Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Musicians thread  (Read 31932 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »

MAV is gonna love this thread... especially the first post... Wink

Except, he's abandoned us. So....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 04:41:24 PM »

This is from when I was younger and had more hair!

and a LOT younger!!!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »

We have a lefty in the house! You're a rare breed.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »

For our wedding my wife and I found a friend of a friend who plays classical guitar, and he is absolutly amazing. He played while we were seating the guests and then he played the procession when my wife came down the aisle. I cant remember his name but he was one of the best musicans I've ever met.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »

We have a lefty in the house! You're a rare breed.

Rarer than you think, especially with classical guitar.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »

So, don't kill me but I used to play trumpet and kind of hated it.  Undecided

I also used to play violin and stopped for some reason; I can't remember why because I was really young.

Now I play guitar, bass guitar, and percussion, bass being my main instrument. I freaking love the bass because it's like guitar and percussion mixed together (depending on how you play it).  Grin

I come from a pretty musical family. My Dad plays piano and organ, my Mom plays the flute, piano, and sings, my younger sister sings, and my older sister plays guitar. It's pretty common to hear someone playing the piano in my house.

I used to want to be a professional musician, like my Dad, but after going through the hardships of it with him I decided not to. I also got frustrated because I would be in a number of different bands and none of them were as passionate about it as I was. They didn't want to work, they just wanted to do enough to get by. It drove me crazy. I just hate laziness when it comes to things I'm passionate about, and I couldn't stand the laziness that I found in other musicians.

So right now I just play for fun. I've composed some of my own stuff (like 3 songs), but recently decided to put my attention on becoming a filmmaker. Music is still a part of my life, though, so don't be surprised if there are a ton of film scores in my iTunes library.  Cheesy

Yay music!  Grin

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »

For our wedding my wife and I found a friend of a friend who plays classical guitar, and he is absolutly amazing. He played while we were seating the guests and then he played the procession when my wife came down the aisle. I cant remember his name but he was one of the best musicans I've ever met.

Beautiful. That sounds really special.

I have some recordings on sound cloud that i can link in, if you like?

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »

MAV is gonna love this thread... especially the first post... Wink

Why? Is Mav a trumpet player?

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »

I come from a pretty musical family. My Dad plays piano and organ, my Mom plays the flute, piano, and sings, my younger sister sings, and my older sister plays guitar. It's pretty common to hear someone playing the piano in my house.

You're lucky. The only other person in my family that plays an instrument is my older sister. Well, she used to play an instrument. It was the piano. My parents know nothing about music. I had to explain to my dad what an electric bass is a few years back, and when a Guns N' Roses song came on the radio one time, my mom asked me if that was Freddie Mercury singing. Then another time she referred to jazz music as classical music.

I used to want to be a professional musician, like my Dad, but after going through the hardships of it with him I decided not to. I also got frustrated because I would be in a number of different bands and none of them were as passionate about it as I was. They didn't want to work, they just wanted to do enough to get by. It drove me crazy. I just hate laziness when it comes to things I'm passionate about, and I couldn't stand the laziness that I found in other musicians.

I still want to be a professional musician Cheesy I also know how you feel. When I used to be in a youth orchestra, all of the musicians were split off into three groups. The group that I was in was packed full of lazy people. A ton of them were guitarists with huge egos who showed up for rehearsals having never practiced the material the nights before. It used to drive both me and the conductor insane. Then it would be my job to go sit in a corner with these idiots and teach them their parts.

And thus, I quit about three shows in. I wish I didn't though. That is a huge regret of mine. The season was about to end, and I could have switched to a higher level group if I wanted, but since when do I ever think things through? lol.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »

My parents know nothing about music. I had to explain to my dad what an electric bass is a few years back, and when a Guns N' Roses song came on the radio one time, my mom asked me if that was Freddie Mercury singing. Then another time she referred to jazz music as classical music.

Never has this gif been more appropriate...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:56:10 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »

Never has this gif been more appropriate...

I actually considered replying but didn't know what to say! Lol sorry, Hobbie.  Undecided

It does get annoying, though. Sometimes I just want some peace and quiet!  Cheesy

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »

It's fine. lol.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

Bass trombone represented here! I have a degree in music!  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:26 PM »

Just thought I'd share a couple of lil' things (if this works)

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/last-horizon-written-by-brian?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/cobalt-blues?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/gazs-funkie-improv-01?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/prelude-no-4-in-e-minor?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/minuet-op-11-no-1?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

http://soundcloud.com/skingaz/la-moinerie?in=skingaz/sets/guitar-work

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »

Sooooo here's the thing. I'm a trumpet player. I have two degrees in music. I also play guitar and sing. Piano a little and since i'm a trained band director I do in fact play all instruments. This thread is quite an interesting place.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: