Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Slugthrower Shotgun  (Read 3943 times)
clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 22

Defiantly Onward Into Uttermost Darkness

« on: June 30, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »

Just as a side project to modding my lightsabers, I wanted a prop gun of some kind...so I picked up a NERF Crosscut 2x4, removed the pump action, painted it gloss black as a primer coat, wrapped the handle in leather, and touched up some of the highlight lines with Metallic Finish Rub N' Buff. It was intended to be a sort of improvised, highly illegal slugthrower shotgun for my Gray Jedi character...sadly, I found halfway through that California conventions usually require an orange tip or bright green tip be present on prop firearms. So this project is kind of dead... consider this an open casket funeral.

RIP, Slugcloud 5K.

GB Dominix V3 - Guest Saber
PO Initiate V3 - Girlfriend's Saber
AS Dominix V2 - Defiance/Personal Saber

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure you could get away with that. It's not a very modern looking weapon, very fantasy looking in it's own, so you can kind of tell it's a prop. Either way, I do like the look of it.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

Or you could make something with an orange or green tip that would fit in to one of the barrels, snug enough that it won't fall out on its own and able to be taken out for photos.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »

You would know your own laws better than me, but I would think it should be ok, as long as you do not point it at a cop in the middle of the night. Just to CYA, you might be able to paint the very front of the barrels in an orange. It looks like you have enough flat area there to make it visible enough. Maybe if you look around or mix up an orange that is a compromise between safety orange and rust, it would not ruin the over all look of the blaster too much. If you paint the front orange and do a few small dabs of the silver paint to make the orange look weathered, then the orange becomes part of the blaster and not such an eye sore. Maybe on the planet of Califoricus, blasters are required to have an orange front  Cheesy.

Looks good anyway. I like rub and buff but I always end up getting all over myself!!

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

I just noticed, you can still see the NERF logo on it. That works towards your advantage, because if somebody questions you about the weapon (which I still doubt they will due to the design and style of the weapon), you can just show them that.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

Dude! That is sick! At the very least it could be used for a fanfilm! Heck I could use it.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »

I like it! Maybe as someone said make something that fits into the end that's orange, or something elastic or rubber that fits tight like a cap over the end?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »

Like!

I think you can still make this con-ready with some orange paint or by jamming an orange Nerf dart into the end.  Smiley

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:16:34 AM »

Manny's secret solution for gunslinging at cons: WIRE CAPS. I don't know if there's a more proper name, but they are these little twist caps that go over exposed wiring when you twist two wires together or something. They come in Orange, Yellow, Black, All Sorts of Colors, etc. Just slip the thin end into the barrel and you're good to go! They can wedge in fairly firm without damaging your gun, and you can get a whole big bag for just a couple bucks (literally!). They're also easy to remove when you want, but don't fall out. I used to use them for my vintage toy Han Solo blaster from the 70s so I could Con with it and not wreck it.

I'm tellin ya, a little pack of those buggers will set you right up! SHE LIVES! lol Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 01:35:57 AM »

Manny's secret solution for gunslinging at cons: WIRE CAPS. I don't know if there's a more proper name, but they are these little twist caps that go over exposed wiring when you twist two wires together or something. They come in Orange, Yellow, Black, All Sorts of Colors, etc. Just slip the thin end into the barrel and you're good to go! They can wedge in fairly firm without damaging your gun, and you can get a whole big bag for just a couple bucks (literally!). They're also easy to remove when you want, but don't fall out. I used to use them for my vintage toy Han Solo blaster from the 70s so I could Con with it and not wreck it.

I'm tellin ya, a little pack of those buggers will set you right up! SHE LIVES! lol Grin
they are actually called wire nuts.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 02:21:54 AM »

I stand corrected. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »

Also called a Marette - great idea!  Never thought of that.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »

That is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time!  Point for you, sir.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »

A sawed-off! Yee haa!

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

I say keep at it dude. Looks awesome. Like an outcast kind of gun or something. I agree with everyone else. You could still put like an orange end cap on say the top barrel and you're good to go.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: