Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Menace Staff with Obsidian V4 [pics]  (Read 7213 times)
Darth Zephyrus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -55

Before me, you are nothing. -Darth Revan

« on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:48 AM »

Hey Saberforum!

To accompany my overview of the V4 board, I thought I'd show you my newest saber. Forgive my picture quality, as my camera is a bit wonked. I present: The Menace Staff!

This beauty is absolutely massive. I am a fairly tall individual, and I would not recommend you use this with 32" blades, unless of course you have the space to do so. The detailing on this saber is magnificent. I've added some O-rings to make it more closely resemble Darth Maul's signature hilt.

Half of this saber is equipped with the Obsidian V4 board, which as I mentioned in my review is absolutely awesome. Switching sound fonts is a breeze, which is great since I like to use a different set of sounds when I use this with a single blade. The balance is near perfect, and I can easily use one hand to spin it. I would recommend Initiate blades for this one.

I inserted the blades without screwing them in for this example, hence the crroked blade. I will say, however, that the emitters have 3 screws each, which makes it incredibly secure. And, as is Ultra Sabers standard, the blades are bright, and this thing is deafening. With both sabers on, this thing roars.

Also, as an odd touch, the sabers battery life seems significantly longer than my previous sabers. This may have to do with my lack of illuminated AV switches.

Conclusion: This is the ultimate Sith Staff. I pick it up every day. Loud, elegant, and a perfect display piece for any saber enthusiast.

If you guys want to see any other shots, Let me know! Thanks for reading.

Who lives in falsehood slays his soul; whose speech is false, his honor.

-Malice: Blazing Red, Silver FoC
-Guardian: Emerald, Nickel plated, Silver AV
-Crimson Scorpion: Blazing Red, no FoC
-Graflex CE: Emerald, no AV light, Gold Accents
-Menace Staff: Blazing Red, Obsidian V4

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:15:54 AM »

Very nice saber. I like. Now you can get a battle ready Maul saber Tongue I seriously want one now. My uncle would be so jealous. Lol. He loves anything Dark Side

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Tktonny
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »

That is a very impressive staff. My wish list has just grown again.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »

Just stunning, Zeph!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »

Yes, very nice Darth Zephyrus, points for posting these pics......  Smiley

The o-rings look perfect..... Is that an adjustable coupler?, if not it lines up really well.....

I want one (two, lol) but in GB with blue screws......  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Darth Zephyrus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -55

Before me, you are nothing. -Darth Revan

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »

The coupler is indeed adjustable. Mine just happens to line up almost perfectly.

I should add that when I got the coupler, it was bundled with an large allen key that dented the coupler in a few places. Since I use this for spins often it doesn't bother me since I'd scratch it regardless, but it is worth noting for those who want an unblemished model.

Who lives in falsehood slays his soul; whose speech is false, his honor.

-Malice: Blazing Red, Silver FoC
-Guardian: Emerald, Nickel plated, Silver AV
-Crimson Scorpion: Blazing Red, no FoC
-Graflex CE: Emerald, no AV light, Gold Accents
-Menace Staff: Blazing Red, Obsidian V4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: