Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My Favorite Costume in the SW Universe  (Read 12355 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »

So I'm working on my first costume and, therefore, want to do my take on my favorite costume...the Jedi Adventure Robes from SWTFU! I have always admired this costume and wanted to assemble one for a while now. It seems not as many people have taken this one on as I have thought, many favoring other Starkiller costumes instead. I've been busy contacting sources for various pieces of the costume and can't to have it all put together. So far I only have the main piece jacket with hood and the black gloves. I'm not working on an exact replica of it as I would like to make it my own some. I'm still working on getting the other pieces, but any input or thoughts on this are definitely welcome. I am very resourceful, but I know there are far more experienced people out there that may be of assistance!

Here is the outfit from the game for those of you who don't know:

And here is what I have so far:

Tal-Rin Onjo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

"Remember, the force will be with you. Always"

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »

Its a great costume you're going for! What pieces are you still looking for? And what are you planning for the overcoat? It looks a lot like a jin-baori... a samurai surcoat if you will.

Dominix V2 in SRD
Prophecy (Obsidian) in GB
Prophecy (stunt) in VA

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 11:36:16 PM »

I've contacted someone about making that part for me. It's close to that, except the sides are left open. I want to do the arm sleeves and leg sleeves (waiting to here back on those from other sources), I've ordered some boots so I'll see if I like those or not, And I've designed a belt buckle that I'm considering getting 3D printed. I still am unsure about what to use for the black belt wrap and I haven't decided on the other pieces.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:38:28 PM »

This looks great so far, I'll look forward to see how it turns out when its done. Any chance you could keep this going as like, a progress thread? Smiley

Nice choice on the costume though... I'm looking at making the Medical Robes Starkiller wears in 1, after he gets killed by Vader [spoilers?] the first time...

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:54:13 PM »

This looks great so far, I'll look forward to see how it turns out when its done. Any chance you could keep this going as like, a progress thread? Smiley

Nice choice on the costume though... I'm looking at making the Medical Robes Starkiller wears in 1, after he gets killed by Vader [spoilers?] the first time...

Awesome! I'll definitely update this thread as I progress. Here is the model of the belt buckle I designed. Let me know what y'all think:

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2036

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:57:40 AM »

Nice costume so far. I like the belt buckle. =] Where did you get the jacket at? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2036

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:45:12 AM »

And I'm also going to be working on a Starkiller inspired costume during the summer after Comic Con. Mine will be different though but same color scheme. I found a grey hoodie I can use at Hot Topic, then I was going to get a lighter grey shirt and pants to use, then I was going to get fabric so I can make wraps, the wraps will be going around the shirt area, around the boots, and maybe in the middle somewhere. I'll post pics when my Starkiller inspired costume is done. I'm wanting mine to be inspired sine I'm a big TFU fan. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

Sounds great! Which costume are you looking at?

The jacket is something I found online a while back. I'm not sure if I will order the belt buckle now because of the cost of materials to make it, but I haven't found one that looks like it yet so we'll see.i have a couple more things on order that will complete the base look and I'm still working with some people on the detail pieces.

Revan_Deschain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 08:54:19 PM »

User Zephon's post shows a costume that looks really similar. Maybe he could be of some assistance.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=16773.75

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »

Ok, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check it out.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 03:31:22 AM »

UPDATE:

The main belt arrived today (still deciding on the buckle though) and the waist belts are on order. Also on order are the boots and pants, so those should arrive within the next couple of weeks (hopefully). I have also commissioned someone to make the arm sleeves and maybe even the boot spats for the costume. Still waiting to hear back on the tabard/cloak piece to see if the person I contacted can make it. I'm getting so excited that this seems to finally be coming together!

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 03:43:31 AM »

UPDATE:

The pants, boots, and belt came in!

Here is the current state of the costume:

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »

User Zephon's post shows a costume that looks really similar. Maybe he could be of some assistance.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=16773.75
The Force told me I was mentioned. Hello.

Sedstiskyfaller, good choice in costume. Weirdly, I had my costume created either before or right around the time of TFU2, and I never played the game so I was not aware of the likeness until after it was finished.
Also, the photos from the link above aren't necessarily the best photos of my costume due to the heat and lack of awareness in the cloak opening up (it's very humid or muggy in Hawaii, during a block party with thousands of people in a "small" area). http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15435.0

One of the hardest things is to get it to sit right for long extended amounts of time. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19953.msg310367#msg310367

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Agury mcode
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »

That looks like a great start! This is probably the coolest costume I've come across so far with Luke's rotj being my favorite classic

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »

The Force told me I was mentioned. Hello.

Sedstiskyfaller, good choice in costume. Weirdly, I had my costume created either before or right around the time of TFU2, and I never played the game so I was not aware of the likeness until after it was finished.
Also, the photos from the link above aren't necessarily the best photos of my costume due to the heat and lack of awareness in the cloak opening up (it's very humid or muggy in Hawaii, during a block party with thousands of people in a "small" area). http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15435.0

One of the hardest things is to get it to sit right for long extended amounts of time. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19953.msg310367#msg310367

That's a funny coincidence. Your costume looks great! I know I had seen it before, but these pictures really showcase it. I like the accent of blue throughout; it compliments the other parts nicely. I'm worried about mine being too hot as well since I am using a jacket that is essentially made of sweatshirt material, and my whole body will be covered, in some areas by multiple layers. I'm trying to make up for it where I can, such as gloves that are somewhat breathable and pants that aren't very thick.

That looks like a great start! This is probably the coolest costume I've come across so far with Luke's rotj being my favorite classic

Thanks! It's coming along, but it will still be a while before it's finished.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: