Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Standard Issue - Khrota  (Read 3474 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« on: October 22, 2014, 01:34:47 AM »

Hello again everyone. I would like to unveil my latest saber creation to you all. I always told myself that if I ended up with a Standard Issue saber, I would customize it inspired by Rahm Kota's saber from the Force Unleashed video games. It just so happens that this very thing occurred, as I received one as a prize in the last raffle (stunt with Li-ion setup). Without further ado, I give you...Khrota:

It is sporting a brown leather tennis racket grip (cut out to fit around the switch), cream fake leather sash, one of my switch covers in black, and a Prophecy CE pommel. I created the weathered look by lightly and continuously spraying it with black spray paint, waiting a few seconds, then wiping/buffing it until the desired effect was achieved.

The saber originally came with a VA LED, but I wired in quick disconnects to add a true to form CG LED.

It also includes a new blade plug design of mine (available in the shop tomorrow).

I'm very pleased with how it came out, and may do a video review of it like I did for my DSI. If so I will post it in this thread for future reference.

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed it!

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »

noice!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:33:56 AM »

Very nice work!  I'm a big fan of the Kota hilt, and I think you pulled it off nicely (I was waiting for somebody to try it with a Standard Issue one day)

Palan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no emotion; there is peace.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »

I like the weathering you did on the grooves and at the emitter. That is very cool!

"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

Bellicose, GB -FoC VA- ~Obsidian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:51:19 AM »

Point for doing a saber inspired by my favorite game. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »

Fantastic work! I thought an SI would make for a cool Khota 'sabre, and you knocked this one out of the park!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »

Thank you all!  Smiley  The grip on this saber has proven extremely comfortable and highly recommended if you are looking for a good saber grip.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

Nice work, Sedsti, I dig it!  I was considering the same brown grip for my SI actually but hadn't found anything in brown.  I wasn't looking hard enough, clearly.  Looks great.  I like that new blade plug as well, you have some killer designs for sale in your store.

If I can manage to stop sending all of my money to UltraSabers for a few weeks I definitely want to order 2-3 of your products, haha.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »

Nice work, Sedsti, I dig it!  I was considering the same brown grip for my SI actually but hadn't found anything in brown.  I wasn't looking hard enough, clearly.  Looks great.  I like that new blade plug as well, you have some killer designs for sale in your store.

If I can manage to stop sending all of my money to UltraSabers for a few weeks I definitely want to order 2-3 of your products, haha.

Thank you! It's a really great grip. The leather ones are, of course, more expensive than the regular racket grips, but I'm sure all would have a similar comfort. After this one I may add some grip to my next project saber.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: