Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: any gundam fans?  (Read 12127 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2779

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »

I'm talking more than just model kits. I'm talking everything.

I'm currently trying to work myself into a mood to start writing a new series that I amalgamated from different things. It will probably become a huge success that will draw Gundam fans of every type. Old school and new shchool suits as well as some original designs that I think will get the "ooh & ahh" juices flowing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »

I loved 00 the most. I had bought Seed only to be disappointed, then wasted my money on Seed Destiny only to be EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTED! I got up to ep #37 of Wing and got bored. I got a little more than half way through Zeta and got bored. I got 10 eps into A.G.E. and was bored. I fully watch Unicorn and loved that OVA! I read the manga for Gundam Crossbone, that was a good read. I never finished its sequel, but I'm gonna look it up sometime. I have yet to watch the F91 movie, but I might look it up online sometime.

Then I saw Build Fighters. Loved it! Build Fighters Try, awesome! I'm hoping to see a 3rd series where the new fighters battle the old fighters from the first series. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam is where I got most of my Gundam fill. The Unicorn in DWG3 is the most epic machine next to the 00 Raiser!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »

I loved 00 the most. I had bought Seed only to be disappointed, then wasted my money on Seed Destiny only to be EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTED! I got up to ep #37 of Wing and got bored. I got a little more than half way through Zeta and got bored. I got 10 eps into A.G.E. and was bored. I fully watch Unicorn and loved that OVA! I read the manga for Gundam Crossbone, that was a good read. I never finished its sequel, but I'm gonna look it up sometime. I have yet to watch the F91 movie, but I might look it up online sometime.

Then I saw Build Fighters. Loved it! Build Fighters Try, awesome! I'm hoping to see a 3rd series where the new fighters battle the old fighters from the first series. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam is where I got most of my Gundam fill. The Unicorn in DWG3 is the most epic machine next to the 00 Raiser!

Sounds like you need to rock an older school. I recommend 8th MS Team, 0080, and 0083. They're too short to get boring, but long enough to tell a good story. NTM, Zeta might be a little difficult to follow w/o knowing the events of the original MS Gundam and 0083.

I am to be pitied though. I haven't seen anything of the younger gen stuff. I caught a few eps of Seed, but just couldn't get into it. And then I just lost touch with it during my married years since the missus didn't approve of anime of any type.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 05:18:48 AM »

Sounds like you need to rock an older school. I recommend 8th MS Team, 0080, and 0083. They're too short to get boring, but long enough to tell a good story. NTM, Zeta might be a little difficult to follow w/o knowing the events of the original MS Gundam and 0083.

I am to be pitied though. I haven't seen anything of the younger gen stuff. I caught a few eps of Seed, but just couldn't get into it. And then I just lost touch with it during my married years since the missus didn't approve of anime of any type.

You should check out the series Gundam Build Fighters. It takes the whole Gunpla thing to new extremes and is an all around nostalgia bomb seeing so many MS's from different eras do battle against one another.  Also realistic version of "The Blue Giant!" Basically they found a way to make Gunpla move and simulate energy attacks and beam sabers so people can fine tune their own original machines based off any and all Mobile Suits, including Mobile Armors and SD models. It actually gets so popular that an entire World Tournament is created 7 years prior to the main story. The characters are all entertaining as hell and there are just endless references to the Gundam universe!

I've heard the 08th is good, gotta check that one out. I'll be honest, Dynasty Warrior: Gundam  1, 2, and 3 all have enough background info and reliving to vividly paint a picture of what happened in the original MS Gundam story so I got quite familiar with Amuro Ray and Char Aznable. Char is an awesome and complex character and I'm glad I got to experience his story through those games!

Stay away from Seed, stay far away from it. It sucks in almost every way. You wanna see the old story redone? Just stick with Amuro's story and forget Kira Yamato ever happened.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »

You should check out the series Gundam Build Fighters. It takes the whole Gunpla thing to new extremes and is an all around nostalgia bomb seeing so many MS's from different eras do battle against one another.  Also realistic version of "The Blue Giant!" Basically they found a way to make Gunpla move and simulate energy attacks and beam sabers so people can fine tune their own original machines based off any and all Mobile Suits, including Mobile Armors and SD models. It actually gets so popular that an entire World Tournament is created 7 years prior to the main story. The characters are all entertaining as hell and there are just endless references to the Gundam universe!

I've heard the 08th is good, gotta check that one out. I'll be honest, Dynasty Warrior: Gundam  1, 2, and 3 all have enough background info and reliving to vividly paint a picture of what happened in the original MS Gundam story so I got quite familiar with Amuro Ray and Char Aznable. Char is an awesome and complex character and I'm glad I got to experience his story through those games!

Stay away from Seed, stay far away from it. It sucks in almost every way. You wanna see the old story redone? Just stick with Amuro's story and forget Kira Yamato ever happened.

Please tell me Build Fighters is just a game. Because I have a similar idea for a series. I call it Battle Assault, like the PS1 fighting game, but it's based around the team combat sport utilized in Zoids, only it uses MS from all the series. This unfortunately means that in order to effectively pull it off, I will have to become familiar with everything, even the shotty remakes that are only powerful when they're in color. I even want to be able to intro some new original designs. Two that I am very anxious to unleash are the Gundam Banshee and Gundam Ranger. The Ranger especially, I feel it will have a good following of fans. But for the most part I'm interested in pulling off suit manuevers that were possible but never done in their original series. I'll give you a preview. I've always wanted to see the Heavy Arms perform a flying round-house kick while spreading mini-missiles. Tell me that would be epic to see.

The 08th was great anime. Excellent animation, epic mecha battles, epic mecha for that matter, great Romeo & Juliet theme. It's just awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth

Apex_Lynx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

Danger Zone!

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 02:38:48 PM »

I've always been a huge fan of the gundam universe. I just recently finished watching Unicorn Gundam, which I highly recommend. I liked the Sinanju so much I ordered the model right after seeing it. Of course my favorite suit will always be the Gerbera Tetra, Cima was hardcore taking on so much almost single handedly the way she did. Those proto type suits like the Hyaku Shiki, Talgeese, and G. Tetra always seem to be way cooler than some of the gundams even. Of course I still have to give a shout out to Wu Fei's Altron Gundam. I hope to one day make a dual beam trident like he had using two green claymore hilts with short blades, and a pike extension.

- Dark Sentinal V4 obsidian sound FO color
- coming soon....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »

I've always been a huge fan of the gundam universe. I just recently finished watching Unicorn Gundam, which I highly recommend. I liked the Sinanju so much I ordered the model right after seeing it. Of course my favorite suit will always be the Gerbera Tetra, Cima was hardcore taking on so much almost single handedly the way she did. Those proto type suits like the Hyaku Shiki, Talgeese, and G. Tetra always seem to be way cooler than some of the gundams even. Of course I still have to give a shout out to Wu Fei's Altron Gundam. I hope to one day make a dual beam trident like he had using two green claymore hilts with short blades, and a pike extension.

I can envision that. If you could find a way to heat and form a short blade (16" or 24") you could put them into the guard emitters. That would be epic.

You do know that the Gerbera was initially the GP04. Anaheim just switched out the head to appease the Zeonic tastes in MS design and sold it to Cima. And thanks to Darth Zephyrathes I found out that every GP suit was named after a flower. GP01 - Zephyranthes, GP02 - Physalis, GP03 - (Stamen) Dendrobium, GP04 - Gerbera. And then there was La Vie en Rose.

I second your love of the "proto" suits. I've always had a soft spot for the Tallgeese. But my all time favorite MS has to be the Epyon. It's just elegantly savage.

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:37 AM »

reviving an older topic here...

regarding model kits, hubby recently got a cabinet for his. These are the built ones.... also I dunno why my claptrap snuck in there Tongue hubby said it was cool so he wanted it in there *shrugs*

I'm currently building a MG Unicorn Banshee. Hubby has the matching Unicorn MG to build, and a PG Banshee Norn with LED kit under the xmas tree. We also have like a million other kits there waiting to be built, helped by the fact hubby has now won TWO raffles at the place we buy our Bandai kits so he keeps getting freebies Tongue

regarding the anime- just finished Unicorn. That was better than I expected. saw bits and pieces of it last time the hubby watched it and didn't get into it then. I know enough of the backstory watching bits and pieces of the first few Universal Century series when he's watched them that it makes sense to me. Also just rewatched 00- hands down my favourite. Just love it. we are planning to do cosplays from it now. Watched the movie as well and it was enjoyable though not as good as the series. Tried to watch Wing and gave up like 20 episodes in, older anime just really doesn't tend to do it for me.

We will probably be watching Unicorn a few times over since this is going to be our first major build cosplay Wink challenge accepted!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 05:57:00 AM »

Sweet!

I got into Gundam when I was a kid and G Gundam was on Toonami, I tried watching it again a few years back but it was boring.

A friend helped get me into Gundam Wing, Gundam Build Fighters and the original Gundam series  at the time I wanted to start collecting build kits starting with the Build Gundam M-II from Build Fighters but she pointed out how I hadn't watched a lot of Gundam so I started about the same time I got into the build kits.

I've recently gotten into Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans due to the title, the opening and the very interesting storyline.

Sadly I left my build kit collection with my friend's grandparents since we couldn't take everything we had, we basically loaded the important stuff into a car then slowly smushed non-important stuff in till the only room was the front seats.

EDIT: my favorite Gundam will always be the Tallgeese from Wing.

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 01:56:38 PM »

EDIT: my favorite Gundam will always be the Tallgeese from Wing.

Although the Tallgeese was the really just a proto Leo and not a Gundam, you still get point for the love. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 03:20:01 PM »

In the AC timeline Tallgeese is the FIRST mobile suit. It was designed for Romefeller by the "Mad 5", after they ran off to work on Wing Zero and Romefeller "dumbed" down the Tallgeese into the Leo.

If it's AC or UC I've got it down pat, CE is iffy and anything newer is either a little or nothing. I've not had time to watch most of the newer stuff. Stupid Master's project. Cry

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »

In the AC timeline Tallgeese is the FIRST mobile suit. It was designed for Romefeller by the "Mad 5", after they ran off to work on Wing Zero and Romefeller "dumbed" down the Tallgeese into the Leo.

If it's AC or UC I've got it down pat, CE is iffy and anything newer is either a little or nothing. I've not had time to watch most of the newer stuff. Stupid Master's project. Cry

I thought the "Mad 5" dumbed down the abilities for the mass production as the Leo.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »

I thought the "Mad 5" dumbed down the abilities for the mass production as the Leo.

Nope. Their replacements did. After they finished the Tallgeese prototype they ran off to make something better.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »

Nope. Their replacements did. After they finished the Tallgeese prototype they ran off to make something better.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »

And then never built it, but left the plans just lying around waiting for a very girly troubled youth to build and go on a rampage with.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: