Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chosen One emitter question  (Read 6318 times)
gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: April 04, 2015, 07:46:11 AM »

Just wondering, has anyone here customized their Chosen One emitter from black to chrome? If that could be done, I'd buy it without hesitation. I'd like to get a AOTC look to this saber with an Arctic Blue blade. I did email UltraSabers to find out if a chrome emitter would be an option, and was told that it is not an available option, and probably won't be.

crankfive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

[Light side points appreciated]

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »

If by an "AOTC" look you mean you want the saber to look more like Anakin's (later Luke's) blue lightsaber rather than Darth Vader's red one (which the Chosen One model is meant to look like), they do sell a saber with that design. Check out the "Graflex." It comes in an SE (standard), and CE (nickel-plated) version, and I believe the price is similar if not identical to the Chosen One.

Even in the movies those sabers were meant to look similar, which makes sense since they were designed by the same character. The main difference between the two being that Vader's (the Chosen One), has a black emitter and black ring around the activation box, while Anakin's/Luke's (the Graflex), is almost all silver.

Fun fact: The name "Graflex" is actually the name of an old camera manufacturer, and refers to the fact that the original lightsaber props for A New Hope were constructed using the flash gun from one of their old camera models.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Setup:
Archon v2.1 w/ Sound, Consular Green, Silver FoC, Silver Illuminated AV switch, Li-Ion Setup w/ BuckPuck, No Recharge Port

MikaelPfeffer
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 12

Balance in all things, including points!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:50 PM »

If you have access to a lathe, anodizing is a treatment that hardens the outside layer of metal, and can be removed by turning on a lathe...... This would have the affect of thinning the metal considerably and I would not recommend it.... However, you could turn it down to remove the black, then rebuild using lab metal (a compound that goes by many names which is a metal paste which hardens and can be machined) if you truly want the silvered emitter....

Personally, I love my Chosen One CE as is... Not plans to modify it at this time (though may try various hilts on it as time goes on....)

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 03:50:59 AM »

"If by an "AOTC" look you mean you want the saber to look more like Anakin's (later Luke's) blue lightsaber rather than Darth Vader's red one (which the Chosen One model is meant to look like), they do sell a saber with that design. Check out the "Graflex." It comes in an SE (standard), and CE (nickel-plated) version, and I believe the price is similar if not identical to the Chosen One.

Even in the movies those sabers were meant to look similar, which makes sense since they were designed by the same character. The main difference between the two being that Vader's (the Chosen One), has a black emitter and black ring around the activation box, while Anakin's/Luke's (the Graflex), is almost all silver.

Fun fact: The name "Graflex" is actually the name of an old camera manufacturer, and refers to the fact that the original lightsaber props for A New Hope were constructed using the flash gun from one of their old camera models."

Yeah, they look similar, but are also distinctly different from each other.

This is the AOTC look I'm after:

And this is the saber that Anakin/Luke use :

I do have the Graflex from US. Arctic Blue, silver flash on clash...love it. I did have a line on a AOTC Anakin saber, but unfortunately that will not work out.

"If you have access to a lathe, anodizing is a treatment that hardens the outside layer of metal, and can be removed by turning on a lathe...... This would have the affect of thinning the metal considerably and I would not recommend it.... However, you could turn it down to remove the black, then rebuild using lab metal (a compound that goes by many names which is a metal paste which hardens and can be machined) if you truly want the silvered emitter....

Personally, I love my Chosen One CE as is... Not plans to modify it at this time (though may try various hilts on it as time goes on....)"

I do not have access to a lathe. Even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do. I'm not what you call "mechanically inclined".  Cheesy

Thanks for taking the time to reply, crankfive and MikaelPfeffer. It's appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:54:28 AM by gbr1976 » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 04:47:49 AM »

I am also wondering too if you could just rub or sand off the black anodize on the emitter for I am too after a look on the saber oft the AOTC as well =] But then some modding would have to be done. The 2 red and green lights on the side

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »

for I am too after a look on the saber oft the AOTC as well =]

I knew I wasn't the only one!  Cheesy

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 12:03:14 AM »

If its just anodized should be easily removed by something. Not sure what though. Anyone else care to chime in? Tongue I know we'd have to take the blade out, batteries out, cover the emitter hole, and switch out course though before anything

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

If the emitter could be removed, this technique could work.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Removing-Anodizing-From-Aluminum-Quickly-and-Easil/

borgishmorg
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Conjurer of Dark Magik

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 12:06:56 AM »

Anakin's saber in AOTC is very close to the Prophecy saber. Basically just need to add a clamp and some black grooves.

Aeon LE V3 in CG
Standard Issue V3 in BR
Shock with v3 Sound in GB
Dark Menace with v4 Sound in PO
Consular with v4 Sound in Tri-CG

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 01:55:57 AM »

Anakin's saber in AOTC is very close to the Prophecy saber. Basically just need to add a clamp and some black grooves.

True. It's close. And I've considered doing that very thing. Well, adding some black grips and maybe the clamp (black paint might be better for my level of technical know how). but the Chosen One is even closer. Just needs the silver emitter.  Smiley

rexkramer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »

The Propehcy is Ultrasabers' Anakin AOTC saber.

The Chosen One is their Vader saber.

You're better off going with the Prophecy saber and customizing that.

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 05:09:12 AM »

The Propehcy is Ultrasabers' Anakin AOTC saber.

The Chosen One is their Vader saber.

You're better off going with the Prophecy saber and customizing that.

That seems to be the vibe I'm getting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: