Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: They're bringing Vader back? DO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAANT!  (Read 17868 times)
Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 06:40:24 AM »

I. I don't know how I feel about this. I could see him being a Force Ghost like he was at the end of episode VI...but.....he's supposed to be dead. So, I hope to the Force that they stray away from that path.

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

[Malak, that dude from ToR - I don't play the game, Vader, Revan[?], Grievous].

You have a point, while Malgus and Revan aren't cyborg like, I see the whole suit theme. And you could even look as far as the non-cannon DLC of Lord StarKiller.
I would be all for a sith return in VII, however I want the sith to be similar to the sith from the Old Republic Era. Where the rule of two didn't exist and there were thousands of sith and a whole Empire.

Alternatively, make the antagonists Mandos or something, take a whole new direction with the villain aspect. Even something like the Death Watch ark from TCW (I said it, don't hurt me, I enjoyed it)

I really, REALLY hope they don't bring back Vader as a character (this does not exclude dreams/visions/flashbacks etc), I feel as though it will give all of those "Phantom Menace was terribad, so Star Wars is uber terribad" critics (whom are in my top 3 hated types) something else to complain about and make irrational judgements.

ALSO With the death of James Earl Jones it is going to be risky changing Vaders voice to something that will be accepted by the fans (that is being generous and assuming that the Rise of Vader will be accepted in the first place.)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:58:52 AM by mcnaughtonM » Logged

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »

ALSO With the death of James Earl Jones it is going to be risky changing Vaders voice to something that will be accepted by the fans (that is being generous and assuming that the Rise of Vader will be accepted in the first place.)

Ummm.... James Earl Jones isn't dead.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »

*nods sagely* Yep. It's Sebastian Shaw, the Ep VI Anakin who's dead. Prowse and Jones are still alive and kicking. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »

Ummm.... James Earl Jones isn't dead.

Well this is awkward, I could have sworn I had heard something about his passing.

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 03:22:57 AM »

Prowse is supposed to be at Niagara Falls Comic-Con

http://niagarafallscomiccon.com/celebrities.php

ScorchMark
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

Well, in addition to the new trilogy - they are also making a few stand alone films. So far they have plans for a film about Boba Fett, and another about Han Solo... who knows when they take place? Could be that they will be before Vader's death and thus he will play a role in those two films.

I'd love to see an old Fett, perhaps as Mandalore in the future.... too bad Disney already said they were scrapping the entire EU.

ScorchMark is my handle because I like to see the galaxy in the flames of war

Darth Morbus is my name, I am Sith

May the dark side guide your blade.

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »

ah, EU....all the perfect materials for 3 new episodes....hink about the new jedi order, the clone of Palps even the fleet that Thrawns commanded...tons of good scenario to work from....
I just hope they won't get into reinventing something after episode6......it would be the death of it....

Student/ instructor at Academie Duello, school of Swordplay
FDC basic certification, safety and technique of the stage fight
Studied, German and Italian fencing schools
Dedicated to long sword, side sword, rapier and...Lightsabers!

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

too bad Disney already said they were scrapping the entire EU.

Wait wait.  When did they say that?   Link?   I know they said they aren't using EU books/comics for Ep VII, but that doesn't mean they're just totally scrapping the EU. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »

not using the EU is already a big mistake.....but not taking ANYTHING from it is even dumber.....Really talented writters gave us that wonderful universe to keep on with the Force, why not using it?

I doubt they will write a better scenario than those in the novels....1st it's Disney...which will mean, childish most probably, 2nd if they don't follow a minimum the EU they will hit a wall of hate and lapidation from the fans, and it will be a huge failure for sure....
Id Buena Vista is just the producer and someone  competent direct those 3 new episodes, then maybe....But still, I am worried this wonderfull story and universe will go to sewers if they deceive the fans....

Just a poster I have seen shows a R2D2 and a young guy next to him with a south america style pyramid.
That could totaly be the New Jedi Academy Luke find prior to the events of Kyle Katarn but a child....?
I don t know if this poster is official or fan made....
antone would now?

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »

not using the EU is already a big mistake.....but not taking ANYTHING from it is even dumber.....Really talented writters gave us that wonderful universe to keep on with the Force, why not using it?

I doubt they will write a better scenario than those in the novels....1st it's Disney...which will mean, childish most probably, 2nd if they don't follow a minimum the EU they will hit a wall of hate and lapidation from the fans, and it will be a huge failure for sure....
Id Buena Vista is just the producer and someone  competent direct those 3 new episodes, then maybe....But still, I am worried this wonderfull story and universe will go to sewers if they deceive the fans....

Just a poster I have seen shows a R2D2 and a young guy next to him with a south america style pyramid.
That could totaly be the New Jedi Academy Luke find prior to the events of Kyle Katarn but a child....?
antone would now?

Probably, almost certainly, fan made.  I don't think they've even started filming yet, much less made any promotional stuff. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

ScorchMark
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »

Sorry mate, don't have a link. I shouldn't say they are scrapping it completely... they are not burning books or anything... But what I read was basically that they are ignoring it to make the films... as in there will be no mention of anything from the books and there might even be contradictory elements or themes.

I'm sure the books will probably continue (perhaps as an alternate timeline? bleh)

I wish they would make some stuff with Thrawn.

I'm no expert, I would pleasantly surprised to see the new movies nestled right in between certain books... maybe not focusing on the subject matter but at the least not throwing the whole source material out of balance. And who knows with the number of star wars rumors out there >_>

On the plus side Lucas has never accepted the EU as canon, claiming that any visual licensed work takes precedence.

ScorchMark is my handle because I like to see the galaxy in the flames of war

Darth Morbus is my name, I am Sith

May the dark side guide your blade.

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »

antone would now?

Well you are supposed to start the training as a "Youngling"...
so new Jedi temple with "Younglings" around should not be a big shocker...

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »

Yup, and to be honest with you Oramac, I pray it's a fan made....cause jumping from Ep6 to Luke/Mara kids...well, it's simply pointing that the target will be kids only ( ep1 failure...argh)
like the kid novels about the latest jedi order, about the Solo and Skywalker kids and stuff.
I ve read few and god it's bad, if you're not 12 .....

Please Disney , don't kill our favorite legend with those next 3 movies.......or your head will fall ^^

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »

Sorry mate, don't have a link. I shouldn't say they are scrapping it completely... they are not burning books or anything... But what I read was basically that they are ignoring it to make the films... as in there will be no mention of anything from the books and there might even be contradictory elements or themes.

I'm sure the books will probably continue (perhaps as an alternate timeline? bleh)

I wish they would make some stuff with Thrawn.

I'm no expert, I would pleasantly surprised to see the new movies nestled right in between certain books... maybe not focusing on the subject matter but at the least not throwing the whole source material out of balance. And who knows with the number of star wars rumors out there >_>

On the plus side Lucas has never accepted the EU as canon, claiming that any visual licensed work takes precedence.

Well , what bugs me here is that the EU is way more interesting and deep than the world he envisioned for the Ep4,5,6.
Maybe he is jealous since the Thrawn trilogy, or the clone of Palps stories are way more epic than anything else shot on screen at that time.
Yes, a story that could fit between the books would be great, leave freedom for the scenario and be a great addition.

Think about it for a minute:

who wouldn't love to se "I Jedi" put on screen?
That crazy Coran guy? I do!!!
Same for many of those, but one restriction happen: Luke/Mark is old now and may not be used to represent him older...Which could almost work if you ignore the timeline of EU.
But again, bringing back stars like Harrison Ford and such may cost tons of money......
I just hope they won't ignore totaly the EU......

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: