Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab bags?  (Read 3712 times)
CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 16, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »

Being the indecisive little oik that I am, I've reached a point in my quest for my first saber that has left me in a bit of a state. Anyone who has read any of my posts will know that first I wanted a catalyst in AS, then I wanted a dark initiate staff in two separate colours AND NOW I'm thinking it might be best to get a grab bag as I can't make up my mind.

Now, I've searched through the forum and YouTube a million times looking at grab bag reviews and I've seen a worrying amount of red hilts. I'm not sure what these sabers are, how common they are or anything about them. In all honesty, I don't like them very much and am absolutely terrified that if I order a grab bag, I'll get one of these red sabers in consular green and be forever known as 'the Christmas Jedi'.

My questions are, what are these sabers? (I know they're not crimson reapers) What are the chances of me getting one? And if I did get one, what are the chances I could look past it's redness and just enjoy my first saber?

Always remember that cute, cuddly teddy bears will most likely eat you alive, unless you can prove you're a god.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »

Those reviews of older V2's like the Liberator that were Blue or Red Anodized.  I also think there were some Standard Issues that were also anodized Blue or Red.  I have not seen them in Grab Bags in nearly a year.  I have received as gift 3 grab bag sabers over the past 2 years and these are the results:

The very last of the PVC Archons; Aeon LE version 2; Liberator version 3. 

Most likely, you'll receive an Aeon, Dominix, or Liberator as those are the ones I have seen most posted on the forums. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Lord Krankenhaus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 29

Light Side, Dark Side, you decide my fate.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

I agree with Blue, you're safe as far as the blue and red hilts go, unless you get one of the colored Reapers. You'd most likely end up with an Aeon/Dominix, Initiate, Standard Issue, or Liberator.
And, in that .000001%chance of getting one of the red or blue Libby/SI sabers, you could always remove the anodizing later with some weathering techniques.

May the Force be with you, unless you plan to use it against me.
Phantasm V3 BR/BR
2 Aeon V3 GB/VA
Liberator V3 CG
Prophecy V3 GB
Initiate V3 FO
Phantasm Initiate V2 LE SY/SY
Bellicose SRD or DVA
Custom CG saber, "Clementine", Consular emitter/pommel, Dark Shock Body

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »

If you are that worried, why not just order an Initiate or an Aeon or something like that? Remember that the grab bags do not come with a blade. By the time you add that on, you might as well just order an Initiate, Aeon, Dominix, Libby, etc. and at least you know exactly what you are getting.

Just a thought.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 07:23:22 PM »

Being the indecisive little oik that I am, I've reached a point in my quest for my first saber that has left me in a bit of a state. Anyone who has read any of my posts will know that first I wanted a catalyst in AS, then I wanted a dark initiate staff in two separate colours AND NOW I'm thinking it might be best to get a grab bag as I can't make up my mind.

Now, I've searched through the forum and YouTube a million times looking at grab bag reviews and I've seen a worrying amount of red hilts. I'm not sure what these sabers are, how common they are or anything about them. In all honesty, I don't like them very much and am absolutely terrified that if I order a grab bag, I'll get one of these red sabers in consular green and be forever known as 'the Christmas Jedi'.

My questions are, what are these sabers? (I know they're not crimson reapers) What are the chances of me getting one? And if I did get one, what are the chances I could look past it's redness and just enjoy my first saber?

Those Red and Blue sabers were something Ultra tried around Christmas two years ago. They were a "limited time only" type deal, almost like a Holiday promo. No one bought them, and they wound up being relegated to the grab bag just to get rid of them. They're long gone now, so unless they randomly find one lying in a dusty corner, your chances of getting one are zero.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »

Phew.I appreciate that they were probably good quality sabers and all, I was just worried that I'd get one and not like it. With regards to buying a saber like an aeon or a Dominix, the reason I was gonna go for a grab bag was because I can't decide which saber to get, and apart from the sabers I mentioned, I'll be happy with whatever I end up with. Smiley

Always remember that cute, cuddly teddy bears will most likely eat you alive, unless you can prove you're a god.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:54:28 AM »

If you really can't decide which to get, and will be happy with anything, then a grab bag is for you sir!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »

Phew.I appreciate that they were probably good quality sabers and all, I was just worried that I'd get one and not like it. With regards to buying a saber like an aeon or a Dominix, the reason I was gonna go for a grab bag was because I can't decide which saber to get, and apart from the sabers I mentioned, I'll be happy with whatever I end up with. Smiley

Run a poll on here - put up the options you can afford, and we'll decide for you Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »

Sounds like a plan. Smiley Silly question though, how do I start a poll?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »

*Smacks head*

I've never noticed there isn't a poll function here - I've never needed one, but it's always been an option on every other forum I'm a member of so I just assumed...

You'll have to do it the old fashioned way, I think - just put up a list of your options, and we'll help you decide.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »

Sounds like a plan. Smiley Silly question though, how do I start a poll?

I think the mods can help you with that as I have seen polls on this forum in the past.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 02:32:21 AM »

Haha, I thought I was just being silly. It's okay though. I've decided to go for the phantasm initiate staff. Smiley Thanks for all the help. Smiley

Lord Krankenhaus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 29

Light Side, Dark Side, you decide my fate.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

Excellent choice, I love mine.
Glad we could help you decide(sorta Grin)!

May the Force be with you, unless you plan to use it against me.
Phantasm V3 BR/BR
2 Aeon V3 GB/VA
Liberator V3 CG
Prophecy V3 GB
Initiate V3 FO
Phantasm Initiate V2 LE SY/SY
Bellicose SRD or DVA
Custom CG saber, "Clementine", Consular emitter/pommel, Dark Shock Body

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 04:12:54 AM »

If you can't make up your mind then I think a grab bag is an excellent choice for a first saber. A good part of the fun is not knowing what your getting hilt wise (blade color too if you decide to keep that random)

I'm quite happy with my first saber which is a grab bag it only makes me want my emerald saber with all the stuff on it that much more  Grin

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

I think it'll be a good few years before I can afford an emerald saber. Sad One with sound at least. Still, I'd be happy with a stunt. I also just found out that one of my friends from back home is buying a saber also, so when he comes to visit I'll have a new sparring partner. Cheesy I'm so excited and can't wait 'til Christmas. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: