Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67398 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »

Well, it seems they are offering the Emerald sabers in DotD now.  Also don't forget that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming this Month.  If you can hold off, I am betting it'll be worth it.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Zexar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »

Well, it seems they are offering the Emerald sabers in DotD now.  Also don't forget that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming this Month.  If you can hold off, I am betting it'll be worth it.

My plan for a decked out Scorpion ;p

Bellicose 'BH' - "Velox Orabilis"
Prophecy CE 'VA'
Dark Monarch 'CG & AS FOC'
MR Darth Vader EP IV
MR Anakin Skywalker EP III
Dark Prophecy 'EG'
SS Raven 'BR'
Guardian 'GB'
Custom Mara Jade

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »

You and me both.
Since the Bellicose is on my wantlist, If I do get an Emerald equipped saber I will probably go with that.  

An Emerald Bellicose tricked out with all the options (except recharge port) would be $431.50, that's not as bad I thought it would be.  Still pricey, but doable.

I'm going to have to get one of these to try before the end of the year, that $400+ price is a little steep for me but well worth what you are getting I believe.  I'm interested in getting a Shock but haven't figured out what blade color to get it in so this could be the way to go for it.  My first emerald saber will probably be either a Shock or a Bellicose, I love the Bellicose I have and would like to get another one.  I'm definitely going to see what US does for their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.  Either that or hold off for the last raffle if it happens in December.

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »

Hmm I had forgotten about the shock, I have a soft spot for the dark shock, tbh its a tough choice picking the 'right' hilt for my first emerald saber. If I didn't already own a guardian that would prob be the obv choice as its one of my favourite hilt designs, decisions, decisions (though tbh that's prob not a bad thing as I can save a few more pennies while I decide Wink)

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2013, 02:17:16 AM »

He did say in the video that you can make the same amber as the RGBA with the RGBW, but if you don't get the RGBW you won't be able to get as much of a pure white or be able to add that pure white to other colors.  Since he recommended in the video to get RGBW, that's what I would get if I was making one.

can someone please explain what the benefit of getting the RGBA over the RGBW would be?  If you can make the same amber color as the RGBA with the RGBW.... but you cant make the same white with the RGBA as the RGBW.... then it only seems logical that there is no reason to get the RGBA when the RGBW exists....

if the RGBW makes every color possible, but the RGBA makes every color except pure white, then why even offer the RGBA? I just want to make sure i understand all this so i can make an informed purchase

thanks

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2013, 02:25:27 AM »

can someone please explain what the benefit of getting the RGBA over the RGBW would be?  If you can make the same amber color as the RGBA with the RGBW.... but you cant make the same white with the RGBA as the RGBW.... then it only seems logical that there is no reason to get the RGBA when the RGBW exists....

if the RGBW makes every color possible, but the RGBA makes every color except pure white, then why even offer the RGBA? I just want to make sure i understand all this so i can make an informed purchase

thanks

The amber allows for deeper oranges and yellow colors.  Off white is very popular especially with a  pod racer desert font.  The amber helps warm up all of your colors rather than a cold white and amber is an easier color to mix.  The white may make some colors lighter but the amber makes them richer if that makes sense.

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2013, 02:53:17 AM »

The amber allows for deeper oranges and yellow colors.  Off white is very popular especially with a  pod racer desert font.  The amber helps warm up all of your colors rather than a cold white and amber is an easier color to mix.  The white may make some colors lighter but the amber makes them richer if that makes sense.

Grin

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2013, 03:25:33 AM »

Grin

although I could be wrong, let someone else chime in their opinion.  Hopefully Ultra himself or Deep.  Depends on how they have their LED set up and which brand they choose yada yada.

NiNscorp75
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »

does anyone know if you can send in your saber to get the driver installed? would luv to get it in my Archon V2

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »

I think they will do if you email them. Just say what saber you have so that they can check if it's possible (space inside the saber etc.)! If it's possible, they will do it. You only have to prepare for the relatively high costs ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »

although I could be wrong, let someone else chime in their opinion.  Hopefully Ultra himself or Deep.  Depends on how they have their LED set up and which brand they choose yada yada.

My opinion is that you're right. RGBW is great for making cooler colors and pastels, but isn't that good at making deep oranges or ambers. I personally am going to get a RGBA because I love the warmer colors and I don't like pastels anyway. You won't get a true white with RGBA but it will be pretty close, unless you specifically want a pure white blade. I personally would just drop a few more points of blue (or technically, less of the other colors) because a slight blue registers as almost pure white to our eyes any way.

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »

most definitely need to know if we can send our hilts in for upgraded?.... "AKA buy the emerald card and have it installed by the US guys"  OOORR  ..... a link on the site to order a card and RGBW LED unit package .. for the DIY'er... im VERY interested in this... VERY... like... my paypal account is about to be filled and payed off, and im thinking i might grab 2-3 "emerald+RGBW LED" if this is doable... i suppose when i am ready i shall just send them a letter asking if such can be done, and the powers that be shall answer ^.^

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »

most definitely need to know if we can send our hilts in for upgraded?.... "AKA buy the emerald card and have it installed by the US guys"  OOORR  ..... a link on the site to order a card and RGBW LED unit package .. for the DIY'er... im VERY interested in this... VERY... like... my paypal account is about to be filled and payed off, and im thinking i might grab 2-3 "emerald+RGBW LED" if this is doable... i suppose when i am ready i shall just send them a letter asking if such can be done, and the powers that be shall answer ^.^

I'm sure hilts can be sent in for upgrade.  It will probably cost you $200+ or even $300+ because of the LED and the new Emerald driver board.  They have the Emerald 2-channel MLS LED unit for sale for $60 and so you can guess the 4-channel would be more plus whatever the board might cost plus labor.

Doing it yourself I guess would require you to email them about getting the parts.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »

That's almost an entire saber Shocked I think it would be better to just order a new saber with the Emerald board rather than upgrade an existing one...if the costs are about as high as you assume.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »

I'm sure hilts can be sent in for upgrade.  It will probably cost you $200+ or even $300+ because of the LED and the new Emerald driver board.  They have the Emerald 2-channel MLS LED unit for sale for $60 and so you can guess the 4-channel would be more plus whatever the board might cost plus labor.

Doing it yourself I guess would require you to email them about getting the parts.

The cost for upgrades would be only the cost of the Emerald package that you are getting added.  If you are getting sound than the price would be the cost of the two together.  but if you already have Obsidian sound on your saber and just want the upgrade to Emerald, than you would only be paying $140 (or $90 depending on which LED setup you get) plus the cost of shipping.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: