Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Scorpion  (Read 99696 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2776

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »

You thought it was smaller than advertised? I nearly crapped myself when I finally saw mine. When I ordered, I thought it was going to be about the size of the Shock is. But then I also thought the Shock was smaller until I got one. Any more I just hope for a glimpse of Emory's hand in the videos to help me gauge the size of a saber. They need hand models.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthKnuckleBuster
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2015, 02:07:35 AM »

Do you guys offer regular customer discounts?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »

Do you guys offer regular customer discounts?

That's a question better asked directly to Emory. Email him:

[email protected]

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2015, 02:49:35 AM »

Given with the black shrouding over the main body and the claw making this more of a Sith-oriented weapon, has anyone inquired about this saber without the shrouding for more of a light-side feel? Or do people basically just shrug and point to the Guardian as the equivalent light-side saber?

I think doing the Arbiter/Dark Arbiter type contrasts would be awesome for the Scorpion.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »

Given with the black shrouding over the main body and the claw making this more of a Sith-oriented weapon, has anyone inquired about this saber without the shrouding for more of a light-side feel? Or do people basically just shrug and point to the Guardian as the equivalent light-side saber?

I think doing the Arbiter/Dark Arbiter type contrasts would be awesome for the Scorpion.

Lord Canterbury was working on a Scorp SE. It looked pretty sharp. Without the claw, and perhaps a substituted Guardian pommel, it could look less sinister in appearance. I took off the claw on mine and subbed the emitter and pommel for a Flamberge emitter and Menace pommel, to help a friend decide if a Scorpion could be shrunk to 12" in length. The spikes and claw definitely lend to the Sith persona of this hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

Whitakker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2016, 04:11:05 AM »

So this beauty is definitely gonna be my eventual saber that I go all-out on: Emerald Driver, Obsidian sound board, the works.  People say that this thing screams Sith, and while that's certainly the case, one could argue that it'd make a very appealing Grey Jedi saber as well.  It's got a nice blend of both Dark and Light aesthetics.  Saw a review of this baby in Sunrider's Destiny, and it looks amazing.  Might go with that color myself.

Aeon v4-- SRD

Wishlist:
Scorpion w/Emerald Driver
Catalyst in Guardian Blue w/Obsidian v3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »

So this beauty is definitely gonna be my eventual saber that I go all-out on: Emerald Driver, Obsidian sound board, the works.  People say that this thing screams Sith, and while that's certainly the case, one could argue that it'd make a very appealing Grey Jedi saber as well.  It's got a nice blend of both Dark and Light aesthetics.  Saw a review of this baby in Sunrider's Destiny, and it looks amazing.  Might go with that color myself.

Just know that this hilt is a bit beefier than the standard Ultrasaber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Whitakker
Knight Officer

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »

Just know that this hilt is a bit beefier than the standard Ultrasaber.

Oh I'm well aware.  The specs say its 14.5 inches without the claw, and since I have a terrible sense of eyeballing, I pulled out a length of tape to get a sense of it.  It'll be big, for sure, but then again I have oven mitts for hands, so I shouldn't have too much trouble.  This baby's too pretty to pass up.

EDIT: I imagine you could save an inch or two, and several ounces by forgoing the standard-issue pommel for something shorter.  Might look into that when I get it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:50:22 AM by Whitakker » Logged

Aeon v4-- SRD

Wishlist:

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »

Oh I'm well aware.  The specs say its 14.5 inches without the claw, and since I have a terrible sense of eyeballing, I pulled out a length of tape to get a sense of it.  It'll be big, for sure, but then again I have oven mitts for hands, so I shouldn't have too much trouble.  This baby's too pretty to pass up.

EDIT: I imagine you could save an inch or two, and several ounces by forgoing the standard-issue pommel for something shorter.  Might look into that when I get it.

He might have meant that it's not just long, but thicker than most, since it has an outer sleeve over the main hilt.

Whitakker
Knight Officer

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »

He might have meant that it's not just long, but thicker than most, since it has an outer sleeve over the main hilt.

Yeah, I saw a review video that had someone take the outer sleeve off.  But like I said, I actually prefer wider, as my hands are quite large.  This little beauty isn't the kind you one-hand, anyway, from the review video I saw.  If I want a spinning saber, I'll grab a Catalyst.

Aeon v4-- SRD

Wishlist:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »

I did. The shroud adds about an extra .125" to the body diameter. The emitter and the shroud section with the horizontal vents are also sizable chunks of metal. I would say it weighs roughly 30% more than the average MHS saber. Like the Archon or Shock models.

Despite the weight however, it is incredibly well balanced for both single and double handed grips.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Naija
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

Peace is a lie.

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:43 PM »

When will this hilt be back in stock? I tried to order the crimson version with emerald driver Sad

Own: Dark Mantis Obsidian v4 - DVA, Crimson Scorpion Obsidian v4 - BR, Azure Reaper Obsidian Lite - GB, Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber - BR (grab bag), Initiate v2 - AS

Wishlist: Raven Obsidian v4 - DVA with AS FoC

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »

When will this hilt be back in stock? I tried to order the crimson version with emerald driver Sad

All in due time. The movie release coupled with Christmas has resulted in a buying spree like I've never seen hit Ultrasabers. If memory serves, it usually takes US anywhere from 4-6 weeks to regain stock of a saber. (BTW I like your tastes.) The website says 3-4 weeks for fabricating, which makes me wonder if they have had to resort to making each saber from scratch to meet order demands. Hope this helps.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Naija
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

Peace is a lie.

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2016, 04:16:33 PM »

All in due time. The movie release coupled with Christmas has resulted in a buying spree like I've never seen hit Ultrasabers. If memory serves, it usually takes US anywhere from 4-6 weeks to regain stock of a saber. (BTW I like your tastes.) The website says 3-4 weeks for fabricating, which makes me wonder if they have had to resort to making each saber from scratch to meet order demands. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to be patient *sigh* lol

Own: Dark Mantis Obsidian v4 - DVA, Crimson Scorpion Obsidian v4 - BR, Azure Reaper Obsidian Lite - GB, Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber - BR (grab bag), Initiate v2 - AS

Wishlist: Raven Obsidian v4 - DVA with AS FoC

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2016, 06:53:38 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to be patient *sigh* lol

You can do it. If the Sith know anything, it's patience. This saber was my first, and I had to wait almost a year before I could afford it. Sooooooooooooo worth the wait. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: