Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Red Saber Frustration  (Read 7249 times)
OISIN NOM
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 112

LIGHT SIDE POINTS

« on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »

Ok so here is the deal. I currently own a Guardian Blue Initiate, and a Consular Green Liberator. I have the money for a new saber and I want it to be a Red Saber. I need suggestions on which hilt I should go with. I am not a fan of a saber that has a huge amount of flare on it. I want something that looks both like a Sith would use it as a saber. But also that it looks practical. Here is a list of sabers I would be willing to buy:

Standard Issue V3
Bellicose
Overlord
Shock
Archon (I would only get this in Consular Green)
Bane
Monarch
Manticore
The Guardian (I would only get this in Guardian Blue)
Graflex (I would only get this in Guardian Blue)

NOTE: I think the Mantis is cool looking, but it doesn't look very comfortable to swing around. I need to see a review on this saber first before I can know whether or not I would buy this one.)

Please tell me which one of these in the list you think would make a good Sith saber and why?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:04:37 PM by OISIN NOM » Logged

GAURDIAN BLUE INITIATE V3
CONSULAR GREEN LIBERATOR V3
BLAZING RED MANTICORE (MODIFIED EMITER TO OVERLORD)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »

Out of these sabers I would choose either the Bane or the Manticore for a Sith saber. Both are based on actual Sith sabers, from Darth Bane and Darth Maul respectively. I also like the the black and silver hilts with red blades.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »

I actually think a Standard Issue in BR would be interesting.  I don't think that is a very common combination and it might work pretty well.  You don't usually see all silver sabers in red.  Out of what you listed probably the Bane and Manticore are the most obvious choices. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

OISIN NOM
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 112

LIGHT SIDE POINTS

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »

Yeah I have given all three of those a lot of consideration.

GAURDIAN BLUE INITIATE V3
CONSULAR GREEN LIBERATOR V3
BLAZING RED MANTICORE (MODIFIED EMITER TO OVERLORD)

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »

Given your criteria, I would probably also choose the Manticore.  It has it all, so to speak.  Or simply put, it's an incredible looking saber in my opinion.  However, the Overload has a definite Sith feel to it without being overbearing.  Also, the Dark Shock would be a great choice if you prefer something that has a more classy feel to it.

Of course I don't own any of the sabers... yet.  Um...  But I will! Cheesy

Good luck with your quest...  Now,  where was I!  Oh-ya...  Um, no, that's not it.  Oh heck, I don't know...  I am so not good at being serious. Um...  Bye!

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »

I have a standard Issue in BR though it's the dark version with vertical grooves and gotta say I love it as a sith saber. it's not over the top but it has a really nice weight to where I feel quite comfortable using it for dueling

My Emerald Manticore looks good in red as well though that saber looks good in a lot of colors. For the manticore for whatever reason Purple seems to be a favorite for it which funnily enough was what I ordered it in was VA pulsing to DVA. both are great for wielding and make great sith sabers. I love both for different reasons as one is a sound saber and the other a stunt which alot of the time when I'm practicing is at night so my stunts see alot of use

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »

I'd suggest the Manticore or Standard Issue as well - very nice, very comfortable hilts, relatively simple in appearance (compared to something like the Mantis or Scorpion).

Of course, the Bellicose is awesome and I recommend it to everyone, but as a Sith 'sabre I'd say it's a little less obviously so than the above hilts Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »

I think the Bellicose would be a good one too.  I plan on getting a stunt one in red once I recover from the Mantis purchase.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »

The Graflex actually looks awesome in red, the least likely sith saber but it looks good in red:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »

I'd also vote for the Manticore. I currently have a BR unit installed, and it looks really Sithy Wink Definitely a saber I would recommend for a Sith - maybe together with the new Mantis emitter. I saw a pic of it, and this emitter is much more suitable for a Sith saber than its original one (which is also awesome, of course)!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 03:41:27 PM »

I say take into consideration just what you will use it for and then pick what you like and worry a little less about what other people think.  Remember, the examples from the movies and the extended SW universe provide many different examples of what the Sith or dark characters looked like and what their weapons look like.  Some are more obviously warriors and have menacing weapons like the Reaper, Malice, Dark War Glaive or the Scorpion made by US, but other dark side characters had a more aristocratic air to them and carried elegant sabers like the Monarch or Dark Shock.  Palpatine was acknowledged as one of the most evil and gifted force users in the SW universe, but he didn't carry a Malice to intimidate people.

Are you using your saber for cosplay, ie: you want for it to be seen and appreciated by others?  If so, might want to go for the "wow factor" of big sabers like the Malice, Raven or Dark war Glave.  If you plan to use it for basic practice and maybe a little dueling with your friends, maybe consider something a bit more neutral like the Manticore.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

I say go Ultra Sabers classic and get a Bane saber. Tongue Hardly see those anymore. Just wish the standard stunt version would come back in stock.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »

I would say the Manticore as well, but the overlord would also look good in BR I think. Just go with your gut you will be more than happy regardless I think.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

I'll try and get a pic of my Manticore in red for you either tonight or tomorrow to help, otherwise of course there's the always-helpful thread at: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15681.0 Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:09 PM »

My first choice would also be the Manticore, but I have to say the Bellicose looks pretty cool in red as well.  I actually have the RGB version of it. 

Here's a shot of it in red.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: