten started on them yet but I now have the Falcon, shuttle Tydirium, A-Wing, B-Wing and X-Wing.  Just need to get hold of a Y-Wing. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 01:16:44 AM »

These are some nice little kits. Bandai does such great kits. Hoping to get the y-wing or speeder bike this xmas. Probably get the snow speeder when I get a chance, depending on if I get the others.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »

These are some nice little kits. Bandai does such great kits. Hoping to get the y-wing or speeder bike this xmas. Probably get the snow speeder when I get a chance, depending on if I get the others.

I've got all the released ones to date that we've got access to EXCEPT the larger electronic Xwing. My guy for them is on the lookout for two for us since hubby wants one too- he got three in his last order and they were already reserved. Haven't got all of them built yet, and my Millennium Falcon is still floating somewhere around Australia in the wrong state with the postie. Gonna have to get some updated photos up.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: