Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67547 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:04 PM »

can someone please explain what the benefit of getting the RGBA over the RGBW would be?  If you can make the same amber color as the RGBA with the RGBW.... but you cant make the same white with the RGBA as the RGBW.... then it only seems logical that there is no reason to get the RGBA when the RGBW exists....

if the RGBW makes every color possible, but the RGBA makes every color except pure white, then why even offer the RGBA? I just want to make sure i understand all this so i can make an informed purchase

thanks

There is no benefit to getting RGBA over RGBW as a matter of fact it's highly unrecommended.  There is no good reason to select RGBA, but some people may want to get creative with their color combination so we offer it so that our more unique customers can get what they want.  But I can't think of a good reason to ever select it.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Tsurabisu
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2013, 04:53:07 AM »

C'mon tax time! I'm definitely getting one. Hopefully they'll be able to get the Dark Monarch with Emerald and Sound. I'd kill for that!

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »

C'mon tax time! I'm definitely getting one. Hopefully they'll be able to get the Dark Monarch with Emerald and Sound. I'd kill for that!

Yeah a lot of sabers aren't listed for emerald and I don't know if its because they aren't capable or if they are just out of stock.

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2013, 02:13:53 PM »

Remove the Kill Key and just get a Recharge Port imo.  Kill Keys are pointless and grand waste of cash.  Again, just my opinion.

I like the Kill Key option, personally.

I like knowing when I have my saber turned Off, that it is really Off.  I know I could take the batteries out, but one of the main advantages to having a recharge port is not having to pull the guts out to remove the batteries.

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »

I like knowing when I have my saber turned Off, that it is really Off.  I know I could take the batteries out, but one of the main advantages to having a recharge port is not having to pull the guts out to remove the batteries.

I agree.  Moreover, not also is it a matter of personal convenience, but it also saves wear and tear on the battery holder.

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

im so excited for this lol  Grin

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 03:06:16 AM »

Is there any additional energy requirement for this setup or is it pretty much the same?

For example, certain colors obviously last longer then others.  I have noticed that Green, Blue, and Violet Amethyst apparently last the longest, VA in terms that once the color fades it's still a bright red.

But other more intense colors like Yellow burn through batteries much more quickly.

With this new setup allowing for pulsing, FoC of all kinds, and pretty much using every color imaginable, not to mention sound as an available option, I'd imagine they would be pretty demanding?

Or, is it all the same more or less?

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »

Just seems to me if you are going to take the time to plug in a kill key, you could just plug the charger into the saber (without a kill key) effectively eliminating any drain on the batteries.

However, we do sale sabers with kill keys to our customers that either like them or don't know what they are and buy them anyway.  I just make it clear to anyone that asks that I believe for the extreme cost associated with the addition of a kill key, it's not worth it nor does it add any value or functionality to the saber.

Recharge Ports = AWESOME, one of the best features we ever added.  KILL KEYS = overpriced, pointless

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »

Just seems to me if you are going to take the time to plug in a kill key, you could just plug the charger into the saber (without a kill key) effectively eliminating any drain on the batteries.

True enough but for those who have display stands, some prefer to display their sabers on these and having to keep taking out the batteries is not just for everyone.  It really is all about personal convenience.  Moreover, a saber on a stand with the charger wires showing isn't a nice thing to see on a display case.

However, we do sale sabers with kill keys to our customers that either like them or don't know what they are and buy them anyway.  I just make it clear to anyone that asks that I believe for the extreme cost associated with the addition of a kill key, it's not worth it nor does it add any value or functionality to the saber.

Recharge Ports = AWESOME, one of the best features we ever added.  KILL KEYS = overpriced, pointless

Point taken.

To each his/her own I say.

Kill keys can be very useful at cons since it minimizes the frequency of having to change out your batteries.

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »

Kill keys are really only for accent LEDS that are going to be blinking or on all the time.  Ultrasabers obsidian draws little power from the battery while in idle mode.  The new feature which allows you to have the AV switch on at all times would be a good example to have a kill key so the saber isn't dead the next time you get it out.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »

True enough but for those who have display stands, some prefer to display their sabers on these and having to keep taking out the batteries is not just for everyone.  It really is all about personal convenience.  Moreover, a saber on a stand with the charger wires showing isn't a nice thing to see on a display case.

Point taken.

To each his/her own I say.

Kill keys can be very useful at cons since it minimizes the frequency of having to change out your batteries.

Your Obsidian saber idling at 0.19 mA for a full 12 hour day at a convention until you can charge it would effectively draw 0.0018% of the capacity of two 900 mAh batteries.  I wouldn't call preventing that very useful.  I just think there is a lot of misinformation being spread about Kill Keys, causing customers to waste their money on them.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2013, 02:18:46 AM »

Kill keys are really only for accent LEDS that are going to be blinking or on all the time.  Ultrasabers obsidian draws little power from the battery while in idle mode.  The new feature which allows you to have the AV switch on at all times would be a good example to have a kill key so the saber isn't dead the next time you get it out.

Totally agree.  A 20 mA draw is certainly a number to be more concerned with.  With this kind of setup a kill key could be of some use if you want to use all 4 channels for the LED.  Of course, also if you choose to have the AV switch on at all times, seems [kind of] counter-intuitive to pay a ton of money for a feature, namely a kill key install, that will prevent that from happening.  Undecided

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »

Totally agree.  A 20 mA draw is certainly a number to be more concerned with.  With this kind of setup a kill key could be of some use if you want to use all 4 channels for the LED.  Of course, also if you choose to have the AV switch on at all times, seems [kind of] counter-intuitive to pay a ton of money for a feature, namely a kill key install, that will prevent that from happening.  Undecided

Lol, that does seem a little odd to me when you put it like that although I have considered buying a saber with a kill key in the past but could never justify the cost, charging port on the other hand would be cool

Have been wondering if you choose to have the AV switch in series with a channel you keep the led but the AV switch led will be subject to what every you have decided to do with that channel led, so my question is, if you have the AV switch dedicated to a channel, lets say 4, will you be able to do funky things with the AV switch like getting it to pulse etc as you could with the white led it would otherwise be wired to ?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »

Have been wondering if you choose to have the AV switch in series with a channel you keep the led but the AV switch led will be subject to what every you have decided to do with that channel led, so my question is, if you have the AV switch dedicated to a channel, lets say 4, will you be able to do funky things with the AV switch like getting it to pulse etc as you could with the white led it would otherwise be wired to ?

In addition to that question: Will you be able to change switch colours the same way as the blade colour when the switch has its own channel? And will this specific switch channel also be available for changing blade colours?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Redspo0n
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »

Would a 2channel R+B cover all my bases for BR, DVA, VA, and BH?

Been lurking and researching and... drooling... for a while now, but with daily deal, raffle, AND the new Emerald setups, I'm on the cusp of throwing down my first order.   I LOVE the wicked purples, and good old red for duelling my yoda-esque 4yo, but if I can accomplish all of those colours with a 2channel R+B and save a little cash it leaves room to personalize a little more later on.

Picture Arbiter DVA, pulse VA, FoC BH, with a purple dyed leather wrap, a little custom engraving and some royal purple acrylic paint...  But I'm getting ahead of myself.   Grin

So yeah.. 2channel R+B = DVA, VA, and BH?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: