Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The saber I Started  (Read 5930 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »

I'm used to wiring up little dinky low-volt LEDs. I don't know how to work with resistors and how to create colours or any of that.

I don't know about creating colors either.  I just bought a white LED and the resistor so the battery voltage doesn't blow out the LED.  I don't expect it will be more complicated than just soldering the wires.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »

I don't know about creating colors either.  I just bought a white LED and the resistor so the battery voltage doesn't blow out the LED.  I don't expect it will be more complicated than just soldering the wires.

What colour would a force-sensitive clone wield? Possibly a synthetic, white crystal? That would make for some lore... I know there are clones made with skill in the force, and thus that wield lightsabers, due to the Force seeing each one as an individual and not just copies. But what colour?

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 01:15:36 AM »

Well, I found the PVC I used to make the shroud. I can finally finish my grip and body. Then I'll clean the rust out of the galvanized tube and coat it in and out with primer. Hehehe. Can't wait to see this done.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

Anybody know where I can get a good, but inexpensive dremel tool?

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »

I got my Black & Decker RTX-B 3-speed off Amazon for around $30. 
It's a pretty good little tool but you don't get much in the way of accessories with it.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:32 PM »

Grip section cut out and ready for design work!

I finished up the emitter shroud with a bench grinder and did the cutout on the grip with a hacksaw, hacksaw blade, and a knife.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »

Looking good.  Cool

It looks like you could use the emitter as a weapon too, that thing looks sharp.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

Looking good.  Cool

It looks like you could use the emitter as a weapon too, that thing looks sharp.

Lol. The PVC is pretty flimsy for that. Plan on doing cutout grooves on the grip.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »

Anybody know how I can make an end cap for this thing?

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »

Anybody know how I can make an end cap for this thing?

A PVC end cap?
Just need to drill a screw hole or two to secure it.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

I don't want to use a pre-made PVC piece because it would break the style.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »

If you don't want to use a pre-made end cap, then it might get tricky. If you want a molded piece of PVC, then you need to heat up a sheet, place it with supports over a hole and then press the saber down into it to form an end-cap.  Other than that you could try using a slightly larger piece and create a way to thread/mount it on the base.  You "might" be able to find a small threaded portion for pipe that small, then you can use that as a cap, but I'm not sure how small they go for the threaded sections.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »

My point is... I don't want anything wider than than it is. Unless I can curve it outward, which I cannot, because I have no lathe. I would much prefer something that fits inside the tube.

Also, I'm thinking a colour scheme of white on the PVC and black on the base tube. Make it... force clone-y. I'm thinking of writing the persona of a Sith assassin around the saber. Thinking of getting DVA for it. Maybe Something else ambiguous.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:04 AM »

In that case, Heat up a flat sheet of PVC and press it into the hilt (use a lubricant to ensure they do not stick/melt together). Then you can turn it around the other way so the end is at the bottom of the hilt.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2035

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 06:51:20 AM »

Nice. For some reason I can still see this as a Sith saber. Maybe paint the shrouds flat black. That would match the silver body pretty good.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: