Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Musicians thread  (Read 31963 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »

Lets start a band!

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »

I just added another trumpet to my collection (i was presented with a deal that was too good to resist), So instead of getting a flugelhorn I bought a roaring twenties Buescher Model 9. Mostly because I can't afford a Martin Committee or a King Silvertone, but its still a pretty damn good horn.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

I just added another trumpet to my collection (i was presented with a deal that was too good to resist), So instead of getting a flugelhorn I bought a roaring twenties Buescher Model 9. Mostly because I can't afford a Martin Committee or a King Silvertone, but its still a pretty damn good horn.

Known for the 'Cat's Meow'. Good score there, Frizz. Any chance you could post some instrument pr0n a photo or two?

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 07:45:37 PM »

My friend has my camera while he is at Camp Post but he is getting back in town pretty soon. The anticipation will make the pictures that much sweeter, will it not? anyway, would you believe that I paid only $84 for it?

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

My friend has my camera while he is at Camp Post but he is getting back in town pretty soon. The anticipation will make the pictures that much sweeter, will it not? anyway, would you believe that I paid only $84 for it?

It will indeed! I never mind waiting!  Grin

Now that's a steal! What are your first impressions?

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »

I've been jamming out to some Pantera and Shinedown today on my guitar. Definitely one of the best ways to put myself in a good mood, especially on a cold and cloudy day like this.

A wise man once said that musicians are healers; that it is our job to ease the pain of others. I wholeheartedly agree with this. Music is a universal language; it speaks to us all no matter our age, race, creed, sex, etc. It binds us and unifies us. The man that said this is Rob Chappers, a truly gifted musician, and a man whose positive attitude and humor can easily cure depression.

Smiley

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:10 PM »

It will indeed! I never mind waiting!  Grin

Now that's a steal! What are your first impressions?

Its better than my Bach, a little heavier feeling, it plays freely, and it has a warmer and more trumpety sound I think than my bach (which has a bit of a dull sound compared to some better horns). but as I play some more I will develop a better feel for how it feels and sounds.

A wise man once said that musicians are healers; that it is our job to ease the pain of others. I wholeheartedly agree with this. Music is a universal language; it speaks to us all no matter our age, race, creed, sex, etc. It binds us and unifies us. The man that said this is Rob Chappers, a truly gifted musician, and a man whose positive attitude and humor can easily cure depression.

Very true, you could hand the same sheet of music to an Italian, a German, a Russian, a Spaniard, a Brit, and an American and they would understand each other without uttering a word.

MolecularAuto80
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »

TROMBONE PLAYERS UNITE! I also play the marching baritone because marching with an extending slide is, well, dangerous to everyone else. Yay brass!

Aeon v2 LE Guardian Blue

Give me light side points so we can make better cookies than the Empire!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2013, 01:23:42 AM »

roaring twenties Buescher Model 9

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Uh... I mean, how nice!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 02:37:42 AM »

We should get a Saber Forum rock band going. Any drummers around?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »

We should get a Saber Forum rock band going. Any drummers around?

My neighbor. lol.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:59 AM »

Get him to register! XD

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 03:03:47 AM »

I doubt I could, haha.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 06:55:12 AM »

I could do drums! I'm pretty decent at it.  Smiley

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 07:16:20 AM »

Wow did I find a nice thread!

and you sir, got a screaming deal!  What I wouldn't give to have a horn like that!

I am a trumpet player too.  Right now, I only have one, but it's quality, rather than quantity in what she is Wink
Bach Artisan Stradivarius Silver with a rose gold bell on the inside and a tulip shaped gold 7C mouthpiece.  Btw, anyone wanting to play swing, jazz, or blues, the tulip shaped mouthpiece is the way to go and I wish I could remember where I got it, what it's called, etc... for you all.  But it's tulip shaped, that's the best I can do, sorry  Embarrassed

I also have a keyboard as I don't have my ranch yet to buy a real piano, it's just a Casio but it's been with me for 14 years and its still going strong so I'm not complaining.  It was one of the first casios with a "touch-feel" keypad.  Basically there's no feedback like a real piano, but it'll pick up if you play it stronger or lighter.  It was a great choice for the price and I'm not complaining.

I am also trying to learn guitar.  I just have a cheapy to practice on right now... looking at a Tele Thin line though when I earn her.

I also play pennywhistle which is quite fun at faires and medieval events and such.  They got a kick out of me playing the "Boondock Saints" theme on my pennywhistle.  I slowed the timing way down, made it sound more like a lament, and once I had a nice crowd I sped it up so their lightbulbs would kick on Wink it was good fun.

the trumpet is my current pride and joy.   It was given to me as a gift by a fellow trumpet player back in my Honor Guard days.  Needless to say I was humbled and shocked when he gave it to me.  The scary part is he got an even nicer one apparently and wanted to hand that one down as someone else had given it to him.  One day, I'll do the same.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: