Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67550 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »

Any chance we can get a sticky on this thread since we've already had moderators answering questions about Emerald here?  Seems like we've accumulated a fair bit of good Q&A about the system and it would be good for people to be able to come here and look.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Tyl Kindarin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »

This may be a dull question, but if you opt for a non-illuminated AV switch, does the AV switch channel affect anything? I figure that the answer is no since the non-illuminated AV switch has no, well, illumination, but I wasn't sure if it might still draw some amperage somehow.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »

I'd like to know that too. If I get an Emerald 'sabre, I'd like to have an AV switch but how to configure it is the thing that I've not yet figured out.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »

Basically if you want an a/v switch to light up but not be on all the time, you should connect it to channel 4 (not in series)
Emory was very specific in the release videos. I know it is a few minutes to watch but well worth the information.

Lightside points if any are given

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »

If u dedicate the AV to channel 4 then u lose the 4th color, which is either white or amber.

What we need to know is what exactly does the 4th color actually bring to the emerald set up. I don't want to spend all the $ on the emerald unless I can actually make every color. If the white and amber LED are actually useful when mixing colors then I don't want to sacrifice them just for the AV.

Can someone with the 4channel comment on how the white and amber LEd add to the color mixing ability of the emerald driver?

So far all we have is speculation. I have a feeling that the first 3 channels are all that really matter but it would be nice to confirm b4 I place my order

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2013, 10:26:22 PM »

Give me like three weeks and I can tell you.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

Yeah, what haldir said - I've been meaning to ask that for a while Cheesy

I like my silver blade, and I assume that you can't get pure white without the actual white LED illuminated. If not, then it seems like it'd have to be the non-illuminated switch. It's only a small thing, but even having watched the video this seems to be only way to have all four colours - unless I have this wrong.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:21 PM »

If u dedicate the AV to channel 4 then u lose the 4th color, which is either white or amber.

What we need to know is what exactly does the 4th color actually bring to the emerald set up. I don't want to spend all the $ on the emerald unless I can actually make every color. If the white and amber LED are actually useful when mixing colors then I don't want to sacrifice them just for the AV.

Can someone with the 4channel comment on how the white and amber LEd add to the color mixing ability of the emerald driver?

So far all we have is speculation. I have a feeling that the first 3 channels are all that really matter but it would be nice to confirm b4 I place my order

Here is your answer from Deep himself on a previous chain that haldir asked.

He did say in the video that you can make the same amber as the RGBA with the RGBW, but if you don't get the RGBW you won't be able to get as much of a pure white or be able to add that pure white to other colors.  Since he recommended in the video to get RGBW, that's what I would get if I was making one.

can someone please explain what the benefit of getting the RGBA over the RGBW would be?  If you can make the same amber color as the RGBA with the RGBW.... but you cant make the same white with the RGBA as the RGBW.... then it only seems logical that there is no reason to get the RGBA when the RGBW exists....

if the RGBW makes every color possible, but the RGBA makes every color except pure white, then why even offer the RGBA? I just want to make sure i understand all this so i can make an informed purchase

thanks

There is no benefit to getting RGBA over RGBW as a matter of fact it's highly unrecommended.  There is no good reason to select RGBA, but some people may want to get creative with their color combination so we offer it so that our more unique customers can get what they want.  But I can't think of a good reason to ever select it.

White appears to be the optimal choice.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

haldir
Knight Templar

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »

That doesn't completly answer the question or satisfy my curiosity.

It seems that, from what deep said, the amber LED does contribute to color mixing in a unique way. It's not clear if white actually contributes to color mixing, just that PURE white is only possible with that LED

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

Losing the 4th channel won't interfere with your standard color mixing. With the RGBW you will lose the ability for "pure" white and for pastel colors, but that is it, really. With the RGBA you will lose the ability to make warmer shades of yellows, oranges, and reds. The amber LED offers odd color combos, like a type of flesh tone, or a peachy color. But same thing applies, those few odd colors or your warmer oranges are the only things you'd lose not having the 4th channel.

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »

Haldir, looking through the video again my understanding is that if you set the AV to be in sequence with one of the channels, it'll light up in line with that channel, to the extent that channel is set too - so if it's in line with channel 4 on the RGBW and you have full white, your switch will be pure white, if you have it set to half white then the switch will be dimmer. You don't lose that colour or its ability to mix with the others, but the AV switch is wholly dependent on it.

Again, I think that's right... but I may be way off base Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:09:07 PM by James Casey » Logged

haldir
Knight Templar

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2013, 01:04:27 AM »

James that's my understanding of it too. I guess we need some photos of these "pastel" and "warmer" colors that may be possible to create using the 4th channel so we can decide wether to get white or amber, or just dedicate Chanel 4 to the AV.

I'm hesitant to order it with the AV on ch4 becuz I don't just want "standard" colors, I want to be able to create ANY color.

I Am under the impression that all the colors ultra sabers sells Are made by mixing red green and blue.  This means that none of us has a seen an LED that mixes W or A with R,G, or B.  None of us knows what these "pastel" or "warmer " colors looks like.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2013, 04:56:26 AM »

If you choose to have the a/v in series then yes everything that is done to that channel will affect the switch but if you dedicate it to the forth channel then you'll find on the loss of brightness minimal,  at least on the rgbw. 

Lightside points if any are given

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:40 AM »

So, if hypothetically you had the A/V switch in line with channel 4 of a RGBW set up, then would you have to have White set all the way up at 255 for the A/V switch to light up? Wouldn't that wash out, say, a blue (if you had only blue set to 255) and create a pastel-y blue? If you wanted a guardian blue color then, would you have to sacrifice your A/V switch and turn the White all the way down?

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2013, 05:20:56 AM »

So, if hypothetically you had the A/V switch in line with channel 4 of a RGBW set up, then would you have to have White set all the way up at 255 for the A/V switch to light up? Wouldn't that wash out, say, a blue (if you had only blue set to 255) and create a pastel-y blue? If you wanted a guardian blue color then, would you have to sacrifice your A/V switch and turn the White all the way down?

Essentially.  But you wouldn't have to have channel 4 set to 255 for the AV switch to light up.  It would only be as bright as you set it to be.  of course you could always have it ran direct drive so that you don't have to worry about any of that..

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: