Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Home Made Lightsabers  (Read 16526 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »

I got looking at a certain build of mine and want to post the link here Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=10123.0

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »

If you were talking about mine, thanks!  I like to think I lean towards the light side.
point given!

and Ben, had a quick look over your thread, I like! Its amazing how some everyday items suddenly come together with a bit of creativity to make a saber!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Stephen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

Jedi of all trades, Master of none.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »

I should say so! Very well done. Any plans to put some proper electronics in that saber?

Thanks for the complements!

No, I will probably leave that one as is.  I have another flash unit that I will eventually convert.  I plan to order Grab Bag sabers every once in a while until I get something I don't like.  Then I will pull the electronics and put them into the next flash unit conversion.  I have some new ideas for the next one.  I do plan on using plastidip  (http://www.plastidip.com) for the grips again, but I am going with different design.  It is pretty cool stuff.  You can pick it up at a hardware store.  For the coating I did on the above saber, I taped it off where I didn't want the rubber and dipped it into the solution.  I filled a tennis ball can part way, then the handle displacement raised the level up enough to cover the grips.  Don't forget to tape off the bottom of the tube to keep it from getting inside.  Then I peeled the tape off and it left the uncovered places.  I left the tape on too long, so the edges aren't as clean as I would have liked them to be, but it is good enough.

Stephen
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »

Anybody ever make their own lightsaber? Post a pic or three.

Here's mine.

It's no Ultra Saber, but i think it turned out pretty good. Grin

I like the lights.  I have seen a few on here with the lit activator and internal lights.  Pretty cool!

Stephen
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »

Here's a couple of mine

The Arbitrator: First PVC I ever made.

Conviction

Very cool.  Love the pommel on the Arbitrator.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »

Haha thanks! I basically use what I have, I'd love to do a flash handle hilt sometime... Seems appropriate

GilNarmor
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 03:48:02 AM »

Here's my current project, It's a sink tube, but I'm trying to be ambitious and making it really nice.
Here's what I've got so far:

Overall shot, eventually I'll replace the e-tape with shrink tubing for a smoother, more finished look, but the grip rings are built up using etape and are staying.

Close up of activation box and the emitter.

It's really compact, but I'm pretty confident that I can get what I want into it. It unscrews just below the activation ring too, so easy access for assembly and charging (I'm thinking one Li-Ion AA sized battery for power)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »

This makes me want to get parts for a nice prop. =] I think I already have one but people at TCSS didn't approve of it because of the crappy out come of the hilt and such so I never really bother to post it. Its a Graflex style hilt prop but I like it anyway. Might use it for my costume and such. I'll post pictures if I can find it. Even got the Graflex style activation box too. I think you guys might like it. Its full sink tube and such. Drilled the activation box on so it stays on nice and tight. I got the emitter design idea from the SI saber because I liked it. Might do some more work to the prop too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 09:59:45 PM »

Here is my new prop sink drain saber and my prop blaster.

And I am not just a horrible painter, I did some weathering.

Dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »

Here is my OLD first ever prop. its Graflex styled. I liked the end result but I don't know why no one else didn't. They were just being mean really. So I hope you guys like it. I actually liked how there were some deep scratches on the hilt. Kind of a cool accident thing again. The entire hilt is sink tube but the rest of the extras. Go easy on me because this was my first attempt at a saber prop years ago. Lol. I think I did this like 3 years ago maybe?

The entire hilt:

How I designed the upper grip and with O-Rings on the bottom:

Close up of the emitter design:

And the activation box and D-Ring clip:

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »

I actualy like it!

Dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »

This will be for my costume then. =] Just gotta find a D clip.

GilNarmor
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »

Just one more picture, took one of my Initiates and used it to simulate the finished product. I intend to do this saber in green however.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »

Cool home made saber. I really like the design and the blue blade matches it pretty good. I thought it was just a static prop at first. I'd LED mine up but I think its too small on the ID. Could be wrong though. Plus I think its too short anyway. So it'll just remain a static prop.

GilNarmor
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

The sink tube I has a slightly smaller ID than MHS parts, but not by much, it's 1 1/8" inside as opposed to the MHS' 1 1/4" ID. It's going to take some time and patience, but I'm making this a sound build, using the ultimate fx hasbro board.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: