Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AS Dominix V3 LE - and as saberstaff with a Dark Initiate V3 LE  (Read 5253 times)
Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« on: January 14, 2014, 08:00:12 PM »

Hello Saberforum.

Here is a review of my newest acquisition: the Dominix V3 LE in Adegan Silver.

THE DOMINIX

Here it is in comparison to its "little brother".

Of course, it's also heavier.

Here's a pic of the whole family.  Cool

With a heavy grade blade, the balance point is here:

It's wielding perfectly with a heavy grade and you really have something in your hand. I love it.  Kiss

THE STAFF

This beauty will fulfill its destiny in another way, though: as one half of my new go-to-saberstaff.  Shocked

The balance point is right beneath the coupler.

Using an initiate blade with the Dominix and a regular one with the Initiate gives this asymmetrical staff a perfect overall length.

The only minor drawback is the slight difference in color. Adegan Silver seems to come in different variations.

Here it is in action. Adegan Silver looks sooooooooooooo good.  Cheesy OK. I'm showing off.  Roll Eyes Enjoy it anyway.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCVGThD3Y4&amp;list=HL1389728953&amp;feature=mh_lolz" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCVGThD3Y4&amp;list=HL1389728953&amp;feature=mh_lolz</a>

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »

How long have I been watching you use a staff? I still had a big old gapey grin watching you spin that staff! Awesome, and AS is amazing!

I think the difference in colors is due to the different blade lengths. The initiate blades are always the brightest ones, and even CG looks different when both blade types are used.

Congrats, saber brother! That is a fine addition to your arsenal!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:39:28 PM by eerockk » Logged

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »

I think the difference in colors is due to the different blade lengths. The initiate blades are always the brightest ones, and even CG looks different when both blade types are used.

THAT is an interesting thought. This will be put to a test tomorrow (though it will nevertheless stay that way)! Smiley Thanks, man.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

Fabulous! I know your liking for aesymetric staves!

I'd forgotten how well you wield that thing though. Very nice!!!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »

Thanks, brothers!  Grin

And I've put it to a test ... the color difference remains with two regular HG blades: one lightly more "blueish", the other slightly more "reddish".

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:35:44 PM »

How's she handle in combat? Any different than a regular saberstaff? I bet you can get some vicious up close action with that baby...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

Nice way to make a staff. Always wondered how this type would look.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »

How's she handle in combat? Any different than a regular saberstaff? I bet you can get some vicious up close action with that baby...

Honestly ... I do not know. I'm only training with this baby.

As for training ... the way I use it, there is no big difference in handling. Instead of two slightly shorter blades (I find two regular blades are two long to handle properly) I get the same overall length with one regular and one initiate blade. Only the balance point is shifting a bit. So there is no advantage in reach, whatsoever.

There MIGHT be some tactical advantages in combat if you change grips and make use of the longer blade, or if you can fool an opponent. Also the shorter blade might give you some options in mobility ... but again, all this is talking about a level I do not have.

Compared to a phantom (2 Initiates), you definite ly have the disadvantage of a longer hilt that's easier to hit.

Maybe, in a couple of years, I can put some effort in analyzing this thing properly ... and convince Master Nonymous, that the staff can be an efficient combat weapon.  Grin

Darth Iratus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

Wow. Sweet spinning vid.

Aeon V3 in BR
Dark Standard Issue staff in VA & GB
Aeon V2 LE in SRD (girlfriends)
Liberator in AB (girlfriends)
I like dark force points but money is better

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 08:11:16 PM »

I've used a full size phantom with 32" blades and I'm 5'9". I like the ability to increase my speed and test myself (saberstaff being a challenge) without sacrificing reach.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: