Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My Favorite Costume in the SW Universe  (Read 12361 times)
Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 02:51:59 AM »

That's a funny coincidence. Your costume looks great! I know I had seen it before, but these pictures really showcase it. I like the accent of blue throughout; it compliments the other parts nicely. I'm worried about mine being too hot as well since I am using a jacket that is essentially made of sweatshirt material, and my whole body will be covered, in some areas by multiple layers. I'm trying to make up for it where I can, such as gloves that are somewhat breathable and pants that aren't very thick.

Thanks! It's coming along, but it will still be a while before it's finished.
Yea, I used to wear a black t-shirt underneath the two tunics and sleeveless robe/tabard, but that many layers on my torso alone had me overheating before leaving the room. Switch to a wifebeather to let it breath a little. Works better in heat diminishing if only by a little.

Also, thank you for the comment. The robe is actually reversible so if I wanted, I could flip it inside out to make it a dark blue, with a white accent. It was made by Eiyame honestly. I know she'll still make the robe itself, but I don't know how much. After the creation of it for me, she told me she was limiting how many copies she'll make of it to a total of 5 (the one for me being #1) before she gets rid of the blueprints for it.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12923.0 (Mind that the photos have been hidden due to people posting them without her permission).

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 03:08:31 AM »

Yea, I used to wear a black t-shirt underneath the two tunics and sleeveless robe/tabard, but that many layers on my torso alone had me overheating before leaving the room. Switch to a wifebeather to let it breath a little. Works better in heat diminishing if only by a little.

Also, thank you for the comment. The robe is actually reversible so if I wanted, I could flip it inside out to make it a dark blue, with a white accent. It was made by Eiyame honestly. I know she'll still make the robe itself, but I don't know how much. After the creation of it for me, she told me she was limiting how many copies she'll make of it to a total of 5 (the one for me being #1) before she gets rid of the blueprints for it.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12923.0 (Mind that the photos have been hidden due to people posting them without her permission).

I actually contacted her and am waiting to hear back. I may have someone else already lined up to make the robe/tabbard for mine, however. They have not been very good at keeping in contact with me though. Hopefully I hear back from one of them soon.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 04:56:07 AM »

I actually contacted her and am waiting to hear back. I may have someone else already lined up to make the robe/tabbard for mine, however. They have not been very good at keeping in contact with me though. Hopefully I hear back from one of them soon.
Well I know she's been active as of late. Couple days of go, she repopulated all photos of her works with her watermark. Easiest way contacting her would be through email.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2037

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:05 AM »

Hope you don't mind me sharing on Facebook. You have the coolest homemade outfit. I'm covered on the belt because it has a buckle attached so and I got my brown costume boots I could use. What kind of shirt do you suggest to use?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »

Hope you don't mind me sharing on Facebook. You have the coolest homemade outfit. I'm covered on the belt because it has a buckle attached so and I got my brown costume boots I could use. What kind of shirt do you suggest to use?

What costume are you going for? Are you talking about a shirt to wear under it or as the main piece? I wasn't sure if you were talking to me or Zephon lol.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 04:44:24 AM »

Well, the whole thing really but the jacket obvious. Tongue I just don't know what else you might be using. I've never really done anything you can just buy from the stores normal clothes wise.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »

Well, the whole thing really but the jacket obvious. Tongue I just don't know what else you might be using. I've never really done anything you can just buy from the stores normal clothes wise.

I'm gonna try to wear a light shirt underneath the jacket like Zephon suggested. The jacket I found at an online shop on amazon that has a bunch of jackets with hoods in different styles. It is all one piece even though it looks like I layered things. I originally bought it for something else, but thought it worked nicely for this costume as well. I'm am working on getting the main tabard/cloak piece made by someone, as well as the arm and leg guards by someone else. My belt buckle cover I designed will be in on Tuesday, so I will be able to post an update then. The hand-made items will take the longest to get though, obviously.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:34 AM »

UPDATE: All the belts are in, as well as the belt buckle I designed! Below is the updated look thus far. Now waiting on the last three items and it will be done! The buckle is lighter than I expected it to be so I'm painting it with the stainless steel paint I have to make it different than the jacket color. Let me know what y'all think!

Edit: Here is the newly painted buckle up close:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:02:17 AM by sedstiskyfaller » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

Looks nice dude. I like. Especially the used saber in hand. Tongue

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 10:30:17 PM »

So I have some updates from the costume designers I commissioned the final pieces from and things should be done within the next two weeks.

There is a question I would like to pose to those here on the forum about the color I should use for my saber. I will be using my Bellicose which has a blue illuminated AV switch.

So the question is:  GB or VA?
I am leaning toward VA because I like the contrast with the blue switch, but my friend thinks GB would be more realistic to the character. Thoughts?

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 08:53:21 PM »

I have conquered my first Comic Con. Tampa Bay Comic Con was a fun, crazy, and sometimes stressful experience, but so worth it. My Starkiller Jedi Robes came together nicely in the end, and several people recognized my cosplay and asked to take pictures with me. Here is a collage of the best pics from the event:

I had a blast and definitely recommend going to an event like this if you have had it in mind, but was unsure. I saw serval people with Ultrasabers there. It was cool to see the reach that this company has within this community.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »

The costume looks great Sedsti. It is nice to put a face with the name, too.

Glad you had a good time.

Point.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 12:52:58 AM »

The costume looks great Sedsti. It is nice to put a face with the name, too.

Glad you had a good time.

Point.

Thank you! It's my first costume and my favorite character so I was really excited to get a chance to do it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 06:12:41 AM »

Nice nice. Lets see just you in action in your costume. =]

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 10:12:44 AM »

That turned out great dude!  Love the Adventure Robes, and yours ended up looking incredibly accurate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: