Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The saber I Started  (Read 5932 times)
LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« on: August 07, 2014, 02:00:21 AM »

A year or so ago, I was obsessed with lightsabers, and tried to make my own. I still have the attempt. This is as far as I got.

That is a custom shroud, cut out of PVC with a pair of wire nippers, and a length of galvanized steel pipe.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:03:47 AM »

Looks like a good start.  I really like the shape of the shroud.  Any plans to finish this?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:59:42 AM »

Looks like a good start.  I really like the shape of the shroud.  Any plans to finish this?

Well, it won't fit MHS parts, but I DO have the equipment to do it all... But I'm not sure. It would take a lot of money that I don't have to get it working.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2035

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »

I say keep at it dude, looking good so far. Don't be discouraged or anything. I feel the same way sometimes on custom builds if I can ever afford it again. Or it could be a good static belt prop saber? Use like a red thumb screw for the power switch, and other greeblies. Just a thought for you though but I hope you get the saber done. I'd go red with this one. Cheesy The top shroud looks like krayte bone or something. (Sorry if I spelled that wrong).

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »

I agree.  If you don't have the money to get it wired right now than it will at least make a nice belt prop with some finishing touches.  Maybe you can get electronics for it later on. 

I think another PVC shroud on the lower half for a grip or handle would be good.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »

I really like the shroud design, I say you should keep it up. I also agree with Zern on using thumb screws, It adds a nice touch Wink

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »

I agree.  If you don't have the money to get it wired right now than it will at least make a nice belt prop with some finishing touches.  Maybe you can get electronics for it later on. 

I think another PVC shroud on the lower half for a grip or handle would be good.

I had planed on this. Making another piece that had the same shape of a claw, then have it to where the tips touch the flats on the opposing piece two give a "cat's pupil" look. But, all the PVC I had to do it with disappeared in my last move.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »

And, it will fit all the electronics US offers, and either a 3-AAA setup or a Li-ion setup.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »

And, it will fit all the electronics US offers, and either a 3-AAA setup or a Li-ion setup.

No sound or emerald, of course. But I could take my Aeon apart and stuff it into this thing right now. I just don't wanna ruin my Aeon. XP

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 04:39:54 PM »

I had planed on this. Making another piece that had the same shape of a claw, then have it to where the tips touch the flats on the opposing piece two give a "cat's pupil" look. But, all the PVC I had to do it with disappeared in my last move.

That sounds pretty cool.  PVC is cheap, might be worth getting back to sometime.   

No sound or emerald, of course. But I could take my Aeon apart and stuff it into this thing right now. I just don't wanna ruin my Aeon. XP

I don't blame.  The Aeon is a nice saber, I wouldn't want to gut it either.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »

I don't blame.  The Aeon is a nice saber, I wouldn't want to gut it either.

It's the only saber I own. Were I going to electrify my home-made I would probably order a V2 Initiate and gut it. Cheaper than buying the electronics themselves, probably.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »

It's the only saber I own. Were I going to electrify my home-made I would probably order a V2 Initiate and gut it. Cheaper than buying the electronics themselves, probably.

That's true, unless you bought the parts to build your own LED module and a resistor instead of a buckpuck.  It can be done cheaper, but buying a US LED module saves you some extra work.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:44:55 PM by Molina00 » Logged

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »

That's true, unless you bought the parts to build your own LED module and a resistor instead of a buckpuck.  It can be done cheaper, but buying a US LED module saves you some extra work.

I've never done high-watt LED work.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by high-watt, but I bought an LED, lens, lens holder and copper cap for a heatsink and am going to try building my own module.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by high-watt, but I bought an LED, lens, lens holder and copper cap for a heatsink and am going to try building my own module.

I'm used to wiring up little dinky low-volt LEDs. I don't know how to work with resistors and how to create colours or any of that.

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: