Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: They're bringing Vader back? DO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAANT!  (Read 17870 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« on: November 13, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

Let's say, everybody, together:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »

I seriously doubt they will do this, there must be some spectacular miracle exceptions in the new script.

I agree, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Logically though he can't, Luke burned his body.

They could, I guess, have Vader pull a Palps and jump into another body but Vader found his redemption and died in piece. He doesn't have the kind of hatred and power that enabled Palps to body jump.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

Anakin's legend has been told, from the beginning to its logical end. The only role I can see him returning in is Force ghost, as Anakin.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

Rumor Patrol: Will Darth Vader Return in ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′?

The wait for every major movie is fraught with a number of exciting, dismaying, and even outright bizarre rumors. There’s no bigger movie on the horizon than Star Wars: Episode 7, and just as you’d expect, it seems that every new day we hear rumors that run the gamut from thought-provoking to ridiculous.

With a writer confirmed for the new, Disney-owned trilogy, the time has come for these rumors to turn toward plot details. The last day has seen a particular piece of gossip as huge as it is improbable – sources say that Star Wars: Episode 7 will see the return of one of the most iconic fictional villains of all time, Darth Vader.

The wait for every major movie is fraught with a number of exciting, dismaying, and even outright bizarre rumors. There’s no bigger movie on the horizon than Star Wars: Episode 7, and just as you’d expect, it seems that every new day we hear rumors that run the gamut from thought-provoking to ridiculous.

With a writer confirmed for the new, Disney-owned trilogy, the time has come for these rumors to turn toward plot details. The last day has seen a particular piece of gossip as huge as it is improbable – sources say that Star Wars: Episode 7 will see the return of one of the most iconic fictional villains of all time, Darth Vader.

If the films’ creative team decides to reintroduce Vader as an antagonist, all bets are off. Bringing Vader back from the dead as the new trilogy’s heavy almost completely unravels the thematic arc of the previous films. This move would be seen as cynical and repetitive, grabbing lamely at the iconography of the first films in lieu of any new and original ideas. Such a development could spell disaster, and in light of the talent being brought to bear on this project, I highly doubt that it will come to pass.

Instead, it seems much more likely that Vader’s proposed return will be in a guiding capacity – perhaps as a Force ghost, much like Obi-Wan Kenobi after his own death. If rumors of a new generation of Skywalkers/Solos prove true, then it would make sense (and provide stronger ties to the first six films) for Anakin Skywalker to guide his descendants from beyond the veil of death. This would maintain the arc of Anakin’s fall and redemption while also providing a launching point to explore the deeper mysteries of the Force.

No matter the ratio of truth to nonsense in this rumor, it shows just how much interest remains in the Star Wars property. Hopefully, we’ll hear some official confirmation or denial soon, if only to calm our restless imaginations.

Source: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-darth-vader/

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »

Yeah.... no Vader. I'm not buying that one. lol Disney wouldn't be that stupid, and I REALLY hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to have an Ani Ghost. If you want a new Kenobi style figure, the ghost or person has to be Luke, and Luke has to be Hamill. No two ways about that. This Sequel Trilogy has NO need whatsoever to tie in to the Prequels, and I'll be real disappointed if they press that. The tie in should be to the OT, which would naturally connect to the PT on its own. It's a 1-2-3 set of Trilogies, and that's how it should go. Not 2-1-3. True it's being released 2-1-3.... but it still VIEWS 1-2-3. Wink

The only conceivable way I could see the return of Vader would be if Palps cloned him, and then PALPS jumped into the clone body after ROTJ..... but I still find that do be far fetched and I doubt very much I'd enjoy seeing it. Now perhaps if Vader was seen in a flashback.... that would be different.

Oh, and really, that line in the original article about 'industry insiders say' reeks of shoddy journalism to me. I mean, it just screams pot stirrer. Either some anonymous tipper is stirring the pot, or the writer is, but there's no way there's a legit source behind that. Remember too that this is Star Wars... when they filmed Empire, Hamill didn't know the real ending until literally the minute before he shot the scene. They wouldn't let something like this leak.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »

My thoughts exactly too. Anakin Force Ghost= YES. Darth Vader= NOOOOO.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »

The only conceivable way I could see the return of Vader would be if Palps cloned him, and then PALPS jumped into the clone body after ROTJ.....

Old Flabby did not find rest, he possessed a will to live on - yet he had his own set of clones. Anakin found rest, and there's no way he's coming back except as Force ghost.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

I'll believe this when I see it... I firmly believe that not even Disney would resurrect Vader - at any amount of promised cash-money.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »

If they did it in a tasteful way, it could work. i.e In flashbacks, or dreams. Or as just a hallucination of Luke's caused by the real villain in an attempt to drive him mad, type of thing.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »

I hate to say "I told you so.." but...

If this is true, it's goig to suck. Lips sealed

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »

What if the suit is being reintroduced.  Remember that Mara and Luke both said Jacen Solo looked alot like Darth Vader without the helmet.  He does wear a helmet at one point when he is trying to determine his Sith name.  Why not have Darth Caedus look similar to Darth Vader but he removes his helmet to show the man behind the mask so to speak. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »

What if the suit is being reintroduced.  Remember that Mara and Luke both said Jacen Solo looked alot like Darth Vader without the helmet.  He does wear a helmet at one point when he is trying to determine his Sith name.  Why not have Darth Caedus look similar to Darth Vader but he removes his helmet to show the man behind the mask so to speak. 

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »

Joker will cross-over from DC Universe to Star Wars, take Vader's corpse, and resurrect it in the Lazarus Pit, while Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl team up with Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewbacca to thwart their evil plans!

Oh wait, Vader got cremated...

Darn it! That could have been such an awesome cross-over  Cry

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »

I suspect the people of Kamino...they are cloners and good ones.

Seriously, if they bring the vision of Vader back, I suspect a clone wearing his armor.

Other than that...hmmm I don't know what to say...sounds like a vile sith plot to me   Undecided

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: