Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67501 times)
borgishmorg
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Conjurer of Dark Magik

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »

So I know that people were already talking about sending in sabers for upgrading, but what about buying a stunt emerald saber, with li-ion setup and 4 channels, and then sending it in at a later date to have sound added? Would that be possible? If so, how much would that most likely cost? (The upgrade I mean)

Aeon LE V3 in CG
Standard Issue V3 in BR
Shock with v3 Sound in GB
Dark Menace with v4 Sound in PO
Consular with v4 Sound in Tri-CG

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »

Lol, that does seem a little odd to me when you put it like that although I have considered buying a saber with a kill key in the past but could never justify the cost, charging port on the other hand would be cool

Have been wondering if you choose to have the AV switch in series with a channel you keep the led but the AV switch led will be subject to what every you have decided to do with that channel led, so my question is, if you have the AV switch dedicated to a channel, lets say 4, will you be able to do funky things with the AV switch like getting it to pulse etc as you could with the white led it would otherwise be wired to ?

Correct,  the AV switch would "pulse" (as much as an AV switch can pulse) and turn on and off along with whatever LED diode color you have connected to that channel.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »

In addition to that question: Will you be able to change switch colours the same way as the blade colour when the switch has its own channel? And will this specific switch channel also be available for changing blade colours?

No, the AV switches will not change color.  They will remain the color of the AV switch you select in the listing.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »

Okay, thanks Deep Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »

Thanks Deep, that's what I though, trying to choose between the AV switch being on direct drive or dedicated to channel 4

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »

Is channel 4 (white) only used for flash on clash, or can it also be used to make colors?   Are the different colors made using only the Red, Green, and Blue? (not sure if the white led mixes well with the other colors)

I am asking because im trying to decide if i will get the AV switch on its own channel (4).... or get it in series with one of the blade channels.  If the white led is just used for FOC then i would get the AV switch on its own channel.... however, if the white led IS utilized to help manipulate different colors ( like maybe it helps lighten them up or something?) then i wouldn't want to miss out on that and i would probably get the AV in series with a blade channel.

thanks for the help

Kannik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

Lovin' Life

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 03:09:28 AM »

THIS is why I love ultrasabres -- what an amazing setup this is, with delicious programmability to boot!  No muss, no BS, and excellent service. 

You know, if I had to chose between a new roof and one of these beauts... it's a tough call.  (Well, actually the roof's already done, alas... ) Wink

I've got visions of more sabres to covet,

Peace,

Kannik

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Archon v2.1 w/ v3 head: Consular Green
Archon v2 w/ War Glaive head : Fire Orange
Archon v3 w/ Menace head & custom neck : Arctic Blue
Guardian:  Guardian Blue
Dark Prophecy V3: Arctic Blue
Sentinel LE v4 w/ extended handle:  Guardian Blue

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2013, 05:23:56 AM »

Is channel 4 (white) only used for flash on clash, or can it also be used to make colors?   Are the different colors made using only the Red, Green, and Blue? (not sure if the white led mixes well with the other colors)

I am asking because im trying to decide if i will get the AV switch on its own channel (4).... or get it in series with one of the blade channels.  If the white led is just used for FOC then i would get the AV switch on its own channel.... however, if the white led IS utilized to help manipulate different colors ( like maybe it helps lighten them up or something?) then i wouldn't want to miss out on that and i would probably get the AV in series with a blade channel.

thanks for the help
Both.  You can use the white as a pure white just for FoC, or use it as a pure white as the normal blade color, or use it to make a light-colored saber.  That said, you can do all of that with just RGB, also, it's just going to be slightly more difficult and may take some tweaking to get the pure white you're looking for.

For example, let's say you wanted a pink saber (for some reason Wink ).  With RGBA, you'd set perhaps 30,0,0,255 and end up with a fairly light pink.  If you assigned channel 4 to the AV switch only, you'd have to go for perhaps 255,230,230 to get a similar shade.  (Note that I don't have an Emerald yet--I'm just going from what I know of colors--so take these as examples, not as precise numbers.)

I'm having the same dilemma that you are.  Lose white and get independent control of the AV switch, or keep white and have them linked?  I think I'll assign channel 4 to AV only, since I don't think I'll lose much.  (Note that if you weren't using the white LED--perhaps you wanted the reddest red you could get--your AV switch wouldn't glow if it were on the same channel as white.)  Here's one other option I've considered, though: if I had a primary-colored AV switch (let's say green), I might assign it to that color's channel (in this case, channel 2).  If I had green off (thus a purple blade) I probably don't want a green AV switch shining anyway.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

haldir
Knight Templar

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »

What colors are currently made using the amber LED? Aren't all the colors, even the forum colors, made using the RGB LED?

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »

I could be wrong, but I believe FO is made using an amber LED.

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

I believe FO is purely an amber LED and I think PO is made using an amber and red LED although I could be wrong.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -69

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »

Just saw the post for the release of this new saber. I need it. lol. Looks amazing with all the possibilities. Like the idol pulse feature. Freakin fantastic. Bloody good work US. I don't want one tho. i think i need two of these bad boys. Time to start saving up.

Chemist the Phantom Menace, the kinda Sith that smoke spliffs.
Witnessing my foes getting wiped from existence
Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Wavebuster
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have to interface with the computer to change colors through the emerald driver, right? That is, if you're actively using the emerald saber you can't change colors or anything without stopping to work on the computer first?

Just wondering if I have a reason to get this over the RBG options I've seen for true on-the-fly color switching.

haldir
Knight Templar

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have to interface with the computer to change colors through the emerald driver, right? That is, if you're actively using the emerald saber you can't change colors or anything without stopping to work on the computer first?

Just wondering if I have a reason to get this over the RBG options I've seen for true on-the-fly color switching.

Ya it won't Be as convenient as the RGB but you'll have more control and u get the pulse mode

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »

Basically, if you want to be able to switch colors whenever you like (you could do it mid-swing if you were so inclined), go with the classic RGB.  Emerald doesn't give you that sort of on-the-fly option, but gives you much more fine-grained control of color along with the new pulse feature.  Emerald gives you literally 600 million times as many color options as a classic RGB Ultrasaber (not counting pulse and FoC): 4.2 billion combinations vs 7.  I'm not very familiar with other LED drivers on the market, but I'm pretty confident none of them will switch between billions (or even millions) of colors on the fly.  Smiley  (Although it would be kind of fun to see a hilt made entirely of DIP switches.)

Put differently, RGB effectively gives you 7 colors in one saber, selectable at any time.  Emerald gives you one color (or pulse combination), but it can be whatever you want it to be today.  If you want to change colors depending on who you're sparring with over the course of one day, go RGB.  If you want to make your saber match your mood/outfit/whim/whatever, go Emerald.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up