Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: So the Devil jumped on hickory stump...  (Read 53622 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »

Well well...I am not against groups but it does defeat the idea of an easy to decipher performance...

but on page one of the game rules...

"*The cases of videos with lots of backup instruments should be rationalized by the voters...give credit to the main artist/musician and not all the backup and supporting efforts.*"

So in the future if more than one performer is presented, then note which part of the whole is to be considered  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »

That's Roland's signature. Plus, he is Swedish, so English is not his first language. Also, this was shot in the morning when everyone was barely awake, haha. Still, I love them, and I wouldn't have chosen anyone else even if it meant losing because of it Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »

Well the rules skirting aside  Smiley  I liked both nearly equally for nearly the same reasons but Shinedown did more with less.

So in this case considering the acoustic small venue duel I will vote for Shinedown.

If it was an vocal duel I would still go with Shinedown.

And there you go  Smiley

May the voting be fast and furious!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »

Oh well. Also, the vocals were toned down since it was an acoustic performance. He has a very powerful voice. I also didn't really notice any moaning going on....

But in any case, keep voting Smiley

Also, I agree with Rel. Band performances aren't really the best idea, haha.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:46:54 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »

SS gets my vote. I really don't like Shinedown.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »

SS gets my vote. I really don't like Shinedown.

HUZZAH.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »

I probably should have mentioned that Brent was the main focus, for this. Sorry. Tongue

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »

I probably should have mentioned that Brent was the main focus, for this. Sorry. Tongue

Brent was actually on this classic rock station last night as I was getting home from college.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:33:22 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »

Brent Smith and Zach Myers of Shinedown
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyNPfddEW0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyNPfddEW0</a>

or

Sonic Syndicate
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxG-26N_Ffc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxG-26N_Ffc</a>

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »

Shinedown 2

Sonic Syndicate 1

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2012, 08:12:43 PM »

I totally forgot to mention this, but since Brent was the main focus, I think I should have picked a video that showcased Roland's vocals a bit better. I was just going for an acoustic performance. Oh well. Maybe next time when we have another vocalist duel Smiley Which I don't think will be for a while since we just did two vocalist duels almost in a row.

Actually, if it's okay, I do want to change the video. Sorry, I'll stay out of the next few rounds. Was planning on doing that anyway. But, um, here...

(Song starts at 0:47, ignore the stupid intro)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvRQFmNlyM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvRQFmNlyM</a>

If this isn't okay to do, feel free to take it down.

I don't mind if I lose, but I just wanted to make things a bit more... fair, I guess.

*bows out*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:43:42 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:24 AM »

I don't know if it's my speakers or what(could be, they're not the best), the TV's too loud, or the audio is crap on that video, but I didn't understand a word of what he said.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2012, 01:52:43 AM »

I don't know if it's my speakers or what(could be, they're not the best), the TV's too loud, or the audio is crap on that video, but I didn't understand a word of what he said.

I can hear it just fine  Undecided Oh well. It's hard to find a good video of them.

Shinedown is most likely going to win anyway.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:57 AM »

Ok the only right thing to do at this point is to declare Shinedown the winner...by more votes and default.

It is just a silly game but the rules were clear, submit a video/pic with notes of who we were to focus on...not sure why a second entry was considered ok?

But this is not the average forum...our forum is full of buddies.

So we move on.

But let us review...

the idea of the challenge is one person's performance against another person's performance...instrument vs related instrument...voice vs voice...if there is a duet then note which aspect we are to focus on...bands and such are right out.

That said...I was thinking that an exception would be a chorus or other vocal group that combined voices to create a single application.

A chorus is not a couple people singing together but rather a well oiled machine of complimenting vocal efforts.

So single purpose efforts, no standard bands (singer, guitar, bass, drum, etc.), and once committed to a video it is what it is (if the video link is broken or you do not like it or you wanted another...repost another PRIOR to one single vote being cast).

Moving on guys...with our silly little game Smiley

No hard feelings, no need to pass on playing, let us just keep it going guys  Cheesy

I will start the next round...so here we go!

The next challenge is violin, I have chosen Lindsey Stirling, in this video it is a finished production piece with some dub drops and electronic rhythm...I ask that only her violin performance and musical artistry be considered...and yes there are some truly amazing violin players out there...I am challenging you to find one, get a decent video, and post it.

Lindsey Stirling...violin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI</a>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:23:26 AM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2012, 03:34:17 AM »

And let us remember that winning or losing in this game forum does not mean your musical choices are bad or wrong...it means pretty much nada...just that one had more votes than the other...like what you like  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: