Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Scorpion  (Read 99677 times)
GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »

Trying to make my mind up about this saber, it looks absolutely awesome, but I was wondering if it was comfortable to wield at 14.5 inches, as I plan on getting the Guardian at some point as its one of my favourite saber designs and I have heard comments about that being rather long and heavy and that's shorter than the Scorpion  Undecided

I think it all depends on a person's background to be honest, so the question really is what you are used to.

for me, for example.  I love the Shock LE and many other sleek designs that Ultrasabers has, and it's my plan to have an arsenal regardless.  However, I'm used to a 9 pound 60" sword that had a 14" hilt.  It's a Scottish Claymore.  So for me, heavy grade long blades on a larger hilt are almost a must and I've been debating on the Bellicose, Bane, Overlord, and Scorpion for my first lightsaber.

it all really depends on your background.  For me, with a nice heavy blade, I'm sure I'll enjoy any of those four and have little getting used to, because they are lighter than what I'm used to all around, and their balance is spot on.  I do something cute and tiny, Aeon V3 LE comes to mind, where it's still a nice long hilt, but weighs nothing by comparison from what I've found, and yeah, it'd take me some getting used to for the opposite reasons of most others.

either way though, practice, practice, practice, and you'd be fine with any of them.  Their balances from what I've seen of other's reviews looks amazing regardless of the hilt, and that's the most important part.

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »

That's an interesting point, tbh I still need a lot more practice duelling lightsabers (need to get more friends into it Wink) but I guess the closest thing I have that practice techniques with would be a 40" katana which has a 12 1/2" hilt and that feels very comfortable to wield. so basically when you put it like that length and weight is never really going to be and issue, as you say practice will fix anything Smiley

I am curious to know what you use your claymore for though ? Wink

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

That's an interesting point, tbh I still need a lot more practice duelling lightsabers (need to get more friends into it Wink) but I guess the closest thing I have that practice techniques with would be a 40" katana which has a 12 1/2" hilt and that feels very comfortable to wield. so basically when you put it like that length and weight is never really going to be and issue, as you say practice will fix anything Smiley

I am curious to know what you use your claymore for though ? Wink

My Grandmother's maiden name is Kearney, her mother's was Wallace.  Needless to say, for me "to gruw upp pro-pur Eye needs sum time wit da twoo main blades of Scotland in may hands."  Yeah, I've been working with Claymore and Scottish Backsword since I was 5. 

Now I have a question for you, what do you use your lightsabers for? Wink

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »

Very cool.

Well that's easy, to smite my enemies (well friends and family who dare to challenge me Wink)

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2013, 11:53:33 PM »

Very cool.

Well that's easy, to smite my enemies (well friends and family who dare to challenge me Wink)

nice!  Grin not very Jedi in thought, but nice nonetheless lol

DarkSideBobby
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »

Simple question.... Is this avaiable with the quick release MLS? I like swapping out the colors of the blade

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »

Simple question.... Is this avaiable with the quick release MLS? I like swapping out the colors of the blade

It doesn't list quick disconnect as an option.  I guess you could e-mail them and see if they could add it.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

MEGAmarshallXP
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

Want to get my in either SRD or Emerald green, though I really want the forum colours to be finalised so they can be default options, I get rather confused given the notes etc and how the colour change actually works. But yeah< i think EG would work with this blade quite nicely, especially with a silver or orange AV switch.

Just need the right price now :/

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »

The regular Scorpion needs to be back in stock again. Just saying. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »

Want to get my in either SRD or Emerald green, though I really want the forum colours to be finalised so they can be default options, I get rather confused given the notes etc and how the colour change actually works. But yeah< i think EG would work with this blade quite nicely, especially with a silver or orange AV switch.

Just need the right price now :/

I bet EG would look really cool on the Scorpion.  I would probably go with silver on the AV switch.  Seems like it would complement the green better. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »

I have the guardian and I used to think it was too big and heavy to do cool moves with but now that ive gotten better ( ive had my sabers for over a year now) the guardian is absolutely awsome! the weight and size actually make the saber EASIER to spin hella fast, it just took a lot of getting used to. 

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »

Hey guys

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere by probably Plagueis himself but I feel this is important to add to here as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te30scUSXmA#

there's alot more MHS compatibility to this thing than meets the eye!!  Shocked

needless to say, I think I'm toast.  It looks very cool bone stock, Ultra, you guys have really knocked it out of the park with this one, but man oh man I can't wait to customize it further for my own intentions.  This thing truly is a special kind of beast! 
I so want to give you a million points however I can only give 1...I'll have to come back for another round of points.

I gotta ask, am I the only one who sees this not only as a great Sith Saber but also for Jedi too?  I can't help but see this thing as very "Tales of the Jedi" in style and look.  Adding that to my already preconceived notions of Nautolans being a sort of art-deco/dieselpunk culture... yeah, this thing is awesome.

...now to convince the Lady this is the saber for me, and to see if I can get this baby in time for the raffle  Cool Shocked She is a DotD right now  Grin

Lightside points if any are given

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »

I want one in arctic blue
Smiley

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2013, 09:56:04 PM »

Can't really see the Scorpion as a Jedi saber. For colors for me it would have to be in either BR, VA, DVA, or PO. I still think its too long of a saber for me. Can't imagine one with a 40 inch blade. Those that have a Scorpion already, is it easy to get used to a 19 inch long hilt? Still think it would be awesome to have one especially in VA.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »

Can't really see the Scorpion as a Jedi saber. For colors for me it would have to be in either BR, VA, DVA, or PO. I still think its too long of a saber for me. Can't imagine one with a 40 inch blade. Those that have a Scorpion already, is it easy to get used to a 19 inch long hilt? Still think it would be awesome to have one especially in VA.
Its not that I think it would be good as a jedi saber, I just like arctic blue :3

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: