Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Daniel Anterons guide to using Lee filters... every color of the rainbow.  (Read 9081 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »

That's nice. Looks like I'm going to avoid RGB and get myself an Adegan Silver with Lee filters. Though our local Lee filters store is out of stock of those little swatch booklets, but I'll wait.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »

I was leaning that way, but wanted flash-on-clash.  I couldn't find any mention in the forum of anyone combining AS primary with filters + FOC.  Obviously, the flash would have to be a colour other than AS.  Anyone have a link, or insights?

In the mean time, I went CG and GB for my first sabers; both with AS for flash...

Cheers,
Saint

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »

Ok guys I got my AS MLS in the other day....

Shocked I. LOVE. IT!

Ok so anyways onto some Lee Filters for you guys. I'm going to do this in segments. Just so everyone knows I have no idea at this point which colors are which in the swatch book. I have cut out so many that it would be hard to say this one is this color and that one it that. As such I will show you a shot of each color filter in a group, and then what each color looks like. Here's the first 15 I'll be doing for you guys.

Up first we have a very light blue.

This one's pretty cool. It's hard to tell, but it gives it a slightly more silver look.

Next we have a very nice yellow.

Next is a slightly darker yellow. There's not much of a difference so either is good for a very good yellow.

This next one is one of my favorites. It's a very close approximation to PO. The only down side is it's a little dim.

This one was hard to get. It's a very yellow green kind of color.

This one is kind of a green yellow.

This one is another one of my favorites. It's a very very close approx. of CG.

I found a pretty good GB. It's a little dim though.

Love this one. It reminds me of the yellow they had in the KotOR games. It was always a very amber yellow rather than a light vibrant yellow.

I like the color you get with this next one, but I don't like how dim it is.

This next one is probably very close to what BH looks like, and it's pretty bright.

This next one I absolutely love! It's way too dim though sadly, but it reminds me of what a black light looks like.

This was the closest I could get to an accurate picture of this one. If you have AS and some Lee Filters you should try it out it's sweet. If you have or have seen a black light you'll know what the color looks like.

This next one gave me a sweet Cyan color.

Finally while this last one is a little dim it gives you a great Windu style purple.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:09:02 AM by Daniel Anteron » Logged

Kyaryo Ysoyav
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 01:36:03 AM »

Point for providing that link.  I'm getting a Tri-Rebel with 3 whites on it...pretty excited to get two of them up and running with filters!

Thanks again for the link!

Light side points please.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 06:36:11 AM »

Nice colors. There were only a few reds that I liked but not too many.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »

That was an insanely cheap price for Lee filters.

I don't even have AS but I still purchased a swatch-book.

I think I know what my next color will be.  This will be an excellent opportunity to try out a plethora of different colors not usually available in the LED variant.

Who knows, maybe I can turn my SY Initiate V3 into a FO or something similar?

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 98

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 02:50:03 AM »

I've been using a 1 inch circle punch that I found on amazon to punch out my color discs. Less hassle for sure.

*Ker-chunk*

Done.

Liberator, shrouded, igniter R4
Guardian, with manticore emitter (guardicore, rgb igniter r4 )
Battle Saber V3 (VA/nanobiscotte)
Prophecy V3 (AS/ obsidian 2.0)
Dominix V2 (AB)

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »

8-9 hours later and I ended up purchasing my first MLS Unit with the 15% off sale, a Adegan Silver MLS Unit in FoC Blue, specifically so it could [hopefully] work well with orange, yellow, and those green colors.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Darth Varadus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »

Thanks for this, I just bought a set of those filters for me and a friend to use! Can't wait!

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 98

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 01:18:57 AM »

I use my AS with a blue flash on clash with the lee filters and I have a ball with it.

Liberator, shrouded, igniter R4
Guardian, with manticore emitter (guardicore, rgb igniter r4 )
Battle Saber V3 (VA/nanobiscotte)
Prophecy V3 (AS/ obsidian 2.0)
Dominix V2 (AB)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: