Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Mantis CE Video Review  (Read 8443 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« on: July 27, 2014, 01:36:38 AM »

Yes that's right, not just pics and some text, and actual video review.  I have actually never done anything like this, it is my Youtube debut, so please be kind.  I was really excited about getting this done because I think it is the first consumer video review of the Mantis posted so far.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKWHVOXRrb8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKWHVOXRrb8&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Is the video review rewards thing still going on by any chance?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:36:34 PM by Deep » Logged

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:22:15 AM »

Great review, Molina! I like how you went over all the details of the hilt while zooming in on each portion. Couldn't even tell that was your first review.

That thing is massive though. Being as long as the Scorpion even with the bend is saying something. EG suits it well, especially with it being the CE version I think. EG would probably look nice on the Dark version as well. Congrats on being one of the first to own one!

Also, there is a second video review program in effect here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18222.0

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:06 AM »

Nice review. Definitely pointworthy.

Light side points please

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »

Thanks guys.  I really wasn't sure how it would go over, I just hate listening to myself on camera Roll Eyes so I really appreciate the comments. 
I thought EG would suit it great, and I'm surprised how well the color came out in the video.  I also saw that thread on the review program, but it was from January so I wasn't sure it was still going on.
EG would definitely look good on the Dark Mantis too.  Something about green just looks great on dark hilts.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

JediSith
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 02:57:41 AM »

Molina did I give you the idea of the video. Just wondering. Nice light sabers but I'll stick with the traditional ones. Nice dude. Let me know

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 03:42:28 AM »

I was considering doing a review after I ordered it.  Seeing that nobody else had done a video review is what sealed the deal for me. 
Maybe I will get some good raffle mojo going by reviewing my raffle entry.  A guy can only hope.  Cool

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »

Something I forgot to mention is that I found the best choke point to be the bare part of the main hilt just below the switch.  On the emitter is a little awkward and the handle is thicker and you aren't going to have a balanced grip.  Also the balance point seems to be around where the emitter meets the neck piece.  Just for reference I got it with a 32" regular UE blade.

Edit: I meant to edit my previous post, not make a new one.  Sorry for the double post.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:54:59 AM »

Welcome to the review club, man!!!  Excellent job, you showed us some great shots and close ups of the CE, and put it right next to some of the other large US sabers so we could get a good idea of just how big the Mantis is.  I also like that you showed how to move the covertec wheel.  You also explained about having to assemble the claws on it and that it came with a hex wrench to do so, important things to know.  The review was also an excellent length, it was long enough to explain your points and thought thoroughly but not so long as to scare me away from watching it.  Wonderful job, Molina, the first of what I hope will be many great US saber reviews from you. +1

Cheesy

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 03:58:16 AM »

Welcome to the review club, man!!!  Excellent job, you showed us some great shots and close ups of the CE, and put it right next to some of the other large US sabers so we could get a good idea of just how big the Mantis is.  I also like that you showed how to move the covertec wheel.  You also explained about having to assemble the claws on it and that it came with a hex wrench to do so, important things to know.  The review was also an excellent length, it was long enough to explain your points and thought thoroughly but not so long as to scare me away from watching it.  Wonderful job, Molina, the first of what I hope will be many great US saber reviews from you. +1

Cheesy

Wow, thanks!  Coming from the king of saber reviews that means a lot.   Grin

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 04:04:03 AM »

Wow, thanks!  Coming from the king of saber reviews that means a lot.   Grin

Every word true, sir!  You did a great review filled with useful information to help others make an informed saber purchase. I really liked seeing the Mantis put right next to the Scorpion and other large US sabers, gave me a much better idea of just how massive the Mantis is.  I hope you will consider doing more reviews.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 04:11:14 AM »

Great review bro! I think your the first one to receive the mantice, hek it was only releced like four days ago! The ce in eg awsome that's what I would have gone with
Have another point!

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 04:16:40 AM »

Great review bro! I think your the first one to receive the mantice, hek it was only releced like four days ago! The ce in eg awsome that's what I would have gone with
Have another point!

Thank you sir!  Actually I'm pretty sure toxicninja78 got his Dark Mantis first, but I think I was the first to get a CE.   Cool

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 04:16:52 AM »

I'm curious, what do you think of EG compared to SRD and CG?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 04:18:44 AM »

I'm curious, what do you think of EG compared to SRD and CG?

When I turned it on I thought they sent me the wrong color and it was CG.  I compared to my CG Archon and it was a noticeably different shade of green.  I thought it would be closer to SRD but...
Hold and I'll get a pic of my CG, EG and SRD sabers.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »

When I turned it on I thought they sent me the wrong color and it was CG.  I compared to my CG Archon and it was a noticeably different shade of green.  I thought it would be closer to SRD but...
Hold and I'll get a pic of my CG, EG and SRD sabers.

I know all of the forum colors tend to differ from saber to saber (SY is really bad about it as you well know)  I figures some EG sabers have more blue mixed in than others.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: