Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2197950 times)
RabidFuzzle
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1050 on: May 25, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »

I am tempted right now to order a grab bag just as a way to calm the shakes until my Raven gets here...

"When it comes to our business, I will not ask you who you serve for I do not care. I will not ask you if you are light or dark for it matters not. I will, however, ask you if you can afford my fee as that is the only answer that is of any import."

Points towards neutral are greatly appreciated.

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -65

« Reply #1051 on: May 26, 2012, 12:45:46 AM »

Loved my grab bag! Smiley

Dark Side Points or you perish!
Sabers Owned:
VA Dark Standard Issue v3 Staff with UE initiate blades. "Gemini"
RGB SS Raven UEHG Blade "Hysteria"
SRD Red Liberator with UEHG Blade (Grab Bag) "Holly"
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

RabidFuzzle
Knight Officer

« Reply #1052 on: May 26, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »

Enabler!

"When it comes to our business, I will not ask you who you serve for I do not care. I will not ask you if you are light or dark for it matters not. I will, however, ask you if you can afford my fee as that is the only answer that is of any import."

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

« Reply #1053 on: May 26, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »

It's in my nature.. being a sith and all. Wink

Sabers Owned:
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

RabidFuzzle
Knight Officer

« Reply #1054 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »

About to head home from work. If I end up ordering a grab bag when I get home tonight, I am holding you responsible.

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

« Reply #1055 on: May 26, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »

Fine with me. Smiley

Sabers Owned:
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #1056 on: May 26, 2012, 01:42:28 AM »

Enabler.  Lol.  "Good, good..."

US is a dangerous place for me.  I can't see myself getting a saber without every bell and whistle available.  I might be able to hold back on getting RGB.  Maybe.  I'm waiting for my wife's Graflex LE (first order) and I haven't even ordered one for myself yet.  Trying to talk her into letting me order one for myself on Fathers Day.  Her birthday's in early July so i'm giving her the option to have her's early if it shows up early (first order, so i don't know how long they take, but i hear things move fast, and i know they're at a con right now).

My first is going to be a Consular, Blazing Red, UltraEdge, Obsidian w/ red AV switch, Silver Flash, Quick Disconnect, Nickel plating.  Eventually gonna get a green MLS (for my "Light" days), Dark War Glaive emitter with Silver claws, and an Archon pommel.  Patiently awaiting permission from "She Who Must Be Obeyed" because i can't sneak anything that awesome into the house...

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #1057 on: May 26, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »

Personally, I prefer Blazing red in the standard blades as you get less ambient light interference on the blade. With ultraedge the color washes out slightly with any source of light nearby as the blade is white and not clear thus reflecting a portion of the light off the blade and covering up some of the color. If your wife's is in UE and you get a standard blade (either midgrade, which stands up just fine for dueling... trust me  Wink, or heavy grade, if you prefer a heavier feel) then you can compare which you prefer. I do think that for videos or pictures, while nearly the same, UE shows up more movie like, but in person besides the blue hues like GB, AB, maybe SRD and DVA sometimes, standard gives you a richer color to the blade. just something to think about for BR since that is a sith color. I have the Prophecy RGB and I first ordered an UEHG blade but have since replaced that with a Standard midgrade blade and I LOVE it.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #1058 on: May 26, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to be doing a little camera work with mine when i get it.  Mostly making an avatar and one video i have an idea for.  But i guess since the blades can be swapped between the hilts, i can just get a regular blade on mine (as you suggest) and change it out as needed.  Probably gonna get a Mid Grade for the Consular after reading your advice.

I don't have anyone to really duel with other than my wife and she has NO martial training whatsoever, as opposed to me who started taking a martial arts weapons class (naginata) at the age of 3 and continued on with various schools (karate, jeet kune do) through high school.  So while i'm rusty (because high school was more than a decade ago), i get bored with her technique of swinging once or twice and locking blades.  I'll probably start teaching her a little basic swordsmanship, but i doubt we'd need more than Mid Grades for that.  My brother's got about the same experience as her, but he's a little more interesting when he fights.  Unfortunately i don't know how much (if any) interest he has in dueling or getting a worthy saber.  My son's 19 months old and fights like my wife, but more sneaky like.   Cheesy

My second saber's gonna be a grab bag with a Heavy Grade though.  Mostly for my own solo training so i don't have to worry about scuffing the hilt if i lose my grip or banging the living dren out of the blade on some unforseen object (because i can swing pretty hard).

Thanks again for the input.  Very useful info.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Hake Felflame
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

Mad Warlock

« Reply #1059 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »

Just pulled the trigger on a VA Phantasm Initiate v3. Already got a named picked out for it and brainstorming some customization ideas. I think three orders in the span of five weeks is enough of a drain on my bank account for the time being. o_o;

CG Dominix v3 LE - "Voltai"
VA Phantasm Initiate v3 - "Catlissa"
Saberforge Dark Lord Relic (NB) - "Sloofum"
Saberforge Gladius - "Belgrave"

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #1060 on: May 30, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »

I hear you on that one Hake!  I already had two in less than a week......and I am currently sitting here making out my wishlist and strategically looking at holidays Smiley  These sabers are just too awesome!  I feel like a giddie kid all over again!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1061 on: May 31, 2012, 04:13:40 AM »

Impatiently waiting on my grab bag lol. It't my first saber and its not even out of processing but I'm looking for my next one  Roll Eyes It's ok though cause I just got hired at my new job. Woohoo!!!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

« Reply #1062 on: May 31, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »

Congrats JediShadow!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1063 on: May 31, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »

Thanks!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

« Reply #1064 on: May 31, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

Be sure to post pics of your saber when you get it.   Like I stated earlier, I got a red anodized liberator v2 with GB UEHG blade and LOVE IT!  The heavy blade is awesome on it, gives it a little more weight.  It just felt like F O R E V E R for it to get here, since I live on the east coast. 

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA