Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Down
Author Topic: The Red Wrath!  (Read 239314 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »

Well, since I can't seem to preview posts to tell if the image embed is working, I've just included the URL instead.

Really nice looking. If I may suggest, some o-rings in the grooves would really emphasise the black elements, I think - it'd look even more like a brand new hilt.

I've kind of gone the other way, in that I currently have the Dark Shock emitter on my Consular, which also works well Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darzoni
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »

Really nice looking. If I may suggest, some o-rings in the grooves would really emphasise the black elements, I think - it'd look even more like a brand new hilt.

I've kind of gone the other way, in that I currently have the Dark Shock emitter on my Consular, which also works well Smiley

What size o-rings do you think would work?  I was trying to figure out how to add some black elements to the main body and I like your suggestion of o-rings.

I got it this week and it's my first Ultra Saber.  I need to devise some kind of shim/colette for the Consular emitter to eliminate the amount of play around the blade (this needs to be done for the stock Shock emitter as well) and also find some kind of long thumb screw to use as the set screw.

BR Shock,  CG Dark Standard Issue v3, GB Aeon LE v2

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2015, 03:02:02 PM »

As long as the blade is seated right on top of the LED and you have tightened the retention screw finger tight, there should be no blade wobble. My ShockLE holds a blade fine. What do you think Darzoni?
Btw your Shock does look really good!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darzoni
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »

As long as the blade is seated right on top of the LED and you have tightened the retention screw finger tight, there should be no blade wobble. My ShockLE holds a blade fine. What do you think Darzoni?
Btw your Shock does look really good!

Oh, it holds the blade fine.  I'm just picky about the gap between the interior of the emitter and the blade.  Definitely going to find some o-rings to add some dark accents to the main body.

That said, the Shock saber with the stock parts looks pretty wicked in Blazing Red because of all the silver reflecting the red.  I'll try to post a picture of the stock configuration all lit up later.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2015, 02:02:34 AM »

^ Ok I hear what you're saying with the gap between the emitter and blade. Sorry I obviously misunderstood.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2035

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:10 PM »

I have an all silver Shock saber myself, probably one of my favorites. In Blazing Red as well I should say Tongue I wanted an all silver hilt/red blade themed saber for this one so and have been wanting a Shock saber for a long time and knew it would suit my Sith costume perfectly and it does

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darzoni
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

Kind of late, work and other projects consumed my time, but here's my LS with the stock parts with the blade in and on.

https://goo.gl/photos/rYbVop3Mz7USpPtC8

CDStarsong
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2015, 03:29:36 AM »

A sith may deal in ABSOLUT, but THIS sith deals in jager.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2015, 04:24:54 AM »

Looks to me like you're doing it right.
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »

A sith may deal in ABSOLUT, but THIS sith deals in jager.

Nice!

Darth Point for you!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2035

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2015, 04:31:06 AM »

Yeah that Shock configuration looks really good. I like the all silver body though hence why I went with a red blade on mine. Wanted something different Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »

Dark Prophecy V3 converted from an
Adegan silver to a blazing red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »

kaanapuchris.  Awesome Sithy costume.  Is that a gas or ventilation mask ?  That red blade illumination looks good and generally is difficult to get from an AS LED.  How did you do it ?  ds point given.  Smiley

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2015, 06:46:32 PM »

It's a simple respirator from Home Depot so ventilation. The silver led was de soldered and resoldered a blazing red in its place. I thought I could pull it off with color disks but I was wrong. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BatteryHound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark Side.

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »

I find the lack of bumps..
Disturbing.

Liberator V2 - Blazing Red.
Dominix LE V3 - Guardian Blue.
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Up