Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67412 times)
Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »

Ensuing slew of mostly-unsupported "Emerald sucks!" posts on that other saber forum in 5... 4... 3...

Seriously, this thing looks AMAZING.  I was just yesterday thinking about getting an new saber, wondering why I can't seem to find some of the old FoC color combinations, and debating getting RGB, and then this comes along.  Time to start saving up money while waiting for some feedback to show up on the forum (I'm not an early adopter Smiley ).

Theron, not sure what prices are on said "other boards", but it looks like it adds $90 for a two-channel and $140 for a four-channel.  Considering that an RGB with FoC adds $125, that's a price I can get behind.

edit: Looks like it's not available with sound on the Initiates, Dominix/Aeon, and Standard Issues.  It's still available without sound, though.  Space issues, I'd guess.  Bummer though, since I love some of those simpler hilts.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:15:24 PM by Vyk » Logged

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »

Ensuing slew of mostly-unsupported "Emerald sucks!" posts on that other saber forum in 5... 4... 3...

Seriously, this thing looks AMAZING.  I was just yesterday thinking about getting an new saber, wondering why I can't seem to find some of the old FoC color combinations, and debating getting RGB, and then this comes along.  Time to start saving up money while waiting for some feedback to show up on the forum (I'm not an early adopter Smiley ).

Theron, not sure what prices are on said "other boards", but it looks like it adds $90 for a two-channel and $140 for a four-channel.  Considering that an RGB with FoC adds $125, that's a price I can get behind.

This is going to save a lot of money for people who store a drawer full of MHS units.

Also for those who like the easy switch on hand to change the color, I like to think of the Emerald option for those sabers that cannot have RGB such as the Guardian or even better the Archon 2.1.  You can go from Luke to Obi-Wan by plugging it into your computer rather than swapping LEDS.  Although the work may be similar, the emerald option can choose any FoC while the person with swappable LEDS has to go with whatever is fixed.

marquis_devaux
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »

All I can say is "HOLY FRACKEN COOL!!!!"  Shocked.  Damn you Ultra Sabers, there goes another 400.00 bucks as I must have the Manticore with the 4 channel driver.   If anybody knew how much I spent on sabers this year they would have me committed.   Grin

marquis_devaux
Knight Ensign

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »

Couldn't wait just ordered the Manticore stunt with the 4 channel driver.  Can't wait can't wait!!!   Shocked

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:57 PM »

Couldn't wait just ordered the Manticore stunt with the 4 channel driver.  Can't wait can't wait!!!   Shocked

I want a detailed review of everything about that saber when you get it!

marquis_devaux
Knight Ensign

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »

I am out of town on business until next Thursday, but I will try and post something that night when I get home and check it out.  Was thinking about getting a Manticore anyway, this just made my decision MUCH easier. =P

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »

Speaking of the Manticore...  Now people can order an "RGB" Manticore with Sound and not just in Stunt.  I know people love the shortness of the hilt, but you always had to chose, sound or RGB.  Now you can have multi-color and sound.  Heck, you could even have a double blade one.  That would be a very nice double blade with smaller hilts.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »

This looks amazing. Definitely one to consider for my next purchase... Maybe come the Spring, I might get a Guardian or Bane with this. I love the idea of a purple 'sabre with the occasional light pulse of yellow - it'd match the first 'sabre my character had in a story I wrote a long, long time ago. Oddly enough, he went on to own an arsenal of 'sabres, all colours, all shapes and sizes... Cheesy

Coolest of all? The pulse remains an option on the stunt 'sabres. That's very tempting...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:58:03 PM by James Casey » Logged

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »

I'm now thinking of just getting a stunt Consular with the 2 channel R-G Emerald driver. I did want it with sound, but I already have one with sound and I could always send it back in later for the obsidian. Then again I could be selfless and have my sister's initiate v3 sent back to get the 2 channel R-B so she can have any color between red and blue... Damn those deer for wrecking my car!!!!!! (Sigh) well maybe I can send her saber in for her birthday. We shall see what my next two paychecks say!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »

Definetly getting this with my next saber.  I have always loved the idea of being able to do stuff like this for a saber.

Also just to put this into perspective, and give a reason of why you should get this for any saber you get with sound.  The Emerald driver costs $140.  That is a one time payment.  A MLS unit costs $35 by itself and an extra $35 with FoC coming to a total of $70 for an MLS unit with FoC.  That is half the price of the Emerald driver.  If you were planning to buy more than one MLS unit with FoC for a saber with sound,  It would be more worth your money to buy the Emerald because you will be getting over 4 billion possible colors for your blade.

So yeah.  That's why I'm getting it.

Assuming I did the calculations correctly for this, the number of possible idle blade colors is:  4,129,476,120  The majority of these colors are very little variation from each other but it would just be cool to know that you have that many options.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »

This.  Is.  Awesome.

I may have to see if I can send in my sabers for some overhauls... Hmm.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Theron
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 11:45:26 PM »

Has Ultra introduced a "shimmer" or "flicker" feature? For the blade that is, ALA the movie effects.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

I can't even see the videos at work, and this is AWESOME!!!   I'll be sending my DWG in to get this installed when I find a pot of gold somewhere. 

I'm a little disappointed you can't get this on the Dominix/Initiate v3's with sound, since I'd send those in to get the conversion also.  But alas, I understand size is an issue. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »

I'm a little disappointed you can't get this on the Dominix/Initiate v3's with sound, since I'd send those in to get the conversion also.  But alas, I understand size is an issue. 
I'm curious to know if a 2-channel would fit.  It appears to be thinner than a 4-channel, and would be perfect for me; I've been wavering on which green or blue I want for one, and what blue or green it would FoC to.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »

Has Ultra introduced a "shimmer" or "flicker" feature? For the blade that is, ALA the movie effects.

That's something the Emerald can do, you just have to configure the idle pulse timing and color and you can make it shimmer any way you want.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: