Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow blade  (Read 5866 times)
Ghent
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: August 05, 2014, 05:05:52 PM »

Hello all,

I am looking to order a lightsaber.  I have to say that I am overwhelmed with all the choices and such.  I was hoping some folks here might be able to offer some guidance.  There's really only 2 things that are "musts:"

1) The blade color needs to be yellow.  I've seen a few pictures with Sentinel Yellow blades but I do not see how to order it
2) I'd really like sound (assuming I understand how the sound works)  Does the sound do everything automatically (power up, swishing, power down, etc) or does it require a lot of configuration when I receive it to make it work?

Also, what's the turn around time on ordering?  I'd like to order and receive as quickly as possible, so I'm wondering what the times are.  Money isn't a huge burden, so I'll consider all options and suggestions, but I'd like to not break the bank if I can help it Wink

PS.  My apologies to the forum members and admins if this is not the proper location to post this topic.  I wasn't sure where it should be,

Thanks all!  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:13:04 PM »

You can find info on how to order sentinel yellow here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

The soundboard comes with the default Obsidian sound font already loaded.  Just power the saber on you are good to go, although you should charge your batteries before using it much or it may die on you.  Be sure and include a charger when you select your battery setup. 

Turnaround time is pretty quick.  Orders usually ship in 24-48 hours and for me only take a couple of days to received because I am only a state away from Ultrasabers.  They are at a con right now though so they will have a lot of orders to catch up on when they get back into the office.

Please post if you have anymore questions.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »

Hi.  I found this You tube video very informative when ordering my first saber.  Sorry that I can't link it for you.  Is made by a member of this site.  How To Order Your First Ultrasaber by bluespike1974.  I am a big fan of the Adegan Silver non-color and using a filter such as Lee or the plastic color disks that can be ordered here.  Yellow is becoming quite popular but might not be in the shade that you expected.  Good luck and you will become less overwhelmed as you become more specific about what you want now.  It's almost impossible to stop at one saber.   Cheesy

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

Yes be sure to charge your batteries BEFORE you use them, also consider ordering a second pair of batteries so you have a back up set when your first pair needs charging so you can continue the fight Smiley. And remember  to include a mini USB cable(if you don't have one) to connect your obsidian board to your PC to customize/change sound fonts in the future.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

The cable for the wireless PS3 controllers also work. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Ghent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »

You can find info on how to order sentinel yellow here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

So, reading that thread, am I to understand that Sentinel Yellow is not an option you pick when you order and that you just order an RGB and have to find the right combination?  Or is it in a drop down somewhere?

When I choose the "Sabers with Sound" menu and then pick which hilt I want, Sentinel Yellow is not in the list.  Is it only for certain hilts?

Thanks again, all Smiley 

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »

What you need to do is pick one of the premium colours (those with extra cost, I usually use Acrtic Blue), then add in $5 worth of requisition charges. In the "Comments" section of the checkout form (just before you submit it) you specify that you would like the blade to be Sentinel Yellow. Voila, done.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:06:27 PM »

Sentinel Yellow is an experimental color because it involves color mixing then the premium colors.  As a result it is not always 100% consistent so is not offered as a standard color on the site. 

Btw, if you have any trouble finding the item for requisition charges, just search for "requisition" and it will come up.  I always have a hard time finding it without using the search box.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

So to add on to Dnarvel's post.  After ordering your saber and answering the blade LED color question by paying an extra $5 for example violet-amethyst, then open up another page for "parts and supplies" and add 5 $1 requisition charges to your cart for a total of $10 extra for the SY member's color.  Also very important to place on the order comments what the req. charges are for and the color you want.   Wink

Ghent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »

Thank you all for the wonderful guidance Smiley

I have now ordered my first blade with the 'Adegan Silver' color, and 5 Requisition Packs and a comment to change the blade color to 'Sentinel Yellow'

I am very, very excited Cheesy

Apparently someone did not like my forum post and gave me a negative force alignment point Sad

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:31:52 PM »

Some people like 'sith' points.. but it wasn't me that did it.. I'll give you a + point to get you back in balance with the force!  Wink

*edit*
Weird.. I gave you a point, and it showed you as back at 0, but then a few minutes later, you're back to -1..
*edit*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:44:04 PM by magik0012 » Logged

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »

Congrats!  I have a SY staff, and I love it.
Its extremely bright and striking, especially in darker light conditions.

And in single blade mode:

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:48 PM »

Thank you all for the wonderful guidance Smiley

I have now ordered my first blade with the 'Adegan Silver' color, and 5 Requisition Packs and a comment to change the blade color to 'Sentinel Yellow'

I am very, very excited Cheesy

Apparently someone did not like my forum post and gave me a negative force alignment point Sad

A dark side point is not a bad thing.  It just depends on your preference.  You may notice we have many Darth's around here and they like getting dark side points where guys like me want light side points.  It's just your personal preference.

What saber did you buy?

Ghent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »

I got a Chosen One CE with Sound with a SY UE Blade Smiley

Ghent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »

A dark side point is not a bad thing.  It just depends on your preference.  You may notice we have many Darth's around here and they like getting dark side points where guys like me want light side points.  It's just your personal preference.

I guess the dark side is trying to convert me.  It'll never happen Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: