Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2192479 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12330 on: July 23, 2020, 01:01:51 AM »

I got a Princess during the last 15% sale! Went with a combo of Crimson hilt with Guardian Blue blade, Violet FoC. What is yours?

But after getting and enjoying my Empress and free Initiate, I have been bit. In addition to that Empress, I have in my cart waiting to check out 3 more Stunt sabers that keep changing configuration. At least one for my little daughter (Dark Initiate v4, slotted, w/Bane's Heart), one more for me (Sentinel v5 w/Sun Rider's Destiny), and one.... because if I got to $250 I get free shipping and raffle.... (Initiate v4, slotted, w/undecided color.... torn between Consular Green and Fire Orange).

The struggle is real...

I kept mine simple this time around...it's the golden Princess, but i didn't opt for sound this time.  Purple blade; I went with the 24" blade because this one will be for display only.  It won't be used by anyone.

It's for my wife, to be honest; she died unexpectedly earlier this spring. We'd been together over 25 years, this summer would have been our anniversary.  It's hard to explain and it might not make sense, but getting a saber for everyone else in the family but not for her didnt feel right to me.  She wasn't as big a fan as me and the kids are, but I really think she would have enjoyed having her own saber.  She did like Leia, and purple was her favorite color.   So, when this opportunity came around, I decided to take it.  It'll be kept in my room, in memory of her.  I guess you could say it's something I needed to do for myself.

So now you all know why I lost my mind and bought $2000 worth of lightsabers for Christmas; it's to try and give my kids a happy day when it'll be hard as hell to go through.

And now you all know why I'm not sweating over the issues Ultrasabers is going through.   As long as they get my family's sabers right, the rest is trivial to me.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

cfusionpm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #12331 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:03 AM »

I kept mine simple this time around...it's the golden Princess, but i didn't opt for sound this time.  Purple blade; I went with the 24" blade because this one will be for display only.  It won't be used by anyone.

It's for my wife, to be honest; she died unexpectedly earlier this spring. We'd been together over 25 years, this summer would have been our anniversary.  It's hard to explain and it might not make sense, but getting a saber for everyone else in the family but not for her didnt feel right to me.  She wasn't as big a fan as me and the kids are, but I really think she would have enjoyed having her own saber.  She did like Leia, and purple was her favorite color.   So, when this opportunity came around, I decided to take it.  It'll be kept in my room, in memory of her.  I guess you could say it's something I needed to do for myself.

So now you all know why I lost my mind and bought $2000 worth of lightsabers for Christmas; it's to try and give my kids a happy day when it'll be hard as hell to go through.

And now you all know why I'm not sweating over the issues Ultrasabers is going through.   As long as they get my family's sabers right, the rest is trivial to me.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Stay strong with the Force!

Black Empress - Blazing Red - Violet Amethyst FoC
Crimson Princess - Guardian Blue - Violet Amethyst FoC
Apprentice LE v5 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Silver FoC
Dark Initiate v4 - Stunt - Bane's Heart
Initiate v2 - Stunt - Guardian Blue

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12332 on: July 23, 2020, 01:20:30 AM »

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Stay strong with the Force!

Heh...it's a day-by-day thing, believe me.  But to be honest, the excitement and anticipation from this has been downright therapeutic.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

cfusionpm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12333 on: July 23, 2020, 01:27:01 AM »

Heh...it's a day-by-day thing, believe me.  But to be honest, the excitement and anticipation from this has been downright therapeutic.
Part of my motivation to pick up more is my little one. I only have one so far; a daughter coming up on 20 months. She has been giggling with glee over my sabers, including using some more age-appropriate toys to "battle" me. So the little pink one will eventually be for her, and in the meantime, she's playing with my $20 Walmart ROTJ Luke and OT Vader sabers from the mid 90s when I got them in middle school.  Ever since her, the joy and excitement of others has become one of the most powerful motivators.

I can't even imagine a situation like that. But I'm also only in my mid 30s. Family support always helps!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12334 on: July 23, 2020, 01:31:14 AM »

Part of my motivation to pick up more is my little one. I only have one so far; a daughter coming up on 20 months. She has been giggling with glee over my sabers, including using some more age-appropriate toys to "battle" me. So the little pink one will eventually be for her, and in the meantime, she's playing with my $20 Walmart ROTJ Luke and OT Vader sabers from the mid 90s when I got them in middle school.  Ever since her, the joy and excitement of others has become one of the most powerful motivators.

I can't even imagine a situation like that. But I'm also only in my mid 30s. Family support always helps!

You mean the OG Hasbro line?   LOL...I'm in my mid 40s and I still have mine! 

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=45478.0

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

cfusionpm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12335 on: July 23, 2020, 02:11:26 AM »

You mean the OG Hasbro line?   LOL...I'm in my mid 40s and I still have mine!  

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=45478.0

Yep! Looks like it!
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2940/G2ZHMs.jpg

The Vader even still works! Lights up, clashes, and all. I mean... it's terrible, but it works! Luke's is missing the bulb/battery cover that's supposed to be in the emitter.

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #12336 on: July 23, 2020, 05:50:39 AM »

As much as I know that the people still enduring the long wait for products don't really want to hear it (Or see it, since this is text), I can't help myself.

Been a ten week wait for a couple mystery boxes and they are slated to arrive tomorrow, sometime before 8:00 PM, this feels like Christmas used to feel, Specially since I have no idea what is coming. Long awaited presents are going to be here soon and I almost don't want to sleep.

I am keyed up and twitching back and forth on what I hope to find when I get to open the boxes. I'm not disciplined enough to wait and do a proper unboxing video but I will do pictures when I can. With the array of options available I have all sorts of wishes going on right now, for what is in the boxes, often contradictory ones.

Had to vent somewhere and as I have stated before, the folks here don't think I have completely lost my mind like the people I live with do, so this is a safe place to post/say this stuff.

To all those Jedi waiting...  Trust in the Force. You will get your order. It just may test your patience.

To all those Sith waiting...  Stop breaking stuff, and leave those subordinates alone. I know torture can be rewarding, but you pick the right people and Bob from accounting hasn't had anything to do with this delay. Leave him alone!

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #12337 on: July 23, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »

As far as I know, they don't do partial shipments.   They wait until everything is assembled and ship it all at once.

Hmm, wonder if I could be cheeky and if my mystery box is the hold-up, suggest I don't care which hilt I get as long as they stick sound in it? Wink

Suspect the Spectre will be the delay if anything though.

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #12338 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »

My 12 year old ordered his saber(s) first; I ordered mine to duel with him.  I feel guilty that I got mine already.  So I'm hiding it.  I think I may be more anxious for his to arrive than I was for mine!  It's a good thing that he got a pair, as well, because my wife picked up my Fallen last night and got a really big grin on her face.  😁

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12339 on: July 23, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »

18 lightsabers.   I think I'm at the point now where I need to prioritize my wish list; the ones I want ASAP, and the ones that I can wait on.

But if I ever hit a multi-million dollar jackpot, I'm buying the lot all at once....

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #12340 on: July 23, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »

18 lightsabers.   I think I'm at the point now where I need to prioritize my wish list; the ones I want ASAP, and the ones that I can wait on.

But if I ever hit a multi-million dollar jackpot, I'm buying the lot all at once....
22 and yeah I think I have to prioritize bases on a ranking system

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Maddhatter3
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12341 on: July 23, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »

I'm 2 days away from hitting the 90 day mark.  Ordered April 25th...  The only email response I've received was from Timothy on June 16th, 6 weeks after the initial order, saying their lead time is 4 weeks.  I've gotten no responses to my weekly emails since.

Anyone got a line on other email addresses I can try?

Mandalore_Will_Rise
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12342 on: July 23, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »

Well, it appears that waiting for almost 12 weeks seems to work, got my golden ticket. It may not have been the Dominicide that I had ordered, but at least I am getting something. Should be here Saturday.
Crimson Savior
Choose Your Configuration: Lite Sound
Choose the color of your blade!: Blazing Red
Flash on Clash: Silver
Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration: Standard Setup
Crimson Savior Emitter: With Windows
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Switch Type: Red Illuminated Black AV Switch
Obsidian Lite Sound: Obsidian Lite Soundboard
Quick Disconnect: Nope.
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12343 on: July 23, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »

Well, it appears that waiting for almost 12 weeks seems to work, got my golden ticket. It may not have been the Dominicide that I had ordered, but at least I am getting something. Should be here Saturday.
Crimson Savior
Choose Your Configuration: Lite Sound
Choose the color of your blade!: Blazing Red
Flash on Clash: Silver
Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration: Standard Setup
Crimson Savior Emitter: With Windows
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Switch Type: Red Illuminated Black AV Switch
Obsidian Lite Sound: Obsidian Lite Soundboard
Quick Disconnect: Nope.
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks

Congrats!  The Savior is a nice choice, by the way.  Make sure to take some pics for us!

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #12344 on: July 23, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »

They are here!

Two Mystery Boxes.

First: Bellicose with Short Groove Pommel and Silver A/V Switch in Sunrider's Destiny (I think) without Sound
(Not sure on the blade color but the LEDs are blue and green, and I suspect the Arctic Blue would be Blue and White)

Second: Archon v2.1 with Standard Pommel and Silver A/V Switch in Guardian Blue without Sound

I am thrilled! The hilts are Awesome and ones that I would not have considered buying myself.

But now I Nit-Pick:
They were shipped with Ultra Edge Mid-Grade Blades, I requested Ultra Edge Heavy Grade.
The Bellicose Blade is also slightly bent, though I suspect that that has occurred in shipping.

I can switch out the blades for ones that I have already, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed.
I plan on using the Sabers and I know the Mid-Grades will not hold up to what I intend.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: