Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Alumen - Custom Dark Standard Issue [picture heavy]  (Read 11086 times)
Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 04:45:42 AM »

No custom is never finished.
I'm working on one now and finding things I can do better on the next one.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »

Very nicely done!!!!

dark side points please

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 12:07:31 AM »

Cool mate what did you use for the blade plug and that's a point from me.

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 02:55:58 AM »

Thanks! I used a blade plug from US and took the metal disc out and hammered in a nickel finished piece of sliding door hardware that I drilled through, then glued a rotary shaver head on top followed by a couple of different gears I got from a set.
There are more pics of it here if you want a better look at it: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18569.msg303995#msg303995

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »

I decided to make a video to show off this bad boy better. The only update is that I added a D-ring to the pommel for clipping it to my belt. Here it is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoECDBC_HY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoECDBC_HY</a>

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »

Beautiful saber! I love the paint work, and the shroud plus the pommel balances the sabers look very well! Point

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »

Have another point. Great work.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:09 PM »

Very nice looking saber. With the amber color looks amazing.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »

Hey sedsti, thanks for posting this on the ideas thread, I just have a question about the switch . . . noticed its a latching illuminated av and wondered if you bent the pins or cut the pins when you installed it? OR is that the large bezel?

I've done a couple where I've soldered the wires to the base of the pins and cut them off, they only just fit, but its quite fussy soldering . . . how'd you go with yours? cheers Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 02:04:32 PM »

Hey sedsti, thanks for posting this on the ideas thread, I just have a question about the switch . . . noticed its a latching illuminated av and wondered if you bent the pins or cut the pins when you installed it? OR is that the large bezel?

I've done a couple where I've soldered the wires to the base of the pins and cut them off, they only just fit, but its quite fussy soldering . . . how'd you go with yours? cheers Smiley

Yeah I was actually gonna ask you the same thing about the switch- latching av's are like the best of both worlds when comes to switches... If they only fit in a saber lol!!  You can have the look of an illum. AV but the stability of a latching- very cool:).  But they're so deep Sad

Awesome job on this saber man!!  Very well executed and designed all around- especially like the blade plug and switch, and digg'n the pommel choice as well.  The shroud looks great as well- sweet design in itself and perfect for this saber. Everything looks so good together on this one- well done.  Point coming your way asap Smiley

Kezeroth
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side!

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »

Saw you review this Saber on youtube and it is very nice. I love alllll of it

Dark Standard Issue V3 x2

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

Thanks guys!  Cheesy

You both are correct on the switch...it just fits into the hilt with the bezel I used with it. The pins are slightly bent on the back, but still intact. This was a grab bag saber fitted with a normal latching switch, so I had to machine (hand grinding actually) the switch hole to fit the illuminated latching switch.

There is also a different inside diameter toward the rear of the hilt versus the front that made it a little more challenging to work inside it, but it all worked out quite nicely. This hilt was put together using modular electronics from the other guys, so I didn't have to solder anything myself, which was nice.

I have several more shrouds in the shop now than I did then, but this is the only slanted one. I'm always willing to work on custom commissions though if you have one in mind.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »

thats really cool Smiley  nice work, nice saber!  will be sending you point asap.

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 10:18:07 PM »

This is awesome! I love all the detail you added to the hilt! This is making me consider a DSI as a stunt saber.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 04:48:42 AM »

Very cool looking saber. Point to you.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: