Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Emerald LED Driver is HERE  (Read 67415 times)
Darth Zexar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »

so what is the difference between RGBW and RGBA other than the obvious white vs amber(orange) led... as in, does it make a difference? can you achieve the same colors from either?

I believe you won't get white as pure with the RGBA.

Bellicose 'BH' - "Velox Orabilis"
Prophecy CE 'VA'
Dark Monarch 'CG & AS FOC'
MR Darth Vader EP IV
MR Anakin Skywalker EP III
Dark Prophecy 'EG'
SS Raven 'BR'
Guardian 'GB'
Custom Mara Jade

Pagru
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »

Definetly getting this with my next saber.  I have always loved the idea of being able to do stuff like this for a saber.

Also just to put this into perspective, and give a reason of why you should get this for any saber you get with sound.  The Emerald driver costs $140.  That is a one time payment.  A MLS unit costs $35 by itself and an extra $35 with FoC coming to a total of $70 for an MLS unit with FoC.  That is half the price of the Emerald driver.  If you were planning to buy more than one MLS unit with FoC for a saber with sound,  It would be more worth your money to buy the Emerald because you will be getting over 4 billion possible colors for your blade.

So yeah.  That's why I'm getting it.

Assuming I did the calculations correctly for this, the number of possible idle blade colors is:  4,129,476,120  The majority of these colors are very little variation from each other but it would just be cool to know that you have that many options.

my of number understanding of number theory says 4,228,250,625 which means 30,201,790 per dollar (though as above some are identical and some very similar, I lack the skill to calculate it) so just, wow, this isn't just pick the color you like you actually get to choose your exact hue and compensate for different blade types to boot.

saying that,I do have one problem with it, when I get one I suspect that i will spend MANY MANY hours fiddling with all the different options and clogging up my HDD with my million or so fave setups, oh dear :-p

Kfd
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »

This has got to be the best thing since sliced bread - I want one bad  Grin

US definitely has a way with getting me to willingly splurge big. All I can say is that I am so glad I didn't scrounge hard to put in an order during the last raffle or else I definitely wouldn't be able to afford an emerald saber anytime soon.

saying that,I do have one problem with it, when I get one I suspect that i will spend MANY MANY hours fiddling with all the different options and clogging up my HDD with my million or so fave setups, oh dear :-p

I can't agree with you more  Grin

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »

So I filled out a Catalyst Emerald options screen to see what it would cost......  Shocked $538 and some change, before shipping costs. Yikes!

Shocked

What on earth did you add to it? I checked out a Bane with almost everything ticked and it ended up about $400. Did you have the recharge port included?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »

Oh my, this looks AWESOME!  I'm never going to have money again Tongue

I've always said a Bellicose looks good in any color...

You and me both.
Since the Bellicose is on my wantlist, If I do get an Emerald equipped saber I will probably go with that.  

An Emerald Bellicose tricked out with all the options (except recharge port) would be $431.50, that's not as bad I thought it would be.  Still pricey, but doable.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »

so what is the difference between RGBW and RGBA other than the obvious white vs amber(orange) led... as in, does it make a difference? can you achieve the same colors from either?

He did say in the video that you can make the same amber as the RGBA with the RGBW, but if you don't get the RGBW you won't be able to get as much of a pure white or be able to add that pure white to other colors.  Since he recommended in the video to get RGBW, that's what I would get if I was making one.

So I filled out a Catalyst Emerald options screen to see what it would cost......  Shocked $538 and some change, before shipping costs. Yikes!

But an Emerald Catalyst with Sentinel Yellow default will most likely be my next saber. . . Next year. . . if ever... Someday I'll have a fully loaded saber... Someday...  Embarrassed

Shocked

What on earth did you add to it? I checked out a Bane with almost everything ticked and it ended up about $400. Did you have the recharge port included?

Probably an illuminated switch and a recharge port.

I made a Catalyst in SY, 4-channel driver, Li-Ion batteries only, sound-no av switch, and a covertech wheel and I got $406.  Of course I already have one of their chargers and a couple Covertech clips so I didn't add those.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Ealotech
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 158

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »

Here is what I'm going to get when my birthday comes next year.

Item Name:   The Graflex CE with Sound (Emerald)
Item Price:   $675.50
Options:
Blade LED Color:Sunrider's Destiny for Emerald
Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED
Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald
Pulse Mode:Pulse to Sentinel Yellow
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 0.2A Slow Charger + Kill Key
Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Green Illuminated AV Switch
AV Switch Channel:Direct Drive (ALWAYS ON) [Recommended
Front Button Color:Gold
Rear Button Color:Gold
Blade Set Screw Type:Socket
Blade Tip:POINTED TIP
Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks
Include Blade Plug:Yes
Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks

Shipping Cost to Canada USPS $47.06

So grand Total will be $722.56  Tongue

But it will be worth it because Ultrasabers is awesome!

Wishlist: Emerald Consular, Emerald Guardian, Emerald Chosen One

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »

Interesting color choices you went with there for the blade.  That's definitely a pricey saber.  I suppose if you're gonna go big though, you might as well get the Cadillac of sabers, nickel plating and all.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Ealotech
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 158

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »

ooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaa  Cheesy

Wishlist: Emerald Consular, Emerald Guardian, Emerald Chosen One

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »

What I still don't understand: why do we have to order a specific blade colour (as well as Pulse colour and FoC colour) when you can actually configure your custom colours through the Emerald LED Driver?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »

Here is what I'm going to get when my birthday comes next year.

Item Name:   The Graflex CE with Sound (Emerald)
Item Price:   $675.50
Options:
Blade LED Color:Sunrider's Destiny for Emerald
Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED
Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald
Pulse Mode:Pulse to Sentinel Yellow
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 0.2A Slow Charger + Kill Key
Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Green Illuminated AV Switch
AV Switch Channel:Direct Drive (ALWAYS ON) [Recommended
Front Button Color:Gold
Rear Button Color:Gold
Blade Set Screw Type:Socket
Blade Tip:POINTED TIP
Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks
Include Blade Plug:Yes
Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks

Shipping Cost to Canada USPS $47.06

So grand Total will be $722.56  Tongue

But it will be worth it because Ultrasabers is awesome!

Remove the Kill Key and just get a Recharge Port imo.  Kill Keys are pointless and grand waste of cash.  Again, just my opinion.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »

A bonus of removing the Kill Key would be that you could get a 1.2A Fast Charger with the money you save.

What I still don't understand: why do we have to order a specific blade colour (as well as Pulse colour and FoC colour) when you can actually configure your custom colours through the Emerald LED Driver?

As it was stated in the videos, these are the "default colors" set on your saber when shipped to you.  Just colors that you would like to have when you first get it.  If you're immediately going to fuss with it when you get it then just pick whatever.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »

All right, thanks Krace ^^ So the former "forum colors" (and BR?) don't need to be resistored anymore because they could theoretically configured right out of the launcher?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:04:05 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »

All right, thanks Krace ^^ So the former "forum colors" (and BR?) don't need to be resistored anymore because they could theoretically configured right out of the launcher?

The new board drives the right amount of voltage.  No more resistors.

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »

Hmm since reading all this yesterday I've been wondering what hilt and options to go with lol. before the emerald driver was announced I was leaning towards a Consular hilt, I think I still will go for that as its pretty much the last saber on my must have list, but having said that there are a couple of other designs that have caught my eye Wink

As for led options I think I have to get the 4-channel RGBW, though im not sure about the switch it to go for an illuminated switch or not and if so what channel to have it on, I must admit that having it always on sounds quite tempting!

Just have to wait now until I see a cool offer or dotd, or until i break and have to have now NOW! - cant wait to see people reviews and pics for this Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: