Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: They're bringing Vader back? DO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAANT!  (Read 17874 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »

You know, I think it might actually be interesting if we didn't see any Sith in VII. I know it seems odd, but really, haven't the Sith sort of been done.... repeatedly.... yeah. Don't get me wrong, I DO wanna see the Sith return in the ST. Just not until Episode VIII. I wanna build back to them. See their absence. Heck, maybe even see a Dark Jedi or self proclaimed Sith (sort of like Ventress before she met Dooku) instead of a Sith taught in the True Rule of Two Lineage. I'd like to see some acknowledgement of the Prophecy being fulfilled, and actually SHOW instead of alluding to a gap in the existence of the Sith. I always felt if the Sith returned post Jedi, it needed to be a completely new order disconnected from the old. It's members having to scrounge up lost teachings and reassemble an order from the scraps.... as Luke had to. No official anything, just pieced together, with the gaps filled in with whatever they think up. In fact, they should have a couple major differences compared to the old Sith. Perhaps there should be more than two, or only one. Perhaps they should have a nicer goal of somekind than ruling or destroying everything. Perhaps a meaner one. Something to drastically separate them from their Predecessors. Cool

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:20:34 AM »

Yeah, I think the main darkside villain for Episode 7 should be a wannabe-Sith like Tavion Axmis from the Jedi Knight Series.

What if the suit is being reintroduced.

Vader is not a suit. Vader is a man. A man who was and became again the Jedi Anakin Skywalker, who found rest, whose legend is over. Anybody else in Vader's suit is not Vader, he's a crappy cosplayer.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »

honestly, I think the worst thing to do would be to have a villain we've all seen before. Don't make the movie one of the old movies, make it new. I like that some old characters will show up, but I don't want them to be the main point. Let Vader be dead, let Anakin stay redeemed, and show us that the new republic has made progress. Then from some corner of darkness have some cult of crazy fanatical people try to undermine them, or try to capture some long forgotten legendary thing that has all but slipped into myth, then show that it was real and the new heroes don't know what to do so they ask Luke and Han and Leia for help. They use some influence and knowledge to get them started, get out of a little pickle themselves (fans will enjoy seeing they still have what it takes) but then let the new heroes do the rest. They struggle, but find something the badguys didn't know about the machine/weapon/thing and they use it to stay one step ahead. Excitement ensues, we get to see some practical, if less traditional, uses of the lightsaber (Luke uses it to clear brush away a few times, or once Han disables a ship with one in the Thrawn books) perhaps an unlikely romance sparks, but nothing stupid or overly physical, or strange like in the PT... Please make it something endearing if we're to go there, cute and innocent. You don't have to resurrect an old villain to do that. I think that would be suicidal really.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »

Isn't it obvious...?!

Darth Vaul...  Grin

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

jjpprob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »

I'd like to weigh in by pointing out that the Express is a UK tabloid which absolutely revels in making stuff up. They do report things which're true too, but a large amount of the content of their paper is fabricated. I'm not saying it's definitely not going to happen, but even if it was, really, if you were the guy leaking it, which paper would you go to? One with a good reputation, in the US (considering that very few people will yet know the plot of the new films I'm willing to bet they're all in the US), or one in the UK, which is known to be unreliable? I think it highly unlikely that this has come from anybody in the know.

Sabers I own:
Arctic Blue Aeon v3 Stunt

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »

I'd like to weigh in by pointing out that the Express is a UK tabloid which absolutely revels in making stuff up.

Finally, someone who weighed in on the source of the information. It pleases me to read that the Express is a tabloid. Sources of information are crucial, and knowing this will help me sleep better at night (not that I lost sleep over this, but...)

Point for pointing that out, jjpprob!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

I hate to say "I told you so.."

Good thing you can't Roll Eyes

no

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »

I saw one story arc that has the Dark Side cloned versions of Luke and Vader. And Luke eventually kills them bolth. He cuts the clone Luke in half during a dual and then dispatches clone Vader as Vader is about to kill Mara. It's all speculation currently. But an interesting idea. Personally they should leave Vader dead and do a cross over trilogy moving from the Star Wars we know and love , to the tales of our Hero's kids.

dark side points please

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »

They already cloned Vader once (in Galaxy of Fear: Clones). I sincerely doubt that they'll do it again.

Personally they should leave Vader dead and do a cross over trilogy moving from the Star Wars we know and love , to the tales of our Hero's kids.

That's the SW a lot of us already know and love Wink

no

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »

Finally, someone who weighed in on the source of the information. It pleases me to read that the Express is a tabloid. Sources of information are crucial, and knowing this will help me sleep better at night (not that I lost sleep over this, but...)

Point for pointing that out, jjpprob!

Wait, they had a source? Oh yeah didn't think so.  Grin

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

Doxyc
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »

I think bringing Vader back would be a wrong move for Disney, especially looking at the replies to this post and realizing that nobody thinks it's a good idea unless it's a different person behind the mask or as a vision/ ghost/ flashback, etc. I feel as though any hope of Vader returning died along with Vader himself, the cremation was an overkill probably telling any future owners of Lucas Arts/Starwars, that they should keep him peacefully dead. lol Anyone know when these films are coming out?

Don't be afraid of the light, Darkness is not born out of Darkness.
-Dominix V3 LE: Dark Violet Amethyst, w/ Blue Illuminated AV.
-Dominix V2: Guardian Blue.
-Dominix V2: RGB.
-Aeon V2: Sunrider's Destiny.
Dark points would be very much so appreciated.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »

Anyone know when these films are coming out?

2015 for VII.

no

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »

According to a time line in the "Star Wars Encyclopedia" When Luke attempts to re-open the Jedi Accadimy it creates enough of an imbalance in the force
which enables the dark side of the force to exert a strong almost possession like influence on the fraternal Twin Children of Han Solo and Leia Organa.

Should they want to give new life to the coolest suit of all movie history, Luke could start having issues with the death of Anikin, or even the dark side could push him into a kind of psychosis making him obsessed with the suit and his father's life and death...

Luke in the suit/mask as his vision in the dark cave had fore shadowed only the time line was adjusted.

after all Luke's training could be called "half assed" at best...
 Vader created balance by destroying both the Jedi and the Sith... leaving Luke, he could use both light and dark sides, light by choice, dark to beat Vader then he could turn it off when offered the power of the sith. 1 that can control it all is balance. Anikin/Vader actually succeeded as the Chosen one.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 05:45:56 AM »

Guys, guys, guys, and girls, let's not get our Bantha harnesses tangled.

Maybe it will just be a flash-back of sorts.

Or, Anakin / Darth Vader has some clone samples stashed away somewhere that no one knew about which while could make sense just seems like a lame-move in not wanting to create new and original characters.

Actually, and I think this is a bit interesting albeit off-topic, but it seems that almost all of the main villains of the games, as of present, are evil half-robot baddies with face-masks.
[Malak, that dude from ToR - I don't play the game, Vader, Revan[?], Grievous].
It's just sort of a thing to let the audience know "yeah, that's the bad guy".

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 06:04:32 AM »

A big fat no. He's had 6 episodes, time to move on!
I think even force ghosts will be a bit too cheesy

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: