Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Future! in 2015?  (Read 4775 times)
Ealotech
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 158

« on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:30 AM »

Hello, I have been thinking ahead of myself. US makes awesome sabers for many years, since the new Star wars Episode 7 coming soon in the galaxy far far away. What are the new Lightsabers going to look like? I hope US would be inspired to smith these new sabers into the US line and some new technology into them. That will be amazing I'm excited.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

Wishlist: Emerald Consular, Emerald Guardian, Emerald Chosen One

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »

Well maybe Luke might have a new saber (I'm not sure if his green on made it off the DS2 since he threw it aside) or if he'll be sporting his old green saber from RotJ. Leia might have a saber herself, and any kids from them might also be sporting some sweet sabers!

We won't know until next year's San Diego Comic Con what we'll be expecting from the new SW movie. If only I could afford to go to San Diego...

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:19:28 PM »

We won't know until next year's San Diego Comic Con what we'll be expecting from the new SW movie. If only I could afford to go to San Diego...

Pretty much anything that happens at SDCC appears online within hours of it happening, and you don't have to deal with the smell of unwashed masses wearing unwashed costumes made of materials that don't breathe for 4 days straight.  Yummy yummy con-funk!

(Yes, I'm using this to convince myself that I don't want to be their either)

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »

Check out the Disney channel. They have a new animated Star Wars show starting up soon. You may see some new designs there as well as some possible characters and story lines that may end up in the new movies. There have been some decent sabers to come from the cartoons. The gungi saber from the clone wars for example was neat and there are quite a few people that like the ventress design as well. I myself would love to see more from the games like rahm kota's and marris broods from tfu games and a few from tor.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

Frankly, I'm more interested to see if any US sabers show up in SW VII AS props...  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »

Luke was seen at the Ewok party in Ep. VI with the lightsaber on his belt, after the DS II was destroyed, some off camera shot he picked it up again I suppose, but I too asked myself that question. The new saber designs are probably going to look reminiscent of the Jedi Academy game if I had to guess, not that the saber designs would be taken from that game, but it would be a mix of original and prequel trilogy-like aesthetics. We will probably see a lot more Hero-type emitters and flanged emitters, being the two most known, and dare I saw ones with holes for light to get through. Im sure we will also see something completely off the wall that will make us all go what?! >.> like when Darth Maul first activated two blades on each end of his saber.

I just hope we dont see any hasbro inspired double bladed inquisitor-spinning sabers... I still am not sure I approve of that 100%

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »

Ealotech: First, I love the Guardian overhaul in your sig picture.  Very nice.  :-)

Goldleader: I agree with you in hoping that we don't get a bunch of sabers that are designed to be good kids toys after the movie comes out.  The art of building sabers would have been mostly lost during the Empire years, but Luke managed to build one on his own so the basic construction principles must be fairly standard tech in the SW universe.

I am hoping that we see more individualization, as we saw in the prequal, as the saber variations are one of the better things that came out of those movies.  On the other hand, I also expect that ALL of the Jedi 30 years after the New Republic is founded will be Skywalker trained, which means the saber designs will be influenced by his own saber design. 

I would personally like to see, in a movie, a Jedi wielding a double-bladed saber.  And be totally kick-butt with it.  But that's my personal preference/dream.  :-)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2036

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »

Well if you noticed Luke did have his saber again at the end of ROTJ hanging on his side smiling at Obi-wan and everyone that appeared. So maybe he went back real quick like to retrieve his saber. But it will be interesting to see new saber designs for next year. Designs more Star Wars I hope. No offence but the newer Omen just isn't for me and doesn't really match the Star Wars theme Ultra Sabers has always done. Some new tech would be cool though. Like maybe a blade extender thing, like when you power your saber on it looks like the blade sort of grows like in the movies, even for stunt sabers. Just an idea on that though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 02:24:46 AM »

Goldleader: I agree with you in hoping that we don't get a bunch of sabers that are designed to be good kids toys after the movie comes out.  The art of building sabers would have been mostly lost during the Empire years, but Luke managed to build one on his own so the basic construction principles must be fairly standard tech in the SW universe.

I am hoping that we see more individualization, as we saw in the prequal, as the saber variations are one of the better things that came out of those movies.  On the other hand, I also expect that ALL of the Jedi 30 years after the New Republic is founded will be Skywalker trained, which means the saber designs will be influenced by his own saber design. 

I would personally like to see, in a movie, a Jedi wielding a double-bladed saber.  And be totally kick-butt with it.  But that's my personal preference/dream.  :-)

I want to see two sabers as in a jar-kai duelest, we see some in ep II, but it is so fast in that battle it is hard to appreciate. I also would like for orange or yellow(both) to make cannon! These characters would probably be in short supply though, like Mace Windu and the purple bladed saber being his only.

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »

Im wondering if we are going to see the Solo children in Ep. VII.  Not sure on the timeline as to where Ep VII would fall in relation to the Vong invasion, I'm assuming well before that.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »

Ziran, if I remember correctly, the larger universe (novels, comics, cartoons, etc) that extend beyond EP VI are, from what I understand, not considered canon, so the Vong invasion may not happen at all.

That being said, the main characters are rumored to be Jacen and Jaina Solo.  We're +30 years, so these two would be in their early 20s, so we might also see (or glimpse) Anakin as a teen (in training with Uncle Luke?) and maybe Ben Skywalker and Mara Jade-Skywalker as well.

Assuming they all are canonized, anyway...  ;-) 

And don't expect any reliable rumors to leak.  JJ Abrams is fanatical about security.  We know some classic characters are returning because it was way to hard to hide the fact that they were all working on the film, and that's a huge bone to the fans, but the actual meat of the story?  Expect to see what Abrams WANTS you to see.

I mean, he managed to keep Star Trek Into Darkness secret enough that the Wrath of Khan parallel scenes (even that the main antagonist was in fact Khan) little more than wild rumors.  And not even the MAIN ones.

So this one is up for grabs.  I think we'll see the Solo kids and maybe Skywalker kid(s) but I'm not going beyond that.

As for the Vong...  Well, that would make an AMAZING series of films, wouldn't it?  ;-)

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 08:36:11 PM »

Expect to see what Abrams WANTS you to see.

I mean, he managed to keep Star Trek Into Darkness secret enough

You could say he kept Star Trek... Into Darkness
*puts on sunglasses  Cool
YEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

@Karmack,
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to actually see the Yuuzhan Vong invasion as a central story theme in any of the upcoming movies.  Honestly, while the books were pretty good I'm not sure that the Star Wars audience at large is really "up" to seeing the Vong war.  It was such a departure from "what we know."  The thing that personifies the Empire was the cold, industrial feeling to it; the fact that it was a ruthless, faceless war machine.  The Vong were a 180 departure from that, a race from deep space that ran entirely on organic materials that they engineered and grew.  Heck, the Vong even detested the people and species of the galaxy for their reliance on non-organic technology.  I'm afraid that old SW fans might react to the Vong as the new, "mean-spirited hippies" of the sci-fi world, when what they really want to see is some TIE fighters!  Also, I'm thinking that the Vong themselves may be a little more frightening in physical appearance than what filmmakers want to put on screen, what with their celebration of physical scarring, amputation and horrific body modification.  Might earn you an R rating and give the kiddies nightmares and that's a sure way to lose money.

I was thinking in terms of the timeline though, it appears that EP. VII would likely have to come before the Vong War, care to venture a guess as to why?

I'll give you a hint:  Peter Mayhew.

Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »

Oh, and regarding the Solo children:  As I am guessing that Ep. VII will have to take place prior to the Vong war timeline, it would put Jacen and Jaina in their late teens to early 20"s, I believe.  I don't recall how much older they were than Anakin Solo (the youngest), but I believe that Anakin was about 12-13 when the Vong war began, and around 16 when he was killed during that same campaign, if I remember correctly.

I would love to see a storyline from Legacy make it to the big screen as I loved Jacen Solo and watching his progression to becoming Darth Caedus.  I'm not thinking that's likely, at least for Ep. VII though, mostly because of...Peter Mayhew.   Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

OK, I'm not a massive fan, much more casual.  :-)  Peter Mayhew?Huh