Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cutting down a blade  (Read 1200 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »

Hey all, not certain if this should go in the Customisation section or not, but I was just wondering this the other day.

Has anyone cut down a US blade? If so, what did you use? I'm thinking of taking one of my blades down to 32 inches or so to see if it's more comfortable for me to wield. At present I'm having trouble with low-hanging lights which make me keep my 'sabre low... and means I clip the floor as often as not Roll Eyes

I don't want to end up with a blade that's cracked and splintered, as my only spare is a 24" blade that's too short for a main weapon. I figure as well that doing any such work on a UE blade is probably a bad idea so one of my standard blades would be best if I was going to do this.

But first, anyone else done this?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

RedSuinit
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

The force is strong with this one. It's over 9000!

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »

Hey all, not certain if this should go in the Customisation section or not, but I was just wondering this the other day.

Has anyone cut down a US blade? If so, what did you use? I'm thinking of taking one of my blades down to 32 inches or so to see if it's more comfortable for me to wield. At present I'm having trouble with low-hanging lights which make me keep my 'sabre low... and means I clip the floor as often as not Roll Eyes

I don't want to end up with a blade that's cracked and splintered, as my only spare is a 24" blade that's too short for a main weapon. I figure as well that doing any such work on a UE blade is probably a bad idea so one of my standard blades would be best if I was going to do this.

But first, anyone else done this?

Yeah, but I tried a few othre things at the same time.

First thing you need to do is to remove the glue and cut the lining down to the right length. If you just try to saw through the whole blade at once you will screw up the film inside. Don't pull the film all the way out though, just far enough that you can cut it to the right length. Since yo want to take for inches of the blade, measure and cut for inches off the film.  Push the film back up into the tube, then cut the tube to the length you want.  then take a 90 degree straight edge and check how straight your bottom edge is in reference to the blade, if its  edge isn't at 90 degrees sand it down until you get it right.  Then seal the end of the lining with glue and let it dry.

"You have failed your highness, I am a Jedi, like my Father before me."

"Basically I am the epitome of bad aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Father, PLEASE! SAVE ME!!!!!!!!"

*SMH*

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: