Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume Idea for a Grey Jedi/Sith.  (Read 2652 times)
Padawan-Muulov
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 24, 2013, 01:56:29 AM »

My idea for a costume would be a mixture of grey's, blacks, and a little bit of blue. For being neutral in matter between the sith and Jedi, the costume would be mainly grey, accentuated with a touch of blue in certain areas.

However, when going "Dark", the costume take on the black and blue theme, being pulled towards the dark, but fighting to remain neutral.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »

Sounds interesting. How would you achieve this color change? Would it be with interchangable pieces or would it literally change colors (that would be really cool by the way).

I am sure it is the first idea, and would be easy to pull of if you did something like make your tabards and obi reversable. Then you would not have to carry around extra costume pieces at a convention or where ever you are wearing it. I used to do some threater work and you would be surprised how changing a few accent pieces can change the entire look of a costume.

A saber from US with the RGB feature would be a nice addition, too, as you could literal change the color of your saber. Though, that might be too bold. It sounds like you are going for more subtlety, which is a neat idea.

Sounds like an idea worth exploring. Would love to see pictures as you go.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »

MOOD RING CLOTHING!!!!

Padawan-Muulov
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:38:06 AM »

Sounds interesting. How would you achieve this color change? Would it be with interchangable pieces or would it literally change colors (that would be really cool by the way).

I am sure it is the first idea, and would be easy to pull of if you did something like make your tabards and obi reversable. Then you would not have to carry around extra costume pieces at a convention or where ever you are wearing it. I used to do some threater work and you would be surprised how changing a few accent pieces can change the entire look of a costume.

A saber from US with the RGB feature would be a nice addition, too, as you could literal change the color of your saber. Though, that might be too bold. It sounds like you are going for more subtlety, which is a neat idea.

Sounds like an idea worth exploring. Would love to see pictures as you go.

The color change, I have no idea. I could implement the top part to be black and blue to be a separate piece.

As for the saber's, I am considering on getting two Arbiter's, one with blazing red and a Dark Arbiter with Guardian Blue.

The costume would be a mix of Obi Wan's and Anakins mixed into one, though no Idea how to make it happen since I am not good at making any sort of costume.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 06:36:42 AM »

Since you wish to be a Grey Jedi, I see the possiblity for a little more freedom in the design. The Jedi have a very cut and dry look with the tunic, tabards and obi. This is supposed to be their uniform and badge of position. As a Grey Jedi, not following the Order, you could style your outfit anyway you choose. This being said, you can make use of clothing items not usually seen on Jedi. For instance, things like a bathrobe in a plain, solid color could be used as a longer tunic that would not be common in the traditional Jedi look.

Tabards and obis can be made from scraves or just simple strips of cloth. One type of tabard that is not often used is the around the neck type, which can be made as a single long scarf. Even with very basic sueing skills, this is easy to make since all it takes is sewing straight lines.

Pants can be anything you want is solid colors, and boots and a belt can be fashoined out of work clothes items (ie welding boots and carpenters' belts). I think a cool Star Wars costume can be made with little or no sewing skills if you just look around and get creative. The trick to pulling of a Star Wars look (in my opinion) is in the layers of detail. There was an article recently about Luke's pants from the original movie being up for auction. These pants were nothing more than blue jeans that had been bleached. In the movie, you can't even tell bcause there are so many layers to the costume that all work together and make it a whole. The original movie is proof that an ionic look can be achieved with very little.   

Keep your eyes open for simple clothing items and be patient. You will find something that will work. Good luck.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

Since you wish to be a Grey Jedi, I see the possiblity for a little more freedom in the design. The Jedi have a very cut and dry look with the tunic, tabards and obi. This is supposed to be their uniform and badge of position. As a Grey Jedi, not following the Order, you could style your outfit anyway you choose. This being said, you can make use of clothing items not usually seen on Jedi. For instance, things like a bathrobe in a plain, solid color could be used as a longer tunic that would not be common in the traditional Jedi look.

Thats not distinctly true. Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Tott Doneeta, Corran Horn, Ahsoka, Kyle Katarn, and most anyone from the New Jedi Order. Even Revan wore his black battle armor with the mask when he was a Jedi.
Id say that while Jedi traditionally wear robes, they have freedom. But as you said, mix and matching random clothes is actually a great way to come up with a costume, especially a non-traditional Jedi outfit. My Grey Jedi outfit was all black. It was a sleeveless vest w/ hood and shoulder mounted armor (made of plastic and metal paint), with black pants and black Jedi boots and hand wrappings. @Muulov since you want it to be obi-wan + anakins, youll probably wanna head down the traditional robe style, but as you said, the colors of your choosing. If you're having trouble coming up with a concept, Id contact Pindragon http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11643.0

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »

Here's my Jedi costume
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7084.0

Padawan-Muulov
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »

Nice! Mine would be similar to that, but more grey witht e blue trim.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: