Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Menace CE Review - Obsidian Sound (pic heavy)  (Read 15727 times)
arklore70
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 05:57:48 AM »

Great review and OMG what a gorgeous saber.  It will be on my wishlist for sure. 

The pictures are amazing and if you d a video, I can't wait to see it.

Hats off to US for making this a real tin g of beauty.

If not me...who?
If not now...when?
Wish List: Graflex-Obsidian Sound,GB or EmeraldManticore-Emerald-Obsidian Sound, Emerald B+R
Chosen One SE-Obsidian Sound, BR
Dominix v4 LE-Obsidian Sound, BR
Initiate v4-Obsidian Sound, GB
Dark Initiate v4-Obsidian Sound, BR
Initiate LE v4-Obsidian Sound, CG

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 06:30:26 AM »

Hi Sedsti, thanks for your detailed review and excellent pics... A very well deserved point for you...  Smiley

The Menace CE is definitely on my wish list, and now I want one (um, I mean two) even more...

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I realized over half of my sabers have fixed emitters, but as promised here are some emitter swapping pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Archon Body w/ Menace CE Emitter (and Manticore Low Pommel) / Archon Emitter on Menace CE Body

Shock LE Body with Menace CE Emitter / Shock LE Emitter on Menace CE Body

Manticore CE Body with Menace CE Emitter / Manticore CE Emitter on Menace CE Body

Overlord Emitter on Menace CE Body

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »

WOW  Shocked Shocked  Feel like a kid in a candy store with my parent's credit card.  Curses on the Canadian dollar.  I'm really starting to understand that there are a few saber style must haves for fantastic swap outs.  Need a Manticore, Archon and Menace.  Again, loads of thanks and you can scrape and roll the saber across your table (video expert in the house Grin) anytime.  Another point your way.  Cool

By the way, do you have a favorite(s) combo ?  Cheesy

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 09:43:26 PM »

WOW  Shocked Shocked  Feel like a kid in a candy store with my parent's credit card.  Curses on the Canadian dollar.  I'm really starting to understand that there are a few saber style must haves for fantastic swap outs.  Need a Manticore, Archon and Menace.  Again, loads of thanks and you can scrape and roll the saber across your table (video expert in the house Grin) anytime.  Another point your way.  Cool

By the way, do you have a favorite(s) combo ?  Cheesy

I think all of the emitters look great on the Menace's body. My favorite swap would have to be the Manticore and the Menace though. I also think the Archon emitter especially works well on the Menace body. This exercise has proven to me that the Menace is a very versatile hilt from both perspectives.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 10:11:35 PM »

The Archon emitter does look surprisingly good on the Menace - I'm not a fan of the hilt, but it works well. I suspect, like Seven says, the Menace is going to look good with pretty much any accessories Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 12:10:35 AM »

Excellent review Sedstiskyfaller... 

...But looking at that CE version of yours is making my upcoming raffle purchase all the more difficult.  Given that I already have the prototype, the smart move is to order a single SE that would match up with it.  But damn, the idea of having a nickel plated Menace staff is seriously appealing...  Stupid bad sithy sabers always trying to tempt me to the dark side...  Gerrr...

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 03:12:35 AM »

The Menace and the Shock emitter match well.  I think the Menace SE with the standard Shock emitter would almost look canon in itself(in my world Wink), the rings in the hilt middle section mesh well with the rings in the Shock piece...so nice.

But really, which combination doesn't look good!  Great pics.  Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:13 AM »

Very nice! I love the emitter on the archon! Now... one last question, is the very end of the emitter removable from the black part or is it one piece?

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 05:26:08 AM »

The Overlord emitter looked really nice on it IMO.  Great review and AWESOME pics! Smiley

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 05:26:46 AM »

Wow. I absolutely love it! and NEED it.

I've owned & converted a Hasbro Maul once and it was one of my favorite sabers ever. Seeing the design perfected by US in this review with all of its awesome features makes me determined to make it my next saber!

Thanks for providing an awesome review Sedsti! Got a point coming your way my friend!

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 03:55:15 PM »

Thanks, everyone  Smiley  I'm glad the review is so well received.

Excellent review Sedstiskyfaller...  

...But looking at that CE version of yours is making my upcoming raffle purchase all the more difficult.  Given that I already have the prototype, the smart move is to order a single SE that would match up with it.  But damn, the idea of having a nickel plated Menace staff is seriously appealing...  Stupid bad sithy sabers always trying to tempt me to the dark side...  Gerrr...

I have always been a fan of the CE sabers and it goes especially well with this design. You have a hard choice for sure  Wink

The Menace and the Shock emitter match well.  I think the Menace SE with the standard Shock emitter would almost look canon in itself(in my world Wink), the rings in the hilt middle section mesh well with the rings in the Shock piece...so nice.

But really, which combination doesn't look good!  Great pics.  Point!

I agree, with the standard finish the shock emitter would go very well with this hilt.

Very nice! I love the emitter on the archon! Now... one last question, is the very end of the emitter removable from the black part or is it one piece?

Yes, the top part does unscrew from the black body piece and is also MHS compatible. I was going to post a pic with just that piece as the emitter, but seeing as it doesn't have a retention screw I didn't want to give the wrong impression of the part. It looks really nice though, but super short.

The Overlord emitter looked really nice on it IMO.  Great review and AWESOME pics! Smiley

Indeed it does, but the difference in finish stands out too much in my opinion in this setup. I wish I had a nickel-plated version of that emitter to match the hilt finish.  It would definitely look great with both pieces of the same finish.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:20:13 PM by sedstiskyfaller » Logged

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »

It's...  so...  beautiful!

I want one, or two.  Tongue

The emitter really looks good on the Archon.  Awesome pics too!

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Zephyrus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -55

Before me, you are nothing. -Darth Revan

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »

This saber is spectacular. Excellent review! Would you say that the nickel plated version stands true to the movie version? I want to have mine match as close as possible.

Who lives in falsehood slays his soul; whose speech is false, his honor.

-Malice: Blazing Red, Silver FoC
-Guardian: Emerald, Nickel plated, Silver AV
-Crimson Scorpion: Blazing Red, no FoC
-Graflex CE: Emerald, no AV light, Gold Accents
-Menace Staff: Blazing Red, Obsidian V4

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »

This saber is spectacular. Excellent review! Would you say that the nickel plated version stands true to the movie version? I want to have mine match as close as possible.

The standard finish is probably truer to the movie version of this saber, but the CE finish has that collector's model look to it. I think between those two finishes it should be personal preference. Obviously the other three finishes are not true to the movie version, but I also like how the black finish looks with the silver emitter underlay.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: