Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon v2.1  (Read 4812 times)
Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

« on: March 04, 2014, 02:27:50 AM »

This is my first saber review. Video will be added another day.
It all began with an idea. See, my kids are old enough now to be brought into the world of Star Wars. We started with A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Then we switched it up a bit and hit Ep. I, then II and III. The. We finished everything with ROTJ. Sure, they got a lil bored with the slow parts, the love story aspect. But the battles, and anything to do with light sabers, they lit up, eyes glued to the screen, and then started in with the "let's play Star Wars! I'll be Princess Leia, you be Darth Vader!" (They're both girls btw, one is 5, the other 6). Then the idea hit: they're having a joint birthday party this year because their birthdays are only 3 weeks apart. STAR WARS BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!! We're going all out, costumes, decorations, food, Jedi Training Academy, missions, certificates officially recognizing them as Jedi Knights, and a final showdown with Darth Vader and his apprentice (who a good friend of mine is going to play). I decided I needed a light saber. And not one of those cheap toys you get at toys r us. A REAL light saber. A quick check through the google machine, and US hit me in the FACE! After much exploring, reviews, photos, videos, etc, I finally decided on the Archon. And I'm well on my way with my newest addiction!

Archon v2.1
Guardian Blue
Obsidian Sound
Silver AV button
UEHG blade

This saber is....WOW. So light weight. Incredible to look at. I can't stop looking at it. Every time I want to play with it, I just look at the thing! The craftsmanship is top notch. No loose parts, nothing looks shoddy. It took a bit to get the Li-ion battery pack and the soundboard out, but I figured a quick and harmless way to do it. I played around with the obsidian launcher for about 3 hours last night, reading up on the forum and then trying trying to get everything figured out. Finally did, and then when I finished everything, realized I had put the wrong sounds on it! I'm VERY impressed with the variety of sound fonts available. The only complaint I had was the neck/choke area was a little uncomfortable in my hand, but I've since worked that out too. The blade is light enough for a heavy grade, and lights up the entire floor of the house when the lights are out. Even in daylight it's super bright! I can't believe that these things have become so realistic, and US has done an incredible job bringing these sabers to us. Thank you Deep and Ultra for an awesome memory brought to life! Video review update will hopefully get done this weekend!

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/8a8da7e458e73980.png[/img]
One who has betrayed the dark and has seen the light, knows not of betrayal, but of integrity; and in the mind of the betrayed, is one to be feared.

Archon v2.1 GB-Aeon v3 VA-SI AB-Dark Initiate v3 LE BR-Initiate v3 LE VA

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 02:45:49 AM »

Very sweet! Great review, I just an Archon too! Mines in PO without sound.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:47:01 AM »

Awesome, I just got a reaper with sound and emerald drive so I know exactly how you feel.

Sabers I own: Crimson Reaper RGBW emerald drive,  RGB Overlord, Dominix V3

Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:05:46 AM »

Very sweet! Great review, I just an Archon too! Mines in PO without sound.

Thanks!

One who has betrayed the dark and has seen the light, knows not of betrayal, but of integrity; and in the mind of the betrayed, is one to be feared.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:40:31 AM »

It's fantastic! I have mine in CG and it someone f my favorite hilts I own. Isn't the neck perfect for gripping? Sorry I get jazzed about this saber every time Smiley

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 03:48:06 AM »

Beautiful lightsaber!  Welcome to the Archon family!  The Archon is my absolute favorite, I've had mine since only the beginning of Feb and it's shine and appeal hasn't come close to wearing off!  Congrats, the blue and silver switch are a nice choice!  My kids' b-days are five days apart (boy 6 and girl 4) and we did a star wars theme b-day party last year (with some princess jazz in there Wink) and it was awesome!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »

It's fantastic! I have mine in CG and it someone f my favorite hilts I own. Isn't the neck perfect for gripping? Sorry I get jazzed about this saber every time Smiley

The neck is pretty sweet. I hadn't realized it until after I got it, but the saber itself looked familiar. Then I realized it's almost the same as Luke's from ROTJ. If I had known sooner, I probably would have went with CG.....glad I didn't though because I'm LOVING the blue!

Beautiful lightsaber!  Welcome to the Archon family!  The Archon is my absolute favorite, I've had mine since only the beginning of Feb and it's shine and appeal hasn't come close to wearing off!  Congrats, the blue and silver
switch are a nice choice!  My kids' b-days are five days apart (boy 6 and girl 4) and we did a star wars theme b-day party last year (with some princess jazz in there Wink) and it was awesome!

Thanks for the welcome! I picked this one out of some other choices. I absolutely love the Consular, Guardian, and Bellicose (all of which are on my wishlist), but the Archon really stood out to me. It's a fairly simple design I think, and it's so pleasing to look at. I'm very pleased with this as my first saber.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 04:37:48 AM »

Thanks for the welcome! I picked this one out of some other choices. I absolutely love the Consular, Guardian, and Bellicose (all of which are on my wishlist), but the Archon really stood out to me. It's a fairly simple design I think, and it's so pleasing to look at. I'm very pleased with this as my first saber.

Plus the Archon is so easy to customize! It's such a great saber! I am so much happier with it than I expected to be.

Here's a thread I started for custom Archons, check it out!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18615.0

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:34 AM »

Plus the Archon is so easy to customize! It's such a great saber! I am so much happier with it than I expected to be.

Here's a thread I started for custom Archons, check it out!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18615.0

Sweet, I'll post my pics in that thread too. I plan on ordering a war glair emitter with black claws to put on it, saw a picture that someone put up of that setup and it struck a chord with me.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 05:37:26 AM »

Welcome. I just ordered an Archon in VA myself:). I'm excited.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »

Congrats on the Archon! I have one, too - my first (and probably last) Emerald saber. I think it looks brilliant with any colour Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 02:19:58 PM »

It is a nice looking saber.
I'm totally in love with my recently acquired Guardian.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »

Welcome. I just ordered an Archon in VA myself:). I'm excited.

Man I'd love to see the archon in that color!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »

Man I'd love to see the archon in that color!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
Will do I'm still waiting for the shipping email from FedEx.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »

GREAT score on that Archon! It's my 2nd fave next to my Bellicose.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: